Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#198171 - 03/16/10 11:25 PM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: Kukulkan]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: Kukulkan
The Canadian Criminal Code provides:

My original point stands, do some research and decide how to act based on your conclusions. I do not know how Canadian courts interpret the above and I do not know how every Canadian law enforcement officer interprets the above. I do know that if I was asked by an LEO why I was carrying a concealed knife, I would not want my answer to be: "Because somebody on the internet said it was ok." California is not the only state that enacts silly laws.

Canadian courts have long held the opinion that if a knife is concealed, that it is not necessarily a crime as this does not necessarily mean intent. If this was the case, any person carrying a pocket knife or work related box cutter in their coat pocket or a hockey skate in a equipment bag would then be guilty.

In any case, I'll take a chance on my country's law and as a matter of fact I will ask at the RCMP community office the next time I am there.

In the meantime, I'll keep carrying my knife the way I see fit to, so can you stop the preaching and let the thread get back on track?

John Lubbock

#198195 - 03/17/10 02:12 AM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: Teslinhiker]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
A Clipper isn't much of a worry. On this side of the 49th it's a tool -- unless you demonstrate intent to use it otherwise.

Some bars and ticketed venues/events will require you to check it at the door or return it to your vehicle. And if you wave it around like a crazy person in public, or use it in an altercation, you will get some personalized hands-on attention from the local constabulary.

But carried discreetly and used sanely? Totally a non-issue.

-Doug, who knows where Teslin is

#198489 - 03/20/10 04:00 AM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: dougwalkabout]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout

-Doug, who knows where Teslin is

Yukon Territory, Canada?

#198499 - 03/20/10 06:47 AM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: Teslinhiker]
jzmtl Offline
Addict

Loc: Montreal Canada
Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
I have a Clipper and I like it a lot. Great little cutter that feels really nice my hand. Just curious, what did you pay for it? Is there a smokin' deal out there somewhere?

I'm watching for the big brother version of the Clipper, the Mora Craftline Allround. Same shape but a beefier blade.

I purchased my knife locally for $18.95. Unfortunately it was EOS (end of stock) as I wanted 2 of them. I ordered another knife of the same model ($22.99 though) from Workwear Canada of which I have a post office parcel notification slip so I will pick it up Monday after work.

BTW, MEC has the Frost River knife (Mora Scout) for $19.75. I have one of these knifes also and although I now prefer the Clipper, it is still a very good knife for the price.

There unfortunately isn't a good Canadian source for Mora knives, so I get mine from u.s.

The river knife at MEC has very small handle length and diameter, my hand get cramps when I use them longer than a minute. Also the plastic button on strap will break pretty quick, but you can heat up the black part, squeeze them a bit so the nubs hold knife in very securely.

#198508 - 03/20/10 12:00 PM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: jzmtl]
fasteer Offline
Journeyman

Loc: away
Originally Posted By: jzmtl

There unfortunately isn't a good Canadian source for Mora knives, so I get mine from u.s.

I've seen 'em at Camper's Village in Calgary & some models are available here:
http://www.workwearcanada.com/products/category.cfm?category=9

Edited by fasteer (03/20/10 12:01 PM)

#198509 - 03/20/10 12:48 PM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: fasteer]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: fasteer
Originally Posted By: jzmtl

I've seen 'em at Camper's Village in Calgary & some models are available here:
http://www.workwearcanada.com/products/category.cfm?category=9

Like, Fasteer, I also recommend Workwear Canada. Paul is a good person and very prompt with answering any questions etc.

Knife Zone is another place to try. The website does not show Mora knives, but they have quite an extensive offline catalog that can ordered from.

John Lubbock

#198523 - 03/20/10 04:42 PM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: Teslinhiker]
jzmtl Offline
Addict

Loc: Montreal Canada
I remember looking at knifezone a long time ago for other knives, if those price are any indication on mora's price, I can probably get 2 or 3 from ragweed forge for the price of 1. eek Seems he is still in the days of CAD is 60 cents to a dollar.

#198713 - 03/23/10 12:23 AM Re: Mora Clipper 860 knife [Re: jzmtl]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
There's a guy selling the carbon steel version on eBay for $11.49 plus $3.75 shipping. It's $1.00 extra shipping for for each additional knife ordered. The site says he has more than 10 to sell. Just log onto eBay and locate this guy....no affiliation

Mora 840-MG Clipper Carbon Steel Knife with Sheath
Seller: cocoluna1004

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 414 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.