Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#161866 - 01/08/09 03:26 AM Good Comedy
dropout Offline

Maybe this is an old one but i'm young so it's new to me.

"My memories of BCT at Ft. Benning | Drill Sgt (E-7) Joe B. Frick
RULES FOR A GUN, KNIFE, BASEBALL BAT OR FIST FIGHT
1. Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap – life is expensive. If you shoot inside, buckshot is your friend. A new wall is cheap – funerals are expensive
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker and go to cover. Distance is your friend. (Bulletproof cover and diagonal or lateral movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi or full-automatic long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running. Yell "Fire!" Why "Fire"? Cops will come with the Fire Department, sirens often scare off the bad guys, or at least cause then to lose concentration and will…. and who is going to summon help if you yell "Intruder," "Glock" or "Winchester?"
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work. "No battle plan ever survives 10 seconds past first contact with an enemy."
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible, but remember, sheetrock walls and the like stop nothing but your pulse when bullets tear through them.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees. Practice reloading one-handed and off-hand shooting. That's how you live if hit in your "good" side.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)
19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.
22. Be courteous to everyone, overly friendly to no one.
23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than "4".
25. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket.." At a practice session, throw you gun into the mud, then make sure it still works. You can clean it later.
26. Practice shooting in the dark, with someone shouting at you, when out of breath, etc.
27. Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature.
28. The only thing you EVER say afterwards is, "He said he was going to kill me. I believed him.
I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm very upset now. I can't say anything more. Please speak with my attorney."
Finally, Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.

* 1: Never be unarmed."

Edited by dropout (01/08/09 03:27 AM)

#162076 - 01/09/09 05:43 AM Re: Good Comedy [Re: dropout]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I like it.

Sue

#162116 - 01/09/09 03:30 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: Susan]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
I agree with Sue.

I smiled when I read it because it was new to me too.
Then I copied it as a file.

#162175 - 01/09/09 07:57 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: scafool]
dropout Offline

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you. LOL

#162178 - 01/09/09 08:25 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: dropout]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
Originally Posted By: dropout

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible, but remember, sheetrock walls and the like stop nothing but your pulse when bullets tear through them.

Yep. "Cover" and "concealment" are entirely different things. It is important to know the differences, because there are no real similarities.

One of my favorite rules is expressed as "1*" as in "you only have one asterisk." Say it out loud a few times if the meaning is not apparent.

Jeff

#162185 - 01/09/09 09:34 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: ]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
I live by Fricks first rule!

#162190 - 01/09/09 09:49 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: oldsoldier]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
I always liked my old professor's rule about how to tell if you didn't follow an important rule:

"We'll know when you've made a really big mistake, because we'll start using your death as an example to the other students..."

That was when we were studying high voltage transformers in an electrical engineering lab many moons ago.

- Ron

#162194 - 01/09/09 10:14 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: dropout]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Everyone, other than the military, maybe, needs to read and heed #28.

Everyone should also practice #26. A LOT! When we carried wheelguns and speed loaders, I loaded myself a bunch of dummy ammo, then (after locking every round of live ammo in the place up), I would run around my apartment, with most of the lights off, clicking away (I did the clicking with an empty chamber just in case) at lamps, pillows, etc, then reload by feel only while moving. Over and over and over...

#162197 - 01/09/09 10:45 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Previously, when I shot PPC with a revolver, I practiced reloading with true wad cutters. If you can speed load what is almost like speed loading with empties, everything else is down hill from there.

RIP OBG

#162199 - 01/09/09 11:03 PM Re: Good Comedy [Re: Desperado]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Yup. When I first started with the CHP we they issued 158gr round nosed lead +P+ .38spl (great for drilling a little hole thru bad guys, doing almost nothing unless you lucked out and hit something really vital). You could carry anything you wanted, .38spl or .357mag, as long as it was NOT hollowpoint. We shot monthly with match wadcutters, and as you say, if you can speedload them, you can speedload anything. To end this little jaunt down history lane, we only had to shoot what we carried once a year, and it was not a scored shoot. Great thinking, huh, practice with a pop gun load, then when it counts you get a real surprise when that hot mag load goes off. 'Specially in the dark. A number of years later that changed, a lot...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 390 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.