Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#182903 - 09/23/09 12:48 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: SwampDonkey]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
This makes me think of the "Hudson Bay Start". This was where voyageurs setting off on a long expedition would make their first camp only a short distance from the settlement. That way they could use all there camp gear and be sure nothing was forgotten, if something was missing then it was just a short paddle to retrieve it.
Mike

I hadn't heard of this before -- I need to remember it. Thanks!

More than once, my Hudson Bay Start has been at the end of my driveway, when I look up to see if my annual Park Pass is hanging from the rear view mirror. Nope, it's right where I left it, on the kitchen table. Argh!

#183640 - 09/30/09 12:00 AM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: dougwalkabout]
MichaelJ07 Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Had to laugh about a Master Camping List. My family rolls their eyes at the mention of my list.

It's in Excel
I do seven types of camping (seven columns represent the camping "modes")
I have over 400 items listed with a primary key number and then with an "x" in the appropriate columns for the type of camping I am doing.
Select the entire worksheet, sort by column (camping mode), then catagory, then item. Select print area, BAM! The list for whatever camping I am doing be it family, alone, with adult friends, deer hunting, etc.

I love that list!

#183642 - 09/30/09 12:04 AM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camping [Re: MartinFocazio]
MichaelJ07 Offline

Rite in the Rain are awesome, aren't they. I have several scattered about in various bags, trucks, backpacks, etc. Great products.

#183768 - 09/30/09 07:14 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: MichaelJ07]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Great idea... a little obsessive, but I bet you don't forget much!

#183769 - 09/30/09 07:15 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: TeacherRO]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Where I parked!!!! laugh

#184225 - 10/04/09 11:22 AM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: TeacherRO]
MichaelJ07 Offline

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO
... a little obsessive,

WAY too obsessive!

#202471 - 05/25/10 08:21 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: MichaelJ07]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

and where you put your car keys when you get back to the trailhead...

#202472 - 05/25/10 09:49 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: MichaelJ07]
Krista Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: MichaelJ07
Had to laugh about a Master Camping List. My family rolls their eyes at the mention of my list.

It's in Excel
I have over 400 items listed with a primary key number and then with an "x" in the appropriate columns for the type of camping I am doing.
Select the entire worksheet, sort by column (camping mode), then catagory, then item. Select print area, BAM! The list for whatever camping I am doing be it family, alone, with adult friends, deer hunting, etc.

I love that list!

SOOOO would you be willing to share your "family" category list?? LOL. I ALWAYS end up having to make at least one run (often 2-3) to the nearest super expensive "suckers that forget everything" camping/convenience store. LOL. I wish I was that organized, but I never seem to get around to it!!

~Marion C. Garretty

#202474 - 05/25/10 10:02 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: Krista]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: Krista

It's in Excel

I love that list!

SOOOO would you be willing to share your "family" category list?? LOL. I ALWAYS end up having to make at least one run (often 2-3) to the nearest super expensive "suckers that forget everything" camping/convenience store. LOL. I wish I was that organized, but I never seem to get around to it!!

You may be waiting awhile for that list as this thread is from Sept. 2009 and Michael has not posted on this forum since the day he mentioned the Excel spreadsheet.

John Lubbock

#202480 - 05/25/10 10:34 PM Re: Top ten things you'll forget on your next Camp [Re: Teslinhiker]
Krista Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
Originally Posted By: Krista

It's in Excel

I love that list!

You may be waiting awhile for that list as this thread is from Sept. 2009 and Michael has not posted on this forum since the day he mentioned the Excel spreadsheet.

HAHAHA Oh, I didn't even notice that! LOL. I hate when that happens. :p

~Marion C. Garretty

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.