Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#164213 - 01/21/09 06:30 PM Are you REALLY prepared
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
Hi Gang,
You might have noticed that I haven't been around for a bit over 2 weeks. The short story - on the morning of Jan 5, I went to the hospital with incredible pain in my abdomen - it had started a couple of days before as pain around the back, just like a kidney stone, and I had an appointment with a Urologist for the afternoon of 1/5 - I never made that apointment

Turns out I had Pancratitus secondary to hypertriglyceredemia

Big words for my triglyceride levels went crazy, and messed up my pancreus

I'm doing somewhat OK, but the incident turned me into a type 1 diabetic (oh joy)

Thing is - my wife got a phone call from sprint, and she could not access my account because she didn't have the password - it was a work account billed to me, then the company pays back - never thought of writing down that PIN for her

How about all your bank accounts - does your next of kin know where to find everything? All the Passwords? Etc? Do they know online friends who should be contacted?

The was a short period of time where the MDs were really worried - the blood chemistry changes were messing with my heart

I'm back at home (have not yet gone back to work - don't feel up to it yet)

I can think of better ways to spend 14 days than in the hospital

BTW, when you MD sends you for a blood test in late November and he says "the results are all wierd, like you didn't fast" - when he says "we'll redo the test when you see me right after Christmas" - don't wait - have the test redone. I got the script to do the test Christmas week, and was going to go to the lab on the 9th

And a 2nd "your joking" - they are worried about my blood chemistry - so they are drawing labs ever 4 hours - 3 tubes of blood each time. Then after like 4 days of this (and being NPO) they say "we're a bit worried - your hemoglobin is going down" - my reply - I was NPO for 3 days, you put me on clear liquids today - you've taken 3oz/blood every 4 hours for 4 days - don't you think the hemoglobin will go down?
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#164215 - 01/21/09 06:40 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: KG2V]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
hey man, tough road you've been on this year.

Great topic, though its unfortunate to came to think of it based on what you just went through.

For me, I don't think my wife knows every place I have money or information, and vice versa, but we are pretty open and co-sign things together.

#164228 - 01/21/09 07:10 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: comms]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Great point. I do all the finances for the house. I had actually created a file for my wife that includes all the information for the accounts that I manage.

God forbid something happens to me, but she will be able to access everything...

#164240 - 01/21/09 07:50 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: KG2V]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I am glad to hear that you are recovering. Yes, your absence had been noticed by a few of us and we were "hoping" that a medical problem was what you were dealing with.

The issue of accounts has come up back in October when my DW had surgery. She showed me where the account info is written down.

May God help me if anything happens to that wonderful lady that I am blessed to be able to refer to as my "DW"!!!!!!

#164242 - 01/21/09 08:04 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: KG2V]
rescueguru Offline
Wanderer

Loc: Southeastern USA
KG2V, Glad to hear you're recovering from the problem. Hope you will be able to return to work soon. If I were you, I'd consider changing physicians. Sounds to me like this guy isn't thinking straight. If they noticed abnormal blood values in November and chose not to address the issue until late December something in his thought process is skewed. Maybe it's just me, but, I am used to aggressive doctors who would have immediately investigated the first findings. Bset wishes for a speedy recovery. smile

#164267 - 01/21/09 10:18 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: KG2V]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Suddenly my MRSA scare pales in comparison. Glad to hear everything is "better?".

Take a look at the pump for long term. I have heard it called the "smart pump". I guess it takes a lot of the work load off of the user.

RIP OBG

#164280 - 01/21/09 11:21 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: rescueguru]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Yeah - this is the 2nd time he did something that messed me up - I think it's that he's not agressive because of my weight

#164284 - 01/21/09 11:34 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: KG2V]
rescueguru Offline
Wanderer

Loc: Southeastern USA
What the H@%* does your weight have to do with it?? Sounds like you need a doctor and a lawyer.

#164285 - 01/21/09 11:49 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: rescueguru]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Originally Posted By: rescueguru
What the H@%* does your weight have to do with it?? Sounds like you need a doctor and a lawyer.

Weight or wait??????

As in he asked you to wait and it caused a problem.

If it is because of your weight, and you are heavy like me, might I suggest falling on him. Then getting a doctor and a lawyer as suggested above.

Last time one of my son's friends made a weight comment, I introduced him to pain and compliance and then sat on him.

Edited by Desperado (01/22/09 01:27 AM)

RIP OBG

#164287 - 01/21/09 11:55 PM Re: Are you REALLY prepared [Re: Desperado]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

I sometimes think he takes a wait and see - and is nit agressive, becuse of my weight - not sure, not proveable

Basically, my Nov blood test looked exactly like I had not fasted, so he blew it off - I saw him Dec 23rd, and had the new order for the blood test, and I was going to get there Sat, what, the 9th, based upon my schedule

I'm researching new MDs as we speak

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 415 Guests and 92 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.