Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#188604 - 11/19/09 01:17 AM Lets Make A Deal
Jesselp Offline
What's Next?
Enthusiast

Loc: New York
Ok, so does anyone remember the guy who started with a single red paperclip, and after many trades with many different people wound up trading up to a house? Who's up for a little horse trading fun?

My goal is to see if I can barter my way up to either a new deer hunting rifle or a PLB, starting by clearing out stuff I can't use. If you want to play along, that's great. Let me know what's sitting around and gathering dust in your home that I may find useful. Maybe we can make a trade. If not, no harm done.

I have, sitting on my table, two "Sure-Pak" brand commercial MREs. They are the full meal kit, consisting of an entree, side, dessert, crackers, spread, and beverage mix. The problem is that they are of no use to me - the entree is "New England Clam Chowder" and I can't eat clams. I don't even want them in the house.

Surely someone can use these, and if that someone is you, let me know what you'll offer in trade. I'll ship these out by USPS priority mail envelope, so it will be cheap and I'll eat the cost.

I'm not trying to sell or buy anything - I really want to see how far I can get by trading. Trading and bartering would be a useful thing to have practiced as a survival skill, no?

(Moderators, if this is inappropriate, please remove)

#188607 - 11/19/09 01:35 AM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: Jesselp]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Any other flavor, I wouldve scooped up in a heartbeat. But, bein from new england, I cannot stand most new england clam chowder, with the exception of a few local places that make it. Snobbish, I know...
I am interested in this thread though...and have some items as you get up the scale smile

#188618 - 11/19/09 04:14 AM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: NightHiker]
kd7fqd Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Saratoga Springs,Utah,USA
I have 10 pocket heaters (open to air to activate)Who wants em?

Mike

#188628 - 11/19/09 01:01 PM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: Jesselp]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Jesselp,

I have a pair of Nomex trousers (W34xL38) I'll trade for the MREs. They've only been worn twice and have no holes, frays, or stains. PM me with an address if you want to make this trade.

-Blast

p.s. I like this thread.
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#189896 - 12/04/09 02:38 PM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: Blast]
Jesselp Offline
What's Next?
Enthusiast

Loc: New York
OK folks, this experiment is not dead, just tied up in shipping.

I now have a very nice pair of navy blue Nomex pants, size 34x38 for trade. They are in very nice (like new) condition and I can think of many ways they'd be useful, but I'm not tall enough or thin enough to wear them.

Anyone have something interesting gathering dust in the garage they'd like to trade?

#189911 - 12/04/09 04:35 PM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: NightHiker]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
I'll play along...

I have two atwoods, a crawdaddy and Ti Gas BOBar (ti bug out bar with the cut outs for gas shut off and using the hex screw driver bits). The crawdaddy is pretty much mint and the TiBOBar is used but not abused and the paracord handle taken off. These aren't seeing any use and might as well go to someone who'll use them!

Anyone interested in trades? Shipping from the Caymans.

#190038 - 12/06/09 02:31 AM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: Kris]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
I have 2 knives that are larger than what I need. Both are new in the box, never used, factory sharp.

- A Camillus/Becker BK7 with the green nylon sheath and PSK pocket.

- A Gerber LMF II ASEK in brown with the hook/line knife also, sheaths for both.

Any interesting trades out there?

Mike

#190056 - 12/06/09 12:25 PM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: Jesselp]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
I received the MRE's from Jesselp on Friday. Man, I really want to give them a taste but alas, they are going into our BOB.

Jesselp now has a set of Nomex pants from the world-famous Blast up for trade, assuming he can bear to part with such treasure! laugh

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#190076 - 12/06/09 05:36 PM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: Blast]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Sounds like a good trade Blast but your Nomex Pant sizes are backwards for me (38W X 34L).

Mike

#190078 - 12/06/09 06:09 PM Re: Lets Make A Deal [Re: SwampDonkey]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
I have 2 knives that are larger than what I need. Both are new in the box, never used, factory sharp.

- A Camillus/Becker BK7 with the green nylon sheath and PSK pocket.

- A Gerber LMF II ASEK in brown with the hook/line knife also, sheaths for both.

Any interesting trades out there?

Mike

Mike,
If you had any Barkie's for trade and you wanted some Atwood's, I'd trade you in a second!

Kris

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.