Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#178304 - 07/31/09 09:58 PM Re: FAK inadequacy..I'm sure it happens to all men... [Re: MDinana]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: MDinana
Yeah, that's happened once or twice, but fortunately to myself only.

My big thing is I want some antibiotics in my kit. Don't really have a primary doc, not allowed to prescribe it to myself, and don't feel like vet meds.

But good job on stepping up. hope you've filled the FAK since posting this!

Already got 3" ace wraps (x3 for both cars and replacement for the house kit), repacked and purged car kit #1. Planning on attacking car kit #2 this weekend.

The purging I mentioned above was decreasing the number of certain bandaids, etc to help make room for the ace, and other stuff, and to make it fit in a gallon sized ziplock bag.

I like the ziplocks because it makes it easier to find what I'm looking for without dumping the whole thing out.

BTW, if there is a better idea than ziplocks to accomplish the desired purpose (visualization, water proofing), I'm always open to suggestions.

#178305 - 07/31/09 10:01 PM Re: FAK inadequacy..I'm sure it happens to all men... [Re: Art_in_FL]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
True, Art.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Although, improvising sometimes takes a little more time than having the right tool for the job. And in some situations, time is a luxury.

You are absolutely correct that it is unwise to rely on one item, or one kit, or one person (for that matter). Murphy usually hides whatever you're looking for when you need it most.

#178335 - 08/01/09 02:55 AM Re: FAK inadequacy..I'm sure it happens to all men... [Re: Tom_L]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
My failure occurred when a young man "blew himself up" in NOLA, once upon a time. I had grabbed my FAK and when I got to him, burned over 95% of his body, I had not enough bandage material to even start.

I did manage to get his name and phone number to his next of kin by the time the ambulance arrived (and his lungs started frothing).

Yes, I felt totally inadequate.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.