The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#161610 - 01/06/09 05:19 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
It's easy to trust a man who is obviously a true gentleman,,,,,,,,,,,ans a better man than I am!

#161612 - 01/06/09 05:21 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Right is right, wrong is wrong. In this case, you were right, he was wrong...

#161619 - 01/06/09 06:06 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Doug, you have proven to be a man of humility and honor for many years. Not just on the forum but your selfless pursuit of rigorous honesty in the preparedness community, (your pursuit of honesty with the SPOT system comes to mind), and documentation of SHOT shows, often on your own dime.

For years I only read off your main page and never joined the forum. This side only validates that side.

#161625 - 01/06/09 06:25 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: comms]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I declined to engage in the discussion because no one was going to convince the OP that he was wrong, and he was going to convince no one here that he was right. His perspective of reality, based on the only threads he started or responded to, was so obviously skewed that there was no hope of meaningful communication with him. Why waste time and effort and frustration trying to argue with a stump?

Everyone who uses this forum even a modicum must realize Doug, ETS, and Aeromedix all have integrity. Their word is solid, their reputation reliable, and their dealings more than fair. Obviously the OP was not interested in getting what he paid for, he used what would be an easily correctible situation to make himself seem important and authoritative at someone else's expense. His other threads bear evidence that he has little respect for the rights of others if they should interfere with his own wants and needs.

He'll get no further response from me. If he's gone, good riddance. If not, let us hope he learned something from this exchange, though that at this point that seems unlikely.

In other words, don't come into someone else's yard and cop a squat unless you expect to get a bb in the left cheek.

#161628 - 01/06/09 06:51 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: benjammin]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This whole thread reminds my of this attempt to buy a Fish License from the post office. laugh

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (01/06/09 06:56 PM)

#161648 - 01/06/09 09:17 PM Re: Update - He's returning his knife [Re: username_5]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Just got an email from Elliot at Aeromedix.com. Seems he was just now contacted to return the knife. Just posting to be sure we keep the record and timelines straight. smile
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#161654 - 01/06/09 09:34 PM Re: Update - He's returning his knife [Re: Doug_Ritter]
leemann Offline
Soylent Green
Addict

Loc: At the soylent green plant.
Agreed thanks Doug.

Lee
http://datacore.sciflicks.com/soylent_green/sounds/soylent_green_people.wav
RIP OBG

#161663 - 01/06/09 11:18 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
We got your back, Doug.

Back? *snorts* Doug's got a detail in waiting here.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#162288 - 01/10/09 03:31 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: benjammin]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted By: benjammin
His perspective of reality, based on the only threads he started or responded to, was so obviously skewed that there was no hope of meaningful communication with him.
That was part of the interest for me. It seemed to me that he wasn't a troll, but someone with a genuine grievance - and that he's now contacted Aeromedix confirms this. He'd flipped into a state of mind that made it hard to get through to him, but I felt I had an angle that was worth a try.

Quote:
Everyone who uses this forum even a modicum must realize Doug, ETS, and Aeromedix all have integrity.
Yes, but the poster didn't realise that. Instead he thought Doug was a rip-off merchant and that the people supporting him were fan-boys. He wasn't going to accept what he saw as shoddy products and service. In some ways his stance was admirable, if inappropriate here. There are some shady dealers online, and it's a public service to call them out. (I'm a British person, and over here we hardly ever complain about anything - at least, not to someone who could fix it. That's not really a survival trait.)

I hope he comes back because I think he could be a worthy and valued member of the community, once these little misunderstandings are past.

#162291 - 01/10/09 03:42 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Brangdon]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
Sorry Brangdon, but I strongly disagree! signed P.P.o.W.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.