Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#175773 - 07/08/09 01:32 AM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: Alan_Romania]
redwing Offline
Stranger

Winter gloves, work gloves, set of long underwear, 2 skivvies, wool socks, wool watch cap, rain hat, sweatshirt. Poncho, of course.

#175774 - 07/08/09 01:34 AM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: Alan_Romania]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC
I keep hats, rain parka, rain pants, gloves and a fleece top in the car. And an umbrella.

#175776 - 07/08/09 02:43 AM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: Dagny]
Grahund Offline
Stranger

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
My goal is that with nothing but what god gave me and my BoB I can walk 100 miles. I think it will work if I say the BoB includes the 10 liters of water that is stored next to it. With any luck at all I'll be able to get more water, in which case life is good. Travel routes are planned with that in mind.

Given that it can be rainy and cold in the SF Bay area any time of year, the BoB includes boots, socks (2 pair), briefs (2 pair), t-shirt, thermal underwear, shirt, pants, fleece pullover, fleece balaclava, gloves, sun hat, and a full Gore-Tex rain suit (Marmot Precip). Everything is synthetic so it will wash easily, dry quickly, and look good without ironing. If I have to deal with some authority I will look like an well-prepared citizen, not like either a refugee or a para-military wannabe.

The BoB can carry 8 liters of water, but not with all the clothes inside. Plan is to grab the BoB and water and scoot. When I get a chance, sort through the BoB and what I have on and make room for water in the BoB. Inappropriate or excess clothing will be abandoned.

#175784 - 07/08/09 10:39 AM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: Alan_Romania]
Lono Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pacific NW, USA
My clothing layout is similar to Alan Romania's - I'm often in my car, and find myself underdressed from time to time. In car I keep a pair of Mountain Hardwear zip off pants, a long sleeved thermal shirt, and a Marmot Precip Jacket (keep an eye out for annual clearance sales of last year's models, I picked up a family sized volume of Precips for $25 ea). And socks and an old pair of boots. Every BoB gets a wool or thermal watch cap, and work gloves etc. For winter I add a heavier duty rain gear top and bottom, wool sweater, rubber boots - suitable for standing in the rain for hours or filling sandbags, then getting hosed down after. And since spring I've kept a bag with reflective rain gear in it, top and bottom, as I've stood around more near enough traffic or besides rivers and would want to be seen, hopefully. Just prepare for your environment, the rest takes care of itself.

#175785 - 07/08/09 10:46 AM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: benjammin]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I keep the following in my BoB 24/7:

A complete set of BDU's
A windbreaker
Extra socks and underwear
Leather gloves

During the Winter months, I include cold weather clothing.

#175787 - 07/08/09 12:05 PM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: wildman800]
Tyber Offline
Sheriff
Enthusiast

Loc: ST. Paul MN
My BOB is setup for all weathers so it has everything from zip off pants to polarflece thermasl and Gortex. and for the record it also includes spare boots, and even gators. but I live in a regon that if you have to, "bug out" your gonna be in the extrem cold during the winter, or the extreem hot during the summer.

And yes my BOB is very big, but that is what is great about having a truck smile

#175789 - 07/08/09 12:15 PM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: Tyber]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Ditto. I keep a duffel bag in the back of the truck with cold weather clothes: wool long-underwear, wool socks, boots, parka, et al. The back of my truck serves as my BOB because I'm not walking out of SOCAL.

#175799 - 07/08/09 01:33 PM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: benjammin]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: benjammin
An extra set of clothes can be mighty handy. Mine has an extra set of high quality Underarmor skivvies(boxer-briefs) and tee, thorlon socks, HD synthetic cargo pants, web belt with friction lock buckle and waterproof silnylon anorak. Occasionally I will include either a wool watchcap or a Columbia Sports boonie hat. What's in your BoB?

Add a couple of shirts and a silnylon poncho in place of the anorak, and my Tilly hat and we are pretty darn close! smile Cooler weather has additional warm clothing. No cammo.

Edited by Stu (07/08/09 01:34 PM)

#175801 - 07/08/09 01:40 PM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: Alan_Romania]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
I have a set of golf rain pants in my BOB. There meant to be light weight and keep you dry. If it's warm, they usually are not too hot. But with a pair of long johns, also in my BOB, they can keep you warm in some cold weather. I generally like layering light layers together anyway to keep warm, and because it allows for flexibility. The golf pants work well as a shell layer.

#175811 - 07/08/09 03:20 PM Re: Does your BoB include clothing? [Re: benjammin]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

...Watchcap, work pants, jacket ( rain, fleece or full parka), spare shirt, work gloves, sunglasses.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 506 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.