Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#202887 - 06/03/10 04:10 AM Re: Question for Paramedics, EMT's, etc ...... [Re: sybert777]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I also Apoligize for,Jumping this thread! How about 6 Flags Amusement Park,or Anheuser-Busch Industries,I know both of those have Younger folk,workin' for em'.You live in the Flatlands,there's gotta' be Farms everywhere,or close by anyhow,Have you tried inquiring to work at a Farm? Churches are always reliable sources for info,regarding employment.Perhaps a local church's Pastor would allow you to use his name as a Reference.References are one of the Best way's to get your foot in the door.Check out Monster.com & Craigslist for Yardwork,etc.Whatever your endeavours,Be Honest,Alway's! Best o' Luck to you!

#202891 - 06/03/10 07:06 AM Re: Question for Paramedics, EMT's, etc ...... [Re: Richlacal]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
I dont' think that 52 is a problem, but like other said, they tend to hire you. Is your back (and belly) up to long hours, horrible elements, being crouched under (or in) a car trying to intubate, carrying a backboard 100 yards to the helo, manuevering in the cramped on-board conditions?

Are you thinking like 911, medivac work, or the long-distance transports?

If you're really having a tough time locally, I know lots of areas that are remote will have air ambulances, and those folks tend to be bit older. Places like Alaska, I'd assume Canada, etc. Of course, you'd better enjoy moving there!

#202900 - 06/03/10 12:51 PM Re: Question for Paramedics, EMT's, etc ...... [Re: sybert777]
Matt26 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vermont
Not to burst your bubble about "Fast food" jobs but some of them are quite good and can pay well. I work full time for a city government. I also work part time delivering pizza two nights a week. On a good night I can make thirty dollars an hour and on a bad night (no deliveries) I make 8.50 an hour. I have held every position at my second job except general manager. I'm 38 and actually enjoy working at my second job.

#202903 - 06/03/10 01:11 PM Re: Question for Paramedics, EMT's, etc ...... [Re: dougwalkabout]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
. . . Locksmiths are in demand (which I would find pretty darn interesting FWIW).

It is funny you mention this. My childhood friend dropped out of high school in the middle of ninth grade. Just about that time I went into the military. Well, some years later when I am home on leave I find out this guy is a locksmith with a very successful business. Guess how he got started? Yup, he looked at one of those schlocky ads on the inside of a pack of matches. Now thirty -plus years later he is looking to sell his locsmithing business and his used car lot and retire to Newfoundland, Canada. Crazy isn't it? I love America!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 390 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.