Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#182789 - 09/21/09 11:33 PM Re: SEC Candle [Re: scafool]
stoneplanking Offline
Stranger

Loc: Wyoming
Hi scafool, JohnE
I am not trying to promote my product in this forum, please contact me directly at info@seccandle.com, thanks

#182822 - 09/22/09 06:21 AM Re: SEC Candle [Re: stoneplanking]
MostlyHarmless Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: stoneplanking

Please do not judge this product until you give it a try, there are many people who love this product, and we will not let vicious attacks affect my dream of saving lives.

I will accept concrete critisiam, and apply it when resources allow.

OK, I'll have a go at some constructive criticism...

1) First it's a great thing you post videos. You may want to edit and relabel them so they are more clearly divided into thematic parts. (This shows how to assembly the stove, here's showing that you can boil water on stove, here I show how to refill stove and so forth, not just video 1:Start here, 2, 3, ...).

2) You put a lot of thought and effort into making this. Add your design philosophy on the web page. (Something like "I wanted to make a stove that was ... and better than ... "). I would really like to read that.

3) Contact someone who writes gear review on a regular basis and ask if they would like to test your stove. You give them your stove, they write their review (which you may or may not like). A link to an independent review from a well respected source does wonders....

4) Your web page seem to take for granted that people will look at your web page and realize: HERE is exactly the kind of portable heat source I have been looking for. Well, it doesn't work that way. You need to tell people WHY your solution is better than the alternatives.

5) Some technical questions should be addressed. How do I use the "wax beans" to refill the stove? Do I need another heat source to melt them, or can I refill as I go? What are the materials used in the stove? How heavy is it? Physical size when packed and assembled?

#182824 - 09/22/09 10:45 AM Re: SEC Candle [Re: MostlyHarmless]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Okay, let's look this over....

I see a product that looks as though it could be quite useful in the event one is looking for a multi-use heat/light type situation. Having been a small business owner, I understand the difficulties of trying to create viable and professional looking advertising and web presence.

This appears to me as an item that will fit a niche market, and that can be a good thing. Find you niche, and then find a need within said niche that you can satisfy.

Granting that there are a substantial number of parts involved, I see that this gentleman has tried to address issues for those who are and AREN'T prepared. His ideas of including cooking cups might seem overkill to some, but I challenge you to find 10 car trunks that have a dedicated cooking cup included in them. When you find those 10 cars, I bet 8 of them have owners with an account here at ETS.

I am possibly headed into the "Great White North" this winter for work, and this might or might not be a bad idea for my vehicle kit. (Being from Texas, the "GWN" starts around the northern Oklahoma border. However, I am going to Canada.)
Bees Wax looks a lot safer to store in the truck than white gas, and more temperature stable than LP canisters for my Jet-Boil.

Let us all give this fellow a break. I bet given a little "hands-on" time, it's merits would become evident and change a few opinions.

Disclaimer: I have zero connection with this fellow, the company, etc. Now add the standard disclaimer here.....

RIP OBG

#182830 - 09/22/09 12:46 PM Re: SEC Candle [Re: stoneplanking]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Stoneplanking, hopefully you are still checking out the forums and are reading this thread regarding your product. I belive it would be useful for you to remain active in this thread instead of going private with the members. Why? Well we have a fairly broad membership, which based upon their depth of knowledge/experience in survival, camping, hiking, rescue, marketing, small businesses, etc. could become a useful and constructive sounding board for a potentially useful product such as yours. I am not advocating marketing your product here (although there is a specific section for marketing that you might find useful), but rather explain and engage in useful discussion on why your product is beneficial, how the membership (again there is a lot of potential expertise here) views your product and marketing strategies that may lead you to other venues of sales.

I might even suggest that you consider selecting a few of the folks here to field trial/evaluate your product. A few kind words in the right places can have enormous potential on the success of a product. The original poster, Redflare is a retailer and is highly regarded by a number of people on the forum for his customer service and while I certainly cannot say whether his interest was for personal or business reasons, I am sure he is examining this thread carefully for how the product is viewed. We are fortunate in that we have had a number of manufactures of various products participate, not necessarily to defend their product, but to consult with the potential end users of their product. When this approach is taken, almost everyone comes out a winner.

Pete

#182860 - 09/22/09 06:28 PM Re: SEC Candle [Re: JohnE]
Jef Offline
Stranger

Greetings! Bob and myself would be happy to invite several members of this forum to field test our Sec candle. We know it's life saving benefits and features in an emergency survival situation will perform yet because of it's newness to the world many do not as of this post.
We are looking for a few good men or women to put our device to the test. Any Volunteers?
Thanks! Jef

#182864 - 09/22/09 07:16 PM Re: SEC Candle [Re: Jef]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
I'm interested in reviewing it, especially as a way to boil water and heat food.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#182867 - 09/22/09 07:26 PM Re: SEC Candle [Re: Jef]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Since I posted the suggestion, I will recluse myself, but look forward to such an evaluation by other members.

Pete

#182870 - 09/22/09 07:55 PM Re: SEC Candle [Re: Jef]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Originally Posted By: Jef
Greetings! Bob and myself would be happy to invite several members of this forum to field test our Sec candle. We know it's life saving benefits and features in an emergency survival situation will perform yet because of it's newness to the world many do not as of this post.
We are looking for a few good men or women to put our device to the test. Any Volunteers?
Thanks! Jef

I PM'd Bob regarding this test. I am currently in Texas, but will be spending the winter in Ontario for my job. I am actually looking for something like this to augment/replace my Jet-Boil stove due to the fuel instability in extreme cold, and I really do not like the idea of storing LP tanks in the cab of my truck. Please PM me so we can work something out.

RIP OBG

#182889 - 09/23/09 06:10 AM Re: SEC Candle [Re: stoneplanking]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
This product is in the hands of SAR search and rescue personnel, NSP national ski patrol personnel and State Troopers associations building programs to assist patients in the field, and save lives.
Bob

That is the kind of information that needs to be featured on your site!

True our budget will not allow us to create the finest web site on earth, and marketing is moving forward very quickly. This is a grass roots product, i have created it, manufactured it, and i am now presenting it to market, and we have sold hundreds of them, and have them in many small retail locations around the country.

I've bought items off of some pretty awful looking sites in my day. And while I like a great design, it's going to come down to the information on a product that makes me want to purchase.

It's a tough time to be in business. Best of luck to you!

#182926 - 09/23/09 03:51 PM Re: SEC Candle [Re: Nicodemus]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but how is your product different than this:

http://countycomm.com/Candle.html

I mean, it's cool that you offer packs of wax as refills, and the accessories are kind of fun. But really, I already have a pot, could figure out a stand for it, etc.

In terms of the actual candle, what makes yours better? Also, are you planning to sell the candle seperately? I could see more people willing to give your product a try if they could get the candle at a reasonable price instead of the whole package. They could always buy a full package later if they decide they like your product.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.