Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#194695 - 01/31/10 05:30 AM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Welcome aboard, Byrd_Huntr.

I learn something new from these folks nearly every day. It's a great resource for all of us. Looking forward to your ongoing contributions.

One of the great things about this crowd is that while we have definite and pointed opinions, we don't feel obligated to swing at every pitch. A bit of civility is the result.

BTW, hats off and three cheers for our Moderators, who show enormous tolerance for our various peccadillos, and tactfully steer us back onto the road when we go feral. No doubt they've been overworked since the Haiti disaster, where every post is potentially political. Sincere thanks, guys, keep it up.

#194697 - 01/31/10 05:49 AM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: dougwalkabout]
epirider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wyoming, USA
Have to agree with all that was said up to this point. Friendly, knowledgable people that are as varied as the post that are discussed here. It is nice that people can agree or disagree with each other and not loose their minds about it. The Moderators are tolerant and informed. Unless the discussion is going in the wrong direction, they are just as likely to lay down their .02 in the discussion like any of us. It is that attitude and behavior that makes me respect and admire most that post here.

I could have done a lot worse then picking this forum. Welcome Byrd_Hunter, grab a cup of whatever keeps ya going and make yourself at home.

#194702 - 01/31/10 06:39 AM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: epirider]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
Welcome home stranger.

#194707 - 01/31/10 12:39 PM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: scafool]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
I find _I_ don't generally have to do much steering. I'm actually pleasently surprised how LITTLE I have I have to do. The only place I've seen as civil (that is open to the public) is the old CompuServe, and there, no one was anonymous, so the Mods knew who everyone was (remember, you HAD to pay, so...)

I actually have to thank the MEMBERS - they keep themselves, and each other in line
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#194720 - 01/31/10 06:53 PM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: KG2V]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Welcome, and thanks for the compliment.

I have to agree - seems like nearly everyone here does a good job playing nicely. Even disagreements are settled civilly, which is amazing.

My thanks too to the new mods - picked up the torch nicely from our former. Wonder what Chris is up to nowadays.

#194729 - 01/31/10 07:53 PM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Welcome Byrd_Hunter,
I also lurked for a while and ETS is the first and almost the only forum I post on. Sometimes we differ in opinion here, but you never get any hassle.

Mike

#194731 - 01/31/10 08:36 PM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: SwampDonkey]
MostlyHarmless Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
Welcome Byrd_Hunter,
I also lurked for a while and ETS is the first and almost the only forum I post on.

Exactly my situation as well - welcome smile

#194815 - 02/01/10 04:51 PM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: NightHiker]
Cauldronborn Offline
Journeyman

Loc: UK
Hey NightHiker, lighten up will ya'? I lurked here for 3+ years before I joined and nobody had a problem with me. whistle

#194847 - 02/01/10 08:35 PM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: NightHiker]
Cauldronborn Offline
Journeyman

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: NightHiker
Originally Posted By: Cauldronborn
Hey NightHiker, lighten up will ya'? I lurked here for 3+ years before I joined and nobody had a problem with me. whistle

That's cuz nobody pointed it out or if you did it slipped under that radar...till now!

Lucky for you that you've graduated from Stranger to Newbie or you'd really be in for it....
laugh

what, do we have a punishment chicken or something on this forum? crazy

P.S the punishment chicken is a SOSAK forum reference

Edited by Cauldronborn (02/01/10 08:37 PM)

#194865 - 02/01/10 10:53 PM Re: Do know what I like about ETS?.... My hobo mark [Re: Cauldronborn]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
what, do we have a punishment chicken or something on this forum? crazy

No, something much, much worse: wet cats.

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid...

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (NAro, Ren), 444 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.