The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#197391 - 03/06/10 02:07 PM Re: Longterm trend -inflation [Re: Susan]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Very good tutorial on money at Money As Debt on YouTube. Part 1 is an intro to banking through a (fictional) story. Part 2 gets into why money is in fact debt. Worth the time to watch.

---------------------------------------------------
"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."
Money and Wealth in the New Millennium, by Norm Franz.

#197400 - 03/06/10 04:14 PM Re: Longterm trend -inflation [Re: Susan]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
Originally Posted By: Susan
"Until the private sector has the confidence to take risk and lose the aversion to taking on debt, we are going to stagnate."

The private sector has no control over how our economy is being handled. With the number of private businesses that have failed in the last year, expecting others to put themselves in the same condition is ridiculous. Loans require collateral. Small businesses do not control a manipulated economy -- our economy controls the businesses.

The people who have brought this country to its knees haven't changed a single thing.

Sue

This is all by design...... recommend reading 'Cloward and Piven' as it is the map for where the progressives are trying to take us. Why are these politicians saying one thing and doing another (more so than usual)? Read Saul Alinski...the ends justify the means to these people. The progressives and 'elites' have tried this before and failed. Our Constitution is again under attack by the people who swore to uphold it, but I still have faith in the exceptionalism and pioneer spirit of the American people.

#197419 - 03/07/10 01:21 AM Re: Longterm trend -inflation [Re: Byrd_Huntr]
LED Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
but I still have faith in the exceptionalism and pioneer spirit of the American people.

I hear phrases similar to this bandied about on a daily basis. It always goes something like, "things are bad but american resilience and determination will lead us out.. blah blah blah" Personally I don't buy it. How exceptional and resilient can we be when we've had everything a nation could ask for and still ran the country into the ground over a period of 60+ years? I'm not knocking your comment and this isn't directed at you Byrd_Huntr, but maybe its partly because we think we're so special and capable that we're in this mess to begin with.

#197421 - 03/07/10 01:49 AM Re: Longterm trend -inflation [Re: LED]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
We're Americans, it can't happen to us.

Well, it can't happen twice.

Well, we might go into a little recession, but not a depression.

Yes, it is a little worse than we anticipated, but I'm sure we're over the worst of it now.

Oh, it does look kinda bad, but it can't get too bad, this is America.

Twenty percent unemployment... that's only a fifth of the workforce.

What do you mean Boeing is outsourcing? *I* work for Boeing!

I thought I'd get more than this for unemployment...

Yeah, we're on food stamps, but I make my wife do the grocery shopping.

We can't make it on just the wife's paycheck, so we're putting the house up for sale. Big yard sale this weekend.

We can't sell the house, so we're just going to have to walk away from it. Twenty years of payments down the tubes! Yeah, we're moving the fifth wheel into the inlaw's back yard, gonna live in that. Same school district, anyway.

How could this happen??? This isn't supposed to happen!!! This is AMERICA!

#197429 - 03/07/10 04:11 AM Re: Longterm trend -inflation [Re: Susan]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Oh good grief, it was such a nice day...

Folks you've already been warned once, we've drifted too far away from the preparedness aspects of future possible economic issues. This forum isn't the place assigning blame for problems, it's for how to survive those problems. I'm locking this thread.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.