Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#186585 - 10/27/09 02:42 AM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: Basecamp]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

would the insurance oppose to vaccinne shots in the US?

What do you guys think?

#186593 - 10/27/09 03:43 AM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: falcon5000]
UpstateTom Offline

Loc: Rens. County, NY
I'm not taking it. My doctor isn't taking it herself. I'm not in a high risk group, I trust my doctor's judgment, and I'm not one to generally trust our state health department to have my personal best interest in mind.

#186600 - 10/27/09 04:12 AM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: UpstateTom]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I've already had the seasonal flu vaccine. As soon as the H1N1 vaccine is available to me (low risk group), I'll have that one too. Adults can make their own decision on vaccinations. What drives me crazy are the parents who refuse to get their kids vaccinated for anything, ... just "because". I guess that's the newest fad in the stupid-parent crowd.

#187194 - 11/02/09 04:55 PM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: picard120]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Things are turning out differently that I expected. I thought that because of a lot of dire warnings flying around the Internet and the comments from TV folks like Bill Maher or Rush, that there would be little interest in the shots. It seems to be just the opposite, at least from what I have seen on the news.

Ironically, it may be the vaccine makers themselves who are doing the most to shoot themselves in the foot. Production is way behind their initial estimates, and it seems many people are angry at both the vaccine makers, health authorities, the President, etc. because there isn't a huge supply available already. I get the sense that many will give up trying to get the shot simply out of anger or frustration. That's not a good reason to not get the shot.

I think few people realize how amazing it is that we have as much of the vaccine as we do. Many years, it's hard enough trying to produce enough of the seasonal flu shot in time for October distribution, and this year, we have both seasonal and H1N1 shots coming out, and the H1N1 vaccine was started on way, way later than you'd usually begin production. It's rather amazing, actually.

I'm not in any priority group, but I'll get the shot whenever it becomes convenient and readily available once all the priority groups are vaccinated. For those like me, I wouldn't be surprised if that is sometime after the New Year. I'm not in any particular hurry.

#187202 - 11/02/09 05:37 PM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: Arney]
T_Co Offline

Loc: Nebraska
I took it because I work at a store where I stock shelves and work the register. Some unsavories handle product and money that I do not want to know what they have done with. My GF works at a doctors office so we didn't have to pay for it so all the more reason. Also I did a quick search just of this post and found that no one mentioned that you can take both the H1N1 and Flu vaccine in a mist form. Both me and my daughter took it that way.

#187209 - 11/02/09 06:23 PM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: T_Co]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: T_Co
...no one mentioned that you can take both the H1N1 and Flu vaccine in a mist form. Both me and my daughter took it that way.

It's unclear to me if you're saying that you got both vaccines at the same time through the nasal spray. Because that would not be recommended. Or you're saying that you got just the H1N1 through nasal spray?

Just a FYI tidbit from a CDC question & answer page found here .

Quote:
Can the 2009 H1N1 nasal spray vaccine and the seasonal nasal spray vaccine be given at the same time to the same person?

No. The seasonal nasal spray vaccine and the 2009 H1N1 nasal spray vaccine should not be given at the same time. This is because the nasal spray vaccines might not be as effective if given together. It is fine to receive the 2009 H1N1 nasal spray at the same time as the seasonal influenza (flu) shot, or the seasonal flu nasal spray at the same time as the 2009 H1N1 flu shot vaccine.

Also depending on how old you daughter is (i.e. if between 2 and 9 years old), it is recommended that she get a second dose of the H1N1 vaccine about 4 weeks after the first one.

#187210 - 11/02/09 06:35 PM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: Arney]
T_Co Offline

Sorry, You can get them both in mist forms but they are taken seperately, but not on the same visit like you can with the shots. Because they are both live virus' in mist form you have to wait "28 days" lol, in between the 2, even if 1 is a shot. We had not gotten in the H1N1 yet so I went with the Flu first, then just took the H1N1 this last Friday. No side effects from either by the way.

#187212 - 11/02/09 06:36 PM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: T_Co]
T_Co Offline

Oh 1 more bit on the mist. Children under 9 have to take the H1N1 mist twice. With the same 28 days in between them as well.

#187558 - 11/05/09 03:08 PM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: T_Co]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Great video on Swine Flu
Quote:
Now it's been revealed that the federal government deliberately withheld data that showed a huge percentage of people who have been reported as having the Swine Flu did not in fact have it.

#187569 - 11/05/09 03:56 PM Re: Would you take the H1N1 vaccinne ? [Re: Russ]
Lono Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pacific NW, USA
Russ, this is not such a great video, and I'll tell you why: it starts with a recent (and edited) CBS News story (10/27/09) chronicling how how the large percentage of assumed H1N1 cases (no testing to confirm) are actually not H1N1 - that's news, and if you want to read the whole story I encourage you to read and to view it at http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/21/cbsnews_investigates/main5404829.shtml. In fact CBS has a whole slew of H1N1 news stories that are worth a read, including one on the short supply of vaccines and why they are short (low yield, not other reasons, aka a black helicopter created production shortage).

After the CBS story though the video starts in with a segment from a 1979 60 Minutes on swine flu, which to put a point on it is all the rage in the anti-innoculation crowd these days, and has been used to fuel alot of sentiment against vaccination that ultimately is dangerous to affected populations of people. You can also source video and transcripts of this segment and review it yourself, although beware your sources, some out there have also been edited. My basic response - this segement is from 1979, not 2009, and the content is hardly news or relevant to the H1N1 issue. I didn't watch past the 5 minute mark, this video goes on some 9 minutes, and I don't know whether it has more info to provide or simply devolves into the Mercola message.

I'm not willing or prepared to debate Mercola here, and I hope folks aren't willing to put up with it either. Mostly I just wanted to point out how I found the video to be not so great. We are better off if we can stick to un-edited subjects and current news about the H1N1 pandemic. As 'historical record' this video provides a very subjective viewpoint slanted in my view towards a pre-determined point of view.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 325 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.