Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#202503 - 05/26/10 03:40 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: Krista]
rebwa Offline
Enthusiast

Since I might forget my head if not attached I keep lists in a 3 ring binder, that way it’s easy to change things around, which after trial and error or seeing a better idea, I frequently do. I find a printed hard copy list just easier as it can go out to the garage, shed, horse trailer etc with me when I'm packing up. Most of my gear is stored either in bags or plastic bins and I usually keep a list of what in them attached to the bin or bag, much easier than rummaging around in a duffle, stuff sack or bin to see what I put there often months back.

I also keep a journal and jot either good ideas I see on the net or in person down, as well as supplies---that get used and need to be replenished, cleaned or repaired. The repaired category would be more for horse or dog gear that the saddle shop can fix or re-size as sewing a button on presents a challenge for me!

#204131 - 07/01/10 02:16 AM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: rebwa]
MichaelJ07 Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Not to worry! Ain't left the group yet! Just been busy.

I'll get round to sending that list out. It is quite a hoot to the rest of the family....even when they discover their every need is met.....

Mike

#204146 - 07/01/10 03:10 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: MichaelJ07]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Good to see

#244839 - 04/12/12 09:02 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: TeacherRO]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

And its camping season again..so I'll re-up this discussion

#244842 - 04/12/12 11:14 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camping [Re: CANOEDOGS]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS
lists are a good start but i'm one of those vision orientated kind of people,which explains my photo and not writing hobby.
unless i lay everything out and eyeball several times i don't trust myself..the shot is my canoeing day bag,it could almost be a BOB.

Canoedogs, is that blue thing in the middle on the right a meat thermometer I see?

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#244845 - 04/13/12 06:45 AM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camping [Re: TeacherRO]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
BacPac..Wow..i forgot about posting that!
its a LL Bean fishing thermometer.the idea is you take the temp of the first fish you get and then lower a depth gauge thermometer gizmo,i have one,to get the depth the fish are at.old method but when your on the canoe path you don't want to haul fish finders.i do hear they are smaller these days.
also it's used when fly fishing to check the water temp.my main use is just to see if it's really as cold as i think it is!!OMG 57 no wonder the tent is chilly tonight and of course i note temps in my trip log.the items on the white paper go in my shirt pockets.the plastic box with the red and green tape is the lunch crackers.the round box is fishing lures.the long thing next to the thermometer is a LED and i don't take that anymore,in fact i thought the boat/day bag was getting filled with too many odds and ends and some of those have gone into the possibles bag inside the pack and the water filter is carried in the packs side pouch.
June 5th i'll be out for two weeks solo!!!!

#245495 - 05/01/12 06:38 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camping [Re: TeacherRO]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Add headlamp to the list

#245500 - 05/01/12 07:38 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camping [Re: CANOEDOGS]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS
BacPac..Wow..i forgot about posting that!
its a LL Bean fishing thermometer.the idea is you take the temp of the first fish you get and then lower a depth gauge thermometer gizmo,i have one,to get the depth the fish are at.old method but when your on the canoe path you don't want to haul fish finders.i do hear they are smaller these days.
also it's used when fly fishing to check the water temp.my main use is just to see if it's really as cold as i think it is!!OMG 57 no wonder the tent is chilly tonight and of course i note temps in my trip log.the items on the white paper go in my shirt pockets.the plastic box with the red and green tape is the lunch crackers.the round box is fishing lures.the long thing next to the thermometer is a LED and i don't take that anymore,in fact i thought the boat/day bag was getting filled with too many odds and ends and some of those have gone into the possibles bag inside the pack and the water filter is carried in the packs side pouch.
June 5th i'll be out for two weeks solo!!!!

Cool trick! I'm going to steal it. Thanks!!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#245517 - 05/02/12 12:18 AM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camping [Re: TeacherRO]
BruceZed Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
I always forget something, i always hope it is not important!
boreal.net

#245525 - 05/02/12 05:40 AM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camping [Re: TeacherRO]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA
i've been packing for my June 5th solo canoe trip.behind me is the main pack with the tent and sleeping gear.
what i have noticed,inspired by this this thread,is that i don't make out a list but do it by "eyeballing".
with the stuff sack with the tenting gear packed i moved on to the clothing.by eye balling i mean that i set out each bit of clothing on the living room floor next to the stuff sack and ask myself if i have what i need based on past trips,one set of spare shirt and pants,four sets of soxs,the back up TP and matches,you know the normal camp stuff.
i do the same with the food.it gets set out the same way.each dinner, breakfast and lunch spread out so i can see it and count it off before its broken up into thirds and put away.i break up the dinners that way so i'm not opening a big bag to the damp but just a few at a time even if each one is in it's own zip lock.
maybe i'm just one of those people who has to visualize things to make sense of them but with everything,and i mean everything right down to the last Bic set out in front of me the prospect of forgetting is nil.
and i should say in the process quite a bit is seen as overload and left home.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 387 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.