Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#177618 - 07/25/09 04:09 PM Production PICO Lite Introduced
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Essential Gear Introduced the production PICO Lite at Outdoor Retailer this week. I have reproduced their press release below and included some images of the new colors and the new battery carrier. The production PICO Lite should be available next week from select retailers and will post a list as soon as I have it, hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Once I shoot good images, I'll update the PICO Lite web page images and info. Note that the reverse side still has the Doug Ritter logo.

eGear. PICO™Lite – 5 New Colors

Greenfield, MA, July 1, 2009 — The eGear. PICO™Lite projects a powerful 10 lumen beam up to 30 feet from an ultra-compact and tough cylindrical aluminum body weighing just two-tenths of an ounce. The PICO™Lite is the ultimate reliable personal flashlight that’s so small you can always have a light with you.

Designed in collaboration with survival equipment authority Doug Ritter, the PICO™Lite is constructed of rugged 6061 aluminum, sand blasted then anodized for added protection. It’s water resistant to IPX 4 international standard and has an unbreakable LED light source. The rotary bezel switch ensures it is all but impossible to turn on inadvertently, which means the batteries will still have juice when you need light.

Just twist the bezel end to turn on/off. Aggressive knurling provides a good grip in the wet or cold. The bezel end is anodized in a contrasting titantium color to indicate the switch location.

PICO™Lite has a matte finish and is available in 5 new colors: black, blue, green, red and titanium. PICO™Lite comes with a miniature carabineer clip and split ring, making it a snap to attach just about anywhere you need extra light. Clip it onto your key ring, zipper or pack pocket for instant light. There’s no need to search through your pack, purse or vehicle glove compartment to find a light.

PICO™Lite’s solid-state LED is powered by four replaceable button cell LR 41 batteries that provide 15 hours of light. Internal battery holder makes changing batteries a breeze. PICO™ Lite measures 1.47 x 0.5 (diameter) inches (37.3 x 12.7 mm). MSRP is $12.00 in retail clamshell packaging.

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the PICO™Lite supports the non-profit Equipped To Survive Foundation.

See next post for additional images

Edited by Doug_Ritter (07/25/09 10:33 PM)
Edit Reason: Added link to PICO Lite web page
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#177619 - 07/25/09 04:12 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

More images:

See next post for battery carrier images
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#177620 - 07/25/09 04:13 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Battery carrier images:

www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#177622 - 07/25/09 04:22 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Todd W Offline
Product Tester
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mountains of CA
Hey Doug what's the info no that clip? I'd love to get one for some other gadgets.

#177628 - 07/25/09 05:40 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Todd W]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

Terrific product, Doug.

I already have four: two blues, a green and a red.

One is on a lanyard with a house key for walking my pup. The other is with my car keys, the other is in a day pack and the other is looking for the most strategic resting place.

The blue ones have been for sale for awhile from Essential Gear.

Great value! It puts out a surprising amount of light and, as advertised, you won't inadvertently turn it on and drain the batteries (the inconvenient fate of so many other little LED lights that I've had).

Kudos also to Essential Gear for fast delivery. Have placed two orders with them and both times the lights arrived lickety-split.

:-)

#177629 - 07/25/09 05:47 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Dagny]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Dagny

Terrific product, Doug.

I already have four: two blues, a green and a red.

One is on a lanyard with a house key for walking my pup. The other is with my car keys, the other is in a day pack and the other is looking for the most strategic resting place.

The blue ones have been for sale for awhile from Essential Gear.

Great value! It puts out a surprising amount of light and, as advertised, you won't inadvertently turn it on and drain the batteries (the inconvenient fate of so many other little LED lights that I've had).

Kudos also to Essential Gear for fast delivery. Have placed two orders with them and both times the lights arrived lickety-split.

:-)

Thanks. Just to be clear. The ORIGINAL BLUE ones with the shiny finish were from an initial pre-production run and DO NOT have the battery carrier or the new, smaller clip. Who knows, perhaps someday those will be collectors items. grin
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#177631 - 07/25/09 05:51 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Todd W]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Todd W
Hey Doug what's the info no that clip? I'd love to get one for some other gadgets.
Sorry, cannot help with the clip by itself.
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#177652 - 07/25/09 09:31 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Doug_Ritter]
GoatRider Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
Pictures need a size reference with something familiar, like a car key.

#177665 - 07/25/09 10:45 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
Those turned out great!

#177668 - 07/25/09 11:09 PM Re: Production PICO Lite Introduced [Re: Nicodemus]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC
The light is 1.25" long. The one in this photo is the non-production model Doug mentioned. The paint is shiny and the clasp is larger.

Attachments
Picture 3891.jpg

Edited by Dagny (07/25/09 11:15 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 411 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.