Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#162868 - 01/13/09 02:54 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: airballrad]
Grouch Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Given the folks involved in design, testing and production, these items look very promising. Just when I think I'm appropriately geared up... wink

#162870 - 01/13/09 02:56 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Doug,
When do you expect the RSK Mk5 will be available? Aeromedix?

#162872 - 01/13/09 03:02 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Russ]
7point82 Offline
Addict

Loc: Orange Beach, AL
Originally Posted By: Russ
Doug,

Unless Doug has updated info, the web page indicates...

"MSRP for the RSK Mk5™ is $26.99.

The RSK Mk5™ is the first of my knives that is distributed through normal channels. You should be able to get it from any CRKT dealer. I'll post a note here as soon as they start shipping, expected to be in March, 2009."

Doug,
Do keep us updated regarding availability. I'd like to pick up a fist full of the lights and a couple of the knives myself.

#162874 - 01/13/09 03:09 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: 7point82]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
I would as well. I have a question on the knife though: I have a neck lanyard that has a few essential items on it. I am cinsidering adding this knife + sheath to it, as I have a ferro rod on there right now. My question is, is there enough carbon steel in the knife to facilitate using it with the ferro rod? If so, great. If not, I may have to consider whether I want to carry one or not (I have the RSK Mk whatever version, the smaller folder). It would only serve one purpose, and, again, I carry two knives currently everywhere, so, I am not sure that this would be a PRACTICAL decision for me.
The light I am sold on!

#162876 - 01/13/09 03:23 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: oldsoldier]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: oldsoldier
I would as well. I have a question on the knife though: I have a neck lanyard that has a few essential items on it. I am cinsidering adding this knife + sheath to it, as I have a ferro rod on there right now. My question is, is there enough carbon steel in the knife to facilitate using it with the ferro rod? If so, great.

There is no need whatsoever for any carbon in a blade to work with a ferro rod. All a ferro rod requires is a sharp edge. A broken piece of glass will work just fine. Real flint, does require a high carbon, non-stainless steel blade or striker. Totally different
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#162878 - 01/13/09 03:26 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Russ]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Russ
Doug,

What 7point82 said...
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#162883 - 01/13/09 03:54 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Doug_Ritter]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Thanks Doug. Oddly, I wasnt aware of that (or may have forgotten). Thank you for the quick response!

#162912 - 01/13/09 05:40 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: oldsoldier]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Very nice. I already have Doug's Photon in my PSK so I'm definitely interested in the knife. Then again, would be nice to toss that light onto my keychain.

#162923 - 01/13/09 06:28 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Doug_Ritter]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Doug,

Congratulations on once more taking the time and effort to design and then pursue the production of items that are of true quality and value. I know that when I purchase any item with which you have been involved, much thought went into the design, materials, fabrication and distribution and I can place my entire trust in the item for my possible survival. I look forward to supporting ETS through the purchase of a number of these and hopefully many other items to come.

Pete

#162926 - 01/13/09 06:33 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: paramedicpete]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: paramedicpete
Doug,

Congratulations on once more taking the time and effort to design and then pursue the production of items that are of true quality and value. I know that when I purchase any item with which you have been involved, much thought went into the design, materials, fabrication and distribution and I can place my entire trust in the item for my possible survival. I look forward to supporting ETS through the purchase of a number of these and hopefully many other items to come.

Pete

Well Said

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 246 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.