The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#178357 - 08/01/09 07:55 PM Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking teens
clearwater Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Channeled Scablands

#178359 - 08/01/09 07:56 PM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking teens [Re: clearwater]
Todd W Offline
Product Tester
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mountains of CA
Going to happen more as economy continues to decline and near 600k people are losing unemployment in the coming months.

Glad he could protect himself somewhat and was able to get away!!

#178361 - 08/01/09 09:11 PM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: ]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

Five attackers. One a 13-year old. Looks like they weren't accustomed to someone fighting back.

#178362 - 08/01/09 09:15 PM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: Dagny]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Not to get a Self Defense / Politics thing going here, but it really is too bad he was prevented from having the adequate means for defending himself.

RIP OBG

#178367 - 08/01/09 10:45 PM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: Desperado]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
ah, kids these days! Why didn't they beat the sucker down and take his knife too! It just goes to show you, never send boys to do a man's job.

Seriously though, he is very lucky they didn't take his knife and used it to cut him up.
That is if the story that he got jumped is really true.
Excuse me for being a sceptic, but so far it is just have his word for it and the story might be that he attacked the kids with the knife first.

#178370 - 08/01/09 11:49 PM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: scafool]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
They do have a couple of the kids, so it's not like there's only one version.
Quote:
Police responded to the scene and eventually located the wounded teen and a 13-year-old, arresting both on suspicion of robbery.

#178378 - 08/02/09 01:30 AM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: Desperado]
Homer Offline
Antithetic

Loc: Sacramento, CA
I live in south Sacramento on the southern boundry and I know this area though it is more north of me. Not a good place in general to be walking around. I have said in the past that I don't wish to live in a society where I have to carry a concealed weapon just to feel safe, but times are changing. The sheriff in this county is very anit-CCW. It is almost impossible to get a permit. Also they did not get any federal funding and the county will be laying off 192 deputies very shortly. So here we are being told we can not protect ourselves and the police are becoming more and more impotent especially since they could never provide any real immediate protection. I am getting to the point that this is enough, and I will do what ever is needed to protect me and mine. I have cleaned and organized my weapons closet and I am now considering what I need to start carrying with me for defensive protection beyond less than lethal. I am not of a survivalist mentality and this is not a political debate. It is a coming reality for me and I will be prepared.

Edited by Homer (08/02/09 01:41 AM)

#178386 - 08/02/09 02:18 AM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: Homer]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

What ever you decide, do it legally. It could be a real problem in California to be facing any minor legal issue, and then it comes to light that you are armed. IIRC that takes everything to a whole different level.

You need to consult an attorney IMHO.

RIP OBG

#178387 - 08/02/09 02:39 AM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: Desperado]
Homer Offline
Antithetic

Loc: Sacramento, CA
I agree with you Desperado and thanks for the advice. Again it boils down to what you are allowed to do, die legally or go down fighting. It is heading to the point of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I would prefer not to carry and though it may not be here yet, when it does, I will be ready.

#178391 - 08/02/09 03:34 AM Re: Man in south Sacramento drives off attacking t [Re: Homer]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Homer,

I hear some misgivings in your post about your willingness to carry.

If you have those questions in your mind, even in the darkest recesses, you need to really think this one through.

A weapon of any kind (lethal or less lethal) is not an be all end all safety device.

I can promise you that all of the problems begin after you have decided to remove any weapon from its method of carry, and they don't end for years and years.

Before you make the decisions it is time to do some soul searching, and time to gain some education.

I know I am starting to sound like someone's parent here, but remember there is more to this than meets the initial inspection. You will have to live or die with your decisions, so make them informed decisions.

I'm done.

Good Luck

RIP OBG

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, Ren), 394 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
1 second ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.