Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#181591 - 09/07/09 07:27 AM Re: Car FAK [Re: MDinana]
James_Van_Artsdalen Offline
Addict

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: MDinana

There actually is a BIG difference on medicine efficacy based on how hot it gets. So, for all the states getting >90 degrees on a regular bases, the recommendation was to change the meds out frequently.

I wonder if the military has any MILSPEC ratings for FAKs at high temperatures?

A week or two ago my parents measured 122F passing through Tucson AZ, which translates to well over 150F in a parked car trunk and who-knows-what in the passenger areas. It seems pointless to store Neosporin, antiseptic wipes, etc, in a car FAK in such an environment. Perhaps a belly-pack so the thermally "delicate" things can be brought inside to work every day?

#181623 - 09/07/09 04:34 PM Re: Car FAK [Re: James_Van_Artsdalen]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Don't have anything liquid or oily loose in your basic container, enclose them in ziplock bags or another easy-open container.

Warm day, weak seam, getting squashed, they can make a real mess of the other stuff nearby if they leak, and either make them hard to open (slippery), or compromise the integrity of some articles.

#184826 - 10/10/09 04:14 PM Re: Car FAK [Re: Compugeek]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Compugeek
This one: Link

As far as I can tell, it's actually a pretty nice kit. I paid more for the one currently in my car and it's not as complete.

That is a good kit. I may suggest more alcohol swabs.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=363783&pCatg=4962

Jeanette Isabelle

#184837 - 10/10/09 05:56 PM Re: Car FAK [Re: Todd W]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Todd W
Is there a good pre-made / commercial kit to get me started?

As I've mentioned in another thread, this, I think, provides the best bang for the buck. It does not weigh much but it is a bit bulky. However the compartments are well organized and there is plenty of room for modifying.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=436447&pCatg=4962

Jeanette Isabelle

#184842 - 10/10/09 08:12 PM Re: Car FAK [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
NobodySpecial Offline

Look in at your local St Johns Ambulance - they do a whole range of kits that are excellent value compared to outdoors stores. You know that somebody with some sense designed them and the money goes to a good cause.

#184848 - 10/10/09 08:45 PM Re: Car FAK [Re: NobodySpecial]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: NobodySpecial
Look in at your local St Johns Ambulance - they do a whole range of kits that are excellent value compared to outdoors stores. You know that somebody with some sense designed them and the money goes to a good cause.

I found one Order in the United States and I found nothing on their web site pertaining to first aid kits. You are certainly right, though. This is a good cause.

Jeanette Isabelle

#184857 - 10/10/09 11:24 PM Re: Car FAK [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
Originally Posted By: NobodySpecial

I found one Order in the United States and I found nothing on their web site pertaining to first aid kits. You are certainly right, though. This is a good cause.

Jeanette Isabelle

I think in USA you get the same types of FAKs through Red Cross.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  KG2V, NightHiker 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.