Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#169484 - 03/16/09 04:45 PM Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Apparently SW is having to close the doors on some 15 - 20 of it's stores due to the economic situation.

That's a good thing, at least in the notion that they are starting to blow out stock at at least a 10% discount. I was told they have unitl mid May. I grabbed some gear yesterday; everything but guns is going to be marked down. I suspect as time goes by the prices will continue to fall.

Sad that some will lose jobs, but that's business. We might as well enjoy the benefits while they last.

#169486 - 03/16/09 04:48 PM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: benjammin]
billym Offline
Addict

Loc: Oakland, California
This was inevitable. They were opening stores way too many too fast. Don't be surprised to see Gander have issues. They are barely alive and restructured a few times in the past years and have too many stores as well.
BPS and Cabelas will probably be OK.

#169489 - 03/16/09 05:10 PM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: billym]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Thanks for the heads up. There is one right down the road from me.

#169496 - 03/16/09 06:25 PM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: ]
Meadowlark Offline

Loc: Northern Colorado

Thanks for the tip! We had one go up in our area just last year....
My knapsack on my back

Current kits: http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=241840

#169502 - 03/16/09 07:31 PM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: Meadowlark]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
Strange company, they opened one up in Victorville CA last summer, it was open maybe 6 months, less I think, then they closed it with apparently very little notice.

It was in a shopping center along with the local Costco, plenty of parking, always a lot of traffic in and out. I found it by accident only because I don't live up there but was working nearby on a long term job.

Bought stuff there every time I drove thru town. Tried to stop on my way home only to find it shut down with dozens of empty trucks in the parking lot waiting to load everything up to take it to another location.

Given what it must have cost to open the place, I can see why they're in financial trouble.

JohnE

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#169528 - 03/17/09 02:26 AM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: ]
yeti Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: somewhere out there...
at:

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article/sportsmans_warehouse_closing_23_stores/C41/L41/

it says:

"These 23 stores are being liquidated: Aurora, CO, Coon Rapids, MN, DePere, WI, Henderson, NV, Lafayette, IN, Las Cruces, NM, Las Vegas, NV, Legacy, TX, Memphis, TN, Nampa, ID, New Berlin, WI, Oklahoma City, OK, Pittsburgh, PA, Pocatello, ID, Roanoke, VA, Rogers, AR, Round Rock, TX, St. Cloud, MN, Sioux Falls, SD, Southaven, MS, Visalia, CA, Wichita, KS and Woodbury, MN

These 15 stores are being sold to UFA: Bend, OR, Bozeman, MT, Burlington, WA, Coeur d’Alene, ID, Fargo, ND, Federal Way, WA, Helena, MT, Kennewick, WA, Lacey, WA, Missoula, MT, Portland, OR, Salem, OR, Silverdale, WA, Spokane, WA, and Vancouver, WA "

Edited by yeti (03/17/09 02:32 AM)

#169533 - 03/17/09 03:17 AM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: yeti]
kd7fqd Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Saratoga Springs,Utah,USA
The 4 stores in Utah will remain open according to the CEO Stuart Utgaard, I live in between the Midvale and Provo stores, St. George will work for people in Arizona and Southern California and Riverdale for Idaho and Southern Oregon (among others)

Mike

#169537 - 03/17/09 04:23 AM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: kd7fqd]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
I'm surprised that they're closing the Las Vegas store, I would think that they could compete with the Bass Pro Shop that is already there pretty well on prices.

I was shocked at how much a lot of the stuff at Bass Pro cost compared to some other outdoor retailers, guess they've got to pay for that indoor fish tank with something...

JohnE

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#169540 - 03/17/09 04:58 AM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: JohnE]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Sportsmans Warehouse has some of the best prices on stuff. It was actually cheaper than WalMart on an airgun I bought. Hard to believe. Luckily they are not closing down the store that's about five miles from me. My wife bought me a Brunton 8099 compass at our local S.W. that was cheaper than you find them online. Ammo is somewhat cheaper at WalMart though (if anyone could find ammo on the shelf anywhere these days!) S.W. has a decent selection of reasonable quality stuff usually. I like them better than our local Gander Mountain (Gander's prices are pretty high compared to S.W. usually)

#169543 - 03/17/09 06:39 AM Re: Sportsman's Warehouse Force Reduction [Re: haertig]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Blast, now your chance at the tarp you were looking at. Hopefully it is discounted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 353 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.