Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#162928 - 01/13/09 06:38 PM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: paramedicpete]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I'm surprised,,,,you didn't get married on August 4th???

That's the USCG's birthday,,,,,being married then has gotten me out of 21 USCG BIRTHDAY PICNICs!!!

#162931 - 01/13/09 06:48 PM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: wildman800]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Congrats!!!

#162934 - 01/13/09 07:07 PM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: wildman800]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
I will have to remind my son-in-law to invite me to the party grin.

I am trying to get number 2 daughter interested in dating his buddy, so maybe someday I could get 2 invites wink.

Pete

#162937 - 01/13/09 07:22 PM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: paramedicpete]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I'm not so anxious about having my daughters marry. The older one is 24 and working on her masters degree, and I would prefer she establish herself in a career path first and make some of that investment pay off. The younger one is only 19, and just learning to stretch her legs a bit, so she's got a long way to go before she thinks about any sort of serious relationship commitment. I was 26 before I got hitched, but I'd been on my own almost a decade by then and providing for myself, so I was ready. I don't understand why some cultures push children to get hitched up at such a young age. They give them no time to be their own person, and from what I've seen it is a recipe for disaster. What the heck is a quinceanera all about anyways, other than to let the world know that a 15 year old girl has come of age???

Excuse me, rant mode off. Congrats on making it together for a decade or more. I hope the next 10 are even better for ya. I know my second ten were.

#162942 - 01/13/09 07:48 PM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: benjammin]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
My oldest finished college and then got married 2 years ago when she was 25. I could not be prouder of my son-in-law or love him more if he were my very own son. I don’t always agree with his opinion, but I respect the commitment he has made in service for his country (just got his promotion to MKI) and the commitment to my daughter.

My number 2 is now 25 and would benefit having a partner-in-crime with which to share life’s challenges. She finished college, but is semi-lost in life.

Number 3, now 15 is whole different story. Surviving her growing up is going to be quite a challenge.

It is funny how different kids can be. The oldest and youngest are very self-assured, full of self-confidence; the middle one lacks any degree of self-confidence and is sort of wandering though life right now. Really good kid, never gave us any problems, but lacks any sense of direction.

Pete

#163000 - 01/14/09 12:11 AM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: aloha]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: aloha
I feel blessed and wealthy beyond measure to have a great wife and wonderful (even when they are naughty) children!

Congrats aloha (and Mrs aloha)!!

Getting married and having a daughter were the best things I ever did....

#163082 - 01/14/09 01:39 PM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: samhain]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

It is amazing, the first time I looked into the eyes of my newborn baby girl, how much my life changed in that one moment.

When I ask my girls today about finding a mate, they tell me they are holding out till they find someone that reminds them more of me. Best compliment I ever got.

#163096 - 01/14/09 03:09 PM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers [Re: ]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Could be. Sometimes I wonder how I been so lucky not to be incarcerated or on a slab. Must be them angels taking the hit for me.

#163242 - 01/15/09 08:52 AM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th annivers [Re: benjammin]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Thanks again everyone. Interesting reading about your experiences.

#163243 - 01/15/09 08:53 AM Re: Missus and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! [Re: paramedicpete]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Originally Posted By: paramedicpete
Aloha – Congratulations

Warning, the following may be too sappy for some:

All I can say is my wife and I will hit 30 years this coming August. I love her as much, if not more than the day we married. We are in a rather unique position, in that we also work together in the same lab and have done so for over 30 years. So we are together almost 24/7. Although I direct her work, for obvious reason I do not rate her job performance. We try and leave work at work and home at home, doesn’t always work, but we try.

Our marriage is partnership, both of us have to give and take at times, we clearly do not see eye-to-eye on many things and argue/bicker enough, that if you did not know us, you might think we were mad at each other. Nothing could be further from the truth (although we usually have one drag-down-name calling fight per year, mostly to decompress) we are firmly committed to one another and God willing plan on growing old together. If our religious philosophy has any validity, we will have forged a union that will succeed this earthly realm. I view our relationship as two wings of the same bird, both must be strong, united and although our roles may be slightly different, both are required for the bird to fly.

Pete

Congratulations Sappy, er, Paramedic Pete! 30 years is awesome!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.