Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#164545 - 01/22/09 11:58 PM Re: Small folder/multitool [Re: ]
Stoney Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: Stoney
I love leatherman's knives too, unfortunately blade launcher makes them illegal to carry here in michigan which severely limits my choices.

Take out the blade launcher then, Bro. Just be sure to superglue down the pocketclip once you put everything back together or else it'll wiggle forever. S'what I did.

Thanks for the tip man, I tried that on one of leatherman's newer knives, the c33T, thinking that since the pocket clip was attached separately it would work real good. Unfortunately i was not able to get the knife back together again without the blade wobbling side to side. No amount of tighting would correct this, so I put it all back the way it was. Did you have any wobble to the blade with your custom job or was it just the clip? Or did i just completely read your post wrong?

#164566 - 01/23/09 01:31 AM Re: Small folder/multitool [Re: ]
Stoney Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Michigan
Quote:

Here in Florida the launchers are legal, or I assume they are if they sell them in Wal-Mart. Taking out the launcher in the original line of knives and the clip leads to wobble. The original knives were made of weak enough zytel (Glass filled nylon) that you could get away with removing one, but not the other.

Yeah, you'd think so but the knives are most definitely illegal here in Michigan and you can buy them at Bass Pro Shop, Target, Meijer's, Wal-Mart and most hardware stores! We're just a bunch of law breaking thugs up here in Michigan, but when I emailed the Michigan state police regarding knife laws they sent me links to Michigan Compiled Laws that unbelievably even covered knives made from stone! Which are quite legal at any length, but the blade on my leatherman fuse that justs makes it over 3 inches in length will land me a felony if i'm caught with it after shoplifting a candy bar.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent and for all the help.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Eugene, Jeanette_Isabelle), 234 Guests and 114 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.