Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#165758 - 01/30/09 08:21 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombies... [Re: ironraven]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
First rule, you do not talk about Zombie Squad at Equipped.

*laughs* You, me, Blast, at least three more who use different names - how many of us cross posting?

Ironraven, Shhhhh! Don't ruin my reputation here as the smart, level-headed guy!

-Blast laugh
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#165761 - 01/30/09 08:36 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombies... [Re: JCWohlschlag]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
Originally Posted By: JCWohlschlag
Originally Posted By: James_Van_Artsdalen
No way did someone spend the time to "hack into the computer" without getting caught.

From what I have read, transportation workers rarely even put the control panel for those signs into a locked state to prevent these kinds of changes. Even when the transportation workers do lock the control panel (and I mean “lock” as in via the control panel software), the unlock passcode is probably Sharpied onto the inside of the case cover.

And all it would take is an orange vest and a hard hat and the passing motorists would ignore you.

These roadway sign changes have been a popular subject for Fark.com headlines for a while, from “UFO crossing ahead” posted probably a year ago to this “Zombies in area! Run” sign.

Even if they padlocked access to the panel if you ever spent any time on any construction site anywhere you would likely have a very good idea of where to reach for the spare key.

As for the hard hat and vest, the only people that might notice or care would be other construction workers or cops.

I think that the sign change was likely an end of last shift going away prank by a worker who was quitting.

#165762 - 01/30/09 08:51 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombie [Re: ironraven]
jamesraykenney Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Beaumont, TX USA
Originally Posted By: ironraven

*laughs* You, me, Blast, at least three more who use different names - how many of us cross posting?

I am over there with the same user name as here.

#165810 - 01/31/09 04:18 AM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombie [Re: jamesraykenney]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
Originally Posted By: jamesraykenney
Originally Posted By: ironraven

I am over there with the same user name as here.

As am I, although I do far less posting there, usually because someone has already posted what I would have wanted to say by the time I read a thread.

#165864 - 01/31/09 05:24 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombie [Re: JCWohlschlag]
MrEarp Offline
Stranger

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
Just thought I'd poke in and throw some more ZS love into the mix!

#165877 - 01/31/09 08:54 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombie [Re: MrEarp]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

AHHHH, A Zombie Squad Run!!!

I wonder how many of these sites are all the same group of people now?

#165977 - 02/01/09 10:06 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombies... [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
You use a picture of you and DD1 as your icon over there- can't cover that one up for you. *laughs*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#166113 - 02/02/09 08:09 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombies... [Re: ironraven]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
You use a picture of you and DD1 as your icon over there- can't cover that one up for you. *laughs*

Hey, that's a wonderful picture! Her in her fairy princess garb, me wearing blood-splattered hazmat gear... It's almost Norman Rockwellian!

-Blast, who really hasn't added anything productive to this formun in like 100 posts or more.
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#166115 - 02/02/09 08:16 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombies... [Re: Blast]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

I don't know about that nonproductive Blast fellah.
He sure does have a good site about plants.

#166198 - 02/03/09 12:34 PM Re: I know we're not supposed to talk about zombies... [Re: scafool]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Originally Posted By: scafool
I don't know about that nonproductive Blast fellah.
He sure does have a good site about plants.

Ask him about cat bites. He is an expert on them as well!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.