The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#172995 - 05/09/09 07:58 PM Re: This is service [Re: SwampDonkey]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
I received a reply from Silva of Sweden concerning my 2 damaged Ranger 15T compasses.

In summary they do not repair 25 year old compasses and directed me to by a new one from Brunton?

Ken and Chris, do you think it is worth sending a repair letter to Brunton direct, I am confused which layer of the company actually does the Noirth American repairs?

Thanks,

Mike

#173005 - 05/09/09 09:42 PM Re: This is service [Re: SwampDonkey]
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
I would suggest you contact Brunton. They're e-mail address is on Brunton.com. If they say no too, well, at least you tried.

Ken

#173008 - 05/09/09 09:54 PM Re: This is service [Re: KenK]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Thanks Ken, I may just ship them and see what happens, I have nothing to lose?

Mike

#173015 - 05/09/09 10:52 PM Re: This is service [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
AMcIntosh Offline
Stranger

Loc: PNW
I have had similar experiences with REI. Great CS and stand behind what they sell.

#173023 - 05/10/09 01:09 AM Re: This is service [Re: SwampDonkey]
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
I may just ship them and see what happens, I have nothing to lose?

My advice is to contact them first. When I needed to return mine they gave me a return authorization number first.

I hope they say yes. The people I've dealt with - via e-mail - have been very helpful.

Ken

#173035 - 05/10/09 02:54 AM Re: This is service [Re: EdD270]
stormadvisor Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: EdD270
I'm not sure if this is a compass thread or a kudos to good service thread. Don't want to hijack it.
But, I have an old, original gerber multi-plier that over the years became loose, the spring don't snap, and finally the can opener broke. I sent it to Gerber, seeking repair of the can opener.
They sent me a nice letter with my multi-plier saying they no longer make that model and could not repair it. They also sent me a brand new latest design locking multi-plier! I'm impressed.

I had an original Gerber multi-plier as well. Mine wouldn't open because the allen screws fell out. I emailed them and they said to send it to them for repair. Instead of repair I was given a new Gerber multi-plier! I am happy with the service, and am not complaining, but I liked my old one better.

Can't change the weather. Might as well enjoy it.

#173036 - 05/10/09 02:56 AM Re: This is service [Re: stormadvisor]
stormadvisor Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio
I had a similar thing with MSR. My Whisperlight stove heat reflector was bad and I needed to replace it. I emailed them about where to buy one and they sent me a new one at no charge.

Can't change the weather. Might as well enjoy it.

#173102 - 05/11/09 04:26 AM Re: This is service [Re: stormadvisor]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
We just returned from the La Costa Spa and Resort. My girls were so excited to get to go to Legoland. Well, we figured Wednesday was the day since we had the most time on that day for them to linger and play. I purchased our tickets from the hotel concierge and caught a cab with the family. As we drove in, the cabbie said, "I am sooo sorry, but it looks like they are closed."

Great service #1, the cabbie stopped and called all around trying to find stuff for the kids to do and a place that we could go. Once we decided on the destination and were on our way, he called the hotel on his own to tell them that Legoland was closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and we were not able to go.

Great service #2, we went shopping instead. What do you expect? I was with my wife and two daughters. When we got back to the hotel, we found a note from the concierge apologizing for selling us the tickets and saying that we were credited for the cost of the tickets plus a hotel credit for the cost of the cab fare. We didn't tell them and I don't recall the cabbie telling them. And we had some cookies and milk on ice waiting for us when we got back.

Great service #3, one of the stores we went to was Borders. My daughter had finished reading all of the books she brought and wanted more books to read on the plane. When I travel, I empty out my wallet so I didn't bring my corporate card. The cashier took a bunch of time checking his system to find it so I could get a discount. I was fully expecting to pay full price since I left my card at home and was also glad there was no one waiting in line. Heck, he even wore an aloha shirt!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 454 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.