The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#163367 - 01/16/09 02:13 AM Re: Just to rub it in, [Re: OldBaldGuy]
RayW Offline
Addict

Loc: Orlando, FL
Played hooky from work today and went to the shot show. Even managed to score a Doug Ritter EGear flashlight. Nice little light, very bright.

Seemed to be a good turnout for this show, traffic jams and parking lots filling up early. Had to park at the other side of the convention center, there just happened to be a surf expo going on over there. Almost didn't make it to the shot show with the distraction of the bikini models at the surf expo, sorry Blast i didn't have my camera.

Lots of cool things to drool over and spend your lunch money on at the shot show. And there is no way to see it all in a day. Can't wait to see Doug's review, and if his review is late he might still be at the surf expo.

#163512 - 01/17/09 12:12 AM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: RayW]
RayW Offline
Addict

Left work early just to go back to the shot show for a couple of hours today and i had the privilege of meeting Doug Ritter. Was able to chat with Mr. Ritter for a little while even with his busy schedule and during the conversation i was allowed to see the prototype of the new Doug Ritter PSP. Now i was sworn to secrecy about the all of the changes to the new PSP but i don't believe that i will get into trouble for mentioning that there are a couple of things added to the kit that are listed at the beginning of this thread. Start saving your money now so that you can buy one of the new and improved PSP's later this year. Thanks for sharing Doug, it's a cool kit. Will be buying at least one for myself.

Also met another forum member Mike Merryman from LifeViewOutdoors. Mike has a retail personality, by that i mean a nice guy with a great deal of product knowledge. I think that we need to encourage Mike to post here a little more often and share some of his knowledge with the rest of us.

#163517 - 01/17/09 12:31 AM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: RayW]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
No, rubbing it in is your little brother calling you on his cell from the floor of the SHOT Show....

I've got some special baby pictures that are just going to have to go online.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#163757 - 01/18/09 10:47 PM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: ]
el_diabl0 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NE Ohio
Do the lights come in any other color than blue? Didn't see it mentioned. I'll get one because of the size, but it's going to be tough to beat my Streamlight Key Mate. That's one tough little key light.

How does the clip hold up?

#163764 - 01/19/09 12:02 AM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: el_diabl0]
RayW Offline
Addict

I asked and currently blue is the only color, next production run there is supposed to be more than one color. The clip is all metal, not plastic. Looking at it the little key ring between the light and the clip would most likely let go first, but that would take quite a bit of force.

Looking at the Streamlight site the clip looks to be very similar. It's a little hard to tell what size the clip is, but the clip is the same size as the one on a Streamlight Nano. Managed to pick up one of those too at the show.

#163983 - 01/20/09 03:53 PM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: el_diabl0]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: el_diabl0
Do the lights come in any other color than blue? Didn't see it mentioned. I'll get one because of the size, but it's going to be tough to beat my Streamlight Key Mate. That's one tough little key light.

How does the clip hold up?

They will be available in multiple colors, though which ones and when I am not sure. That depends on what retailers and such want. We already have orders for the original blue, silver, black, and pink. And likely, eventually, in a Type III hard anodized "tactical" version.

The clip is the same as used by Streamlight on their Nano. Sorta funny. We gave the manufacturer some basic specs as to size and such and they ended up sending us that clip, which works. Small world over there in China. <g> Pretty decent quality, all things considered.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#163984 - 01/20/09 03:56 PM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
I'm sooooooo anxious to see the new PSP!

Edited by Mike_H (01/20/09 03:56 PM)

#163986 - 01/20/09 04:00 PM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: Mike_H]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Mike_H
I'm sooooooo anxious to see the new PSP!

Patience, my friend, patience....
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#163987 - 01/20/09 04:05 PM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Doug,

BTW, do you have a PDF of the instructions for fitting the PSP into an Altoid tin?

I see pictures of the thread taken off the bobbin and the duct tape flattened out.

I'm curious as I never seem to get the kit to fit properly for me.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

#163989 - 01/20/09 04:20 PM Re: Just to really rub it in, [Re: Mike_H]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Mike_H
Doug,

BTW, do you have a PDF of the instructions for fitting the PSP into an Altoid tin?

I see pictures of the thread taken off the bobbin and the duct tape flattened out.

I'm curious as I never seem to get the kit to fit properly for me.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Not all the stuff fits, but most of it does. There are no instructions, per se, just a list of suggested items, along with a suggestion that the easiest way to get all these for a reasonable price is to buy a PSP. <g> The duct tape and thread are the two that definitely have to be re-done, as shown. BTW, may well be able to do more with it, I threw that all together in literally 3/4 hour. Not much time to experiment or get very creative. I may try to do some more detailed stuff down the road when/if I have time. Or, perhaps we could make that a challenge at PWYP. <shrug>
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 474 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.