Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#163050 - 01/14/09 03:59 AM Re: I just quit the fire company [Re: Mike_H]
Comanche7 Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Martin,

Been reading and enjoying your posts,thoughts & comments for several years now. You may well find in retrospect that you simply made and initiated a news years resolution about a day or so early.

Don't beat yourself up about it. I suspect that your subconcious has been working on this for a while even though your concious mind may have been working to overcome the idea of leaving your friends and community. Leaving has most likely reduced your overall stress level and possibly prevented other stress related conditions. Go with the flow, follow your gut and things will work out for the best.

And Thank You for all that you've done for your community and ETS.

Regards,
Comanche7

#163060 - 01/14/09 05:14 AM Re: I just quit the fire company [Re: Comanche7]
epirider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wyoming, USA
Martin,

I too left the Fire Dept. under less then perfect conditions. I was a Lt. and a female firefighter approached me saying that she and another female had been placed in "uncomfortable sexual situations" with another firefighter. I spoke with this male and he said they (the females) were making a big deal out of nothing. I did not have the authority to do much else so I took it to the Chief. He said "M. is just that way... I dont want to loose him because two chicks are to delicate for the job." I turned in my gear, my badge and my pager that evening. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.

Principle and standards are something that you have to stand by otherwise it gets lowered and then everything gets lowered. I respect what you did and trust me, there is a special place in Heaven for firefighters - past, present and future.

BTW - The two females filed a sexual harassment / hostile work environment suit on the dept. I gave a deposition and was cleared of any liable or negligence. I cant go back as I left on very bad terms, I miss it, but again I can look myself in the mirror and know that I did what I could and got out because it was not good. Hang tough brother.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 389 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.