Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#200726 - 04/22/10 07:10 AM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in US [Re: JBMat]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
>Terrace Hill is the Iowa Governer's Mansion Address.

You are right. It kept referring to the governors manson and terrace hill so I assumed they were two different places.

But really this article is obviously rubbish. Unnamed sources and reports are unnamed because they don't exist. Whenever something in the media has any basis in truth they name names. As soon as you see the words 'a report', 'a source..', 'a man...' or 'a paper reported that..'. You know it's made up.

The Sock

#200727 - 04/22/10 08:42 AM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in US [Re: JBMat]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
<Terrace Hill is the Iowa Governer's Mansion Address.

You are right. It kept referring to 'the Governors Mansion' and 'Terrace Hill' so I thought they were 2 different places.
But come on this article is obviously rubbish. When something refers to sources it can't name it's usually because they are invented. And nothing plus nothing equals nothing. Repeated claims of evidence that can't be produced are still a mountain of nothing.
The Sock

#200734 - 04/22/10 12:44 PM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in US [Re: TheSock]
clarktx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Houston, Texas
Every wild speculation starts with some basis in fact. The idea that there are some correct facts is irrelevant. The point is not what facts are correct. Its about the conclusion. Whenever you get to the conclusion, there is no corroboration or ability to provide independent verification. This means its rubbish.

Thats why "conspiracy theorists" get such a hard time. Certainly there are probably some conspiracies out there. But conspiracy theorists routinely have to make huge leaps of faith from a set of known facts to an "implausible conclusion". Just like this article.

In 15 years people will be saying that the stem rust (ug99) was a hoax. And that any modified grains made to combat it are going to cause an ecological nightmare. And they will blame Monsanto. Just wait wink

Monsanto does a lot of bad things on the road to running their business. They aren't unique. So do a lot of other companies.

#200786 - 04/23/10 07:27 AM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in US [Re: clarktx]
James_Van_Artsdalen Offline
Addict

Loc: Texas
The Kremlin does a better job than that with their propaganda; even Stalinist-era propaganda was better written. That *might* had been written by someone in the sticks trying to gain favor, but it looks like the work of an unbalanced eco-loony in the West to me.

#200787 - 04/23/10 10:12 AM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in US [Re: James_Van_Artsdalen]
adam2 Offline
Addict

Loc: Somerset UK
There could be a lot of unexplained deaths, without this being in any way sinsister or a matter for concern
"Uexplained" could include a lot of people who die at a ripe old age, but without formal autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
It could also include deaths in car crashes, where the cause is not proved, and could be either driver error, extreme weather, or mechanical failure.

#200803 - 04/23/10 02:12 PM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in US [Re: JBMat]
BrianTexas Offline
Ordinary Average Guy
Enthusiast

Loc: North Central Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: JBMat
I can explain this - The World News Weekly went Russian.

Next up - Russian Bat Boy weds Elvis. Michael Jackson and JFK attend ceremony.

You failed to mention that it was officiated by Judge Roy Crater. Jimmy Hoffa was the best man. Amelia Erhart was the matron of honor. cool

#200808 - 04/23/10 02:36 PM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in [Re: adam2]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: adam2
"Uexplained" could include a lot of people who die at a ripe old age, but without formal autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Theoretically, true, but practically speaking, there are few death certificates filled out "unknown" as a cause of death. Certainly not a million out of 2.4 million deaths a year to match the 2 million unexplained deaths since 2008 mentioned in the article.

Originally Posted By: adam2
It could also include deaths in car crashes, where the cause is not proved, and could be either driver error, extreme weather, or mechanical failure.

Except this news story is about some "unexplained lung disease". With all the attention focused on H1N1 and every cough and sneeze lately, could we really have missed this many people dying from some lung disease? Well, maybe if they were all driving a certain Japanese brand of car when they crashed driving themselves to the hospital...ooooooh, that's a juicy new conspiracy theory!

#200813 - 04/23/10 03:05 PM Re: Russia reporting 2 million explained deaths in [Re: Arney]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
i think it's sort of a hobby in Russia to come up with doomsday scenarios for the USA.a guy did one about the US breaking up into regions in the next few years and i have a paperback by some Russian General "America,Too Young to Die".. whenever i see stuff like this,from anywhere,i know that it's not coming from a friend of our country.

#201147 - 04/29/10 12:54 AM Re: Russia reporting 2 million unexplained US deaths [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
akabu Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Brooklyn NY
Link is showing up as a Attack site on my PC and acting so.

#204346 - 07/06/10 09:52 PM Re: Russia reporting 2 million unexplained US deaths [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
xbanker Offline
Addict

Loc: Anthem, AZ USA
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor: If you can forget all the politico stuff at the end of the news story, I was interested if anything in this story about the environmental/medical part of the story chimes a bell

A little late to the thread, but here are couple of links that touch on "environmental/medical part." These are sources cited in the article that apparently do exist.

I'm not suggesting, nor do I believe, that the Russian article isn't filled with made-up facts and conclusions.

"A Comparison of the Effects of Three GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health" published by International Journal of Biological Sciences.

The French agency Commission du Génie Biomoléculaire did apparently comment during their June 2007 meeting. Best can tell (I don't speak French; Google translation helped a little), is published on their website here.

Greenpeace comments here.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.