Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#162704 - 01/12/09 10:12 PM NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Just a heads up that I'll be introducing two new pieces of Doug Ritter Gear at Shot Show.:

Essential Gear eGear PICO™ Lite: www.equipped.org/PICOlite.htm

RSK Mk5™ by Columbia River Knife & Tool: www.equipped.org/rsk_mk5.htm

Thanks to all who helped out by helping test this new gear and for all of your support. More stuff on the way...
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#162713 - 01/12/09 11:15 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: ]
clearwater Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Channeled Scablands
How would that little knife work as a skinner?

#162715 - 01/12/09 11:21 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: clearwater]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
The knife I like. I have to ask, if anyone has used the light, how does it compare to the Streamlight nano? I've been EDC'ing it for a while, love it! I can see getting this one too... even if there aren't many differences!

BTW, I know that the button batteries can be had at certain websites for uber-cheap... $5-10 for 100.

#162717 - 01/12/09 11:24 PM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
This equipment looks good.

I can't wait to see the "pumped up version of the Pocket Survival Pack".

#162732 - 01/13/09 12:19 AM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Nicodemus]
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
Oh man Doug, I read the Mk5's description with a slowly growing dread of seeing what the price was ... and then I was delighted when I finally saw it. Awesome!!

I may actually need to buy two - one for the kit and one for playing with.

Unfortunately a custom heavier-duty sheath will probably cost more than the Mk5.

About the LED light ... very nice. Another surprizingly low cost. Next you'll be inventing a tiny lithium battery that simply doesn't yet exist. I can see it now.

Ken

#162733 - 01/13/09 12:22 AM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: KenK]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: KenK
About the LED light ... very nice. Another surprizingly low cost. Next you'll be inventing a tiny lithium battery that simply doesn't yet exist. I can see it now.

Thanks. What's holding us up is the minimum quantities. Think 6 figures! But, who knows? Amazing what turns up when you least expect it...
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#162735 - 01/13/09 12:34 AM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: ]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: MDinana

I had the pleasure of testing out the light these past months. I've used and abused two thoroughly. Both lights are very similar. They're about the same, but I would probably rate Doug's as being a little more thought out. There's a few small details that set it aside from the Nano Streamlight. Namely the gasket inside providing weatherproofing.

Lucky! How'd you pull that off?

Thanks for the quick reply. Can't wait to see these on the market, might have to buy of couple of the knives and at least one light (looks like it'll clip on the stethoscope, a big minus of the Nano!). Maybe 2, since my GF was looking for something similar too. In fact, that knife might also fit on the stethoscope... whistleOK, I'm joking on that last part (even though my hospital IS in a tough neighborhood)!

Edit: Out of curiousity, how much are these new items going to affect the price of the PSP?

Edited by MDinana (01/13/09 12:42 AM)

#162738 - 01/13/09 12:38 AM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
I'm not a fan of those batteries, but for that price point I will try it out.

#162746 - 01/13/09 01:00 AM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Doug_Ritter]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
Congratulations, Doug! I have been a bit anxious to see what was up your sleeve since I listened to the secretive mention of the new stuff on the WoodsMonkey.com podcast. (Thank you, KenK, for posting that.) Both products look awesome. The knife is especially nice to see, as it will work much better in a pocket-sized kit than those scalpel blades!

#162747 - 01/13/09 01:01 AM Re: NEW Doug Ritter Gear at SHOT Show [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
Thanks to all who helped out by helping test this new gear and for all of your support.

It was fun. The light is really amazing... Now that they are commercially available I'm tempted to start hitting my test light with bigger and bigger sticks just to see how durable it is. Repeated droppings on tile and concrete did nothing to it even though it was attached to my excessively populated keychain.

-Blast, who is hoping to next test the new "Doug Ritter Survival Ferrari"!
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 453 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.