The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#161095 - 01/03/09 04:18 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
As an alternative to contacting the company you purchased the knife from, i.e., not ETS, have you thought about just tightening the pivot screw? That usually does a pretty good job of removing any unwanted side play.

Editted to add: I see Brangdon suggested the same thing in the post directly above mine. I skipped reading all of the replies for reasons which many understand, I am sure, so I did not see it before my post. Got to give credit where credit is due.

#161103 - 01/03/09 04:44 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
You kind sir are in need of an enema, as that could be the only explanation for your behavior. Stop acting like a constipated little infant and please go camping. Long walks, short cliffs, it will do wonders for you.

RIP OBG

#161106 - 01/03/09 05:16 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
Sherpadog
Unregistered

Please do not feed this troll. He also trolls with the same SOP on other websites and forums .

It would be nice to see him banned from here.

Edited by Sherpadog (01/03/09 05:38 PM)
Edit Reason: added link

#161107 - 01/03/09 05:23 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: ]
stevenpd Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By: Sherpadog
Please do not feed this troll. He also trolls with the same SOP on other websites and forums.

It would be nice to see him banned from here.

I concur.

#161112 - 01/03/09 05:38 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: username_5
I recently paid over $100 for a Ritter RSK1 and it has a huge amount of blade play from side to side. I want a refund with return of the crappy item.

I have tried every link on this site I can find none that seem to work. How do I get a refund for an inferior product?

David,

I am somewhat confused by your posts in this thread and the other threads over in Blade Forums and Knife Forums, considering your earlier compliments about the RSK Mk1 in a thread on Knife Forums where you said, among other compliments, "I own the full sized Ritter SK1 (sic) and it is an impressive knife."

In any case, to set the record straight, neither I nor ETS sell the knives. I am simply the designer and ETS Foundation simply receives a royalty that helps support the ETS Website and the work of the Foundation. Mind you, every page on ETS has a link to my ETS email address and I am pretty sure the links are working as nobody else seems to be having any difficulty contacting me about your posts. These knives are sold by Aeromedix.com, the exclusive retailer of the RSK Mk1 and the company from whom you purchased the knife (assuming you bought it new).

As such, any request for a refund must be made to Aeromedix.com. You can contact Aeromedix.com customer service via their Returns page: www.aeromedix.com/info-exec/display/returns/ . Aeromedix.com has a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy, one of the very best in the business. That is one of the reasons that they are my exclusive retailer, their excellent customer is simply the best. So, whether your knife is defective, or you've simply decided it isn't right for you, they will take it back.

All you need to do is click on the Customer Service Returns link which is on every page of the Aeromedix.com site or call their toll-free number: 888-362-7123. Admittedly, you might get the answering service at 3:05 AM in the morning on a Saturday, which is apparently when you decided to initiate this unwarranted attack, and an email or the phone call might not be responded to until normal business hours, but they would certainly take care of you. Alternatively, the RSK Mk1 is backed by Benchmade's excellent Lifetime Warranty: www.benchmade.com/about_knives/warranty.asp and they would be happy to fix the knife, assuming it is defective.

Of course, it may also be that you can simply adjust the pivot screw yourself if your RSK Mk1 has unacceptable blade play. One advantage of the superior RSK Mk1 (Griptilian) design is that with the bronze pivot washers and adjustable pivot, the tension can be adjusted to suit each owner's individual taste or needs. Some like it looser, some tighter. Plus, it allows for adjustment for wear that can occur over time and much use. All that takes is a readily available Torx driver.

I hope that this answers your concerns. Benchmade and Aeromedix.com stand behind my RSK Mk1 knives 100%.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#161127 - 01/03/09 07:26 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
All that takes is a readily available Torx driver.

If it helps, the pivot screw uses a Torx #T10 and the clip uses a Torx #T6.

Also, if you've had the knife for more than 30 days - beyond Aeromedix's return policy, here is a link to how to utilize Benchmade's lifetime warranty:

http://www.benchmade.com/about_knives/warranty.asp

#161135 - 01/03/09 08:12 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: KenK]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
Originally Posted By: KenK
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
All that takes is a readily available Torx driver.

If it helps, the pivot screw uses a Torx #T10 and the clip uses a Torx #T6.

Also, if you've had the knife for more than 30 days - beyond Aeromedix's return policy, here is a link to how to utilize Benchmade's lifetime warranty:

http://www.benchmade.com/about_knives/warranty.asp

He knows how to adjust the tension; that's how the blade became loose in the first place. No one can really be this stupid, he's just trying to cause trouble. I'm not joining in any more threads he starts in the hours before he gets his wish and is banned form the forum.
The Sock

#161137 - 01/03/09 08:15 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...Mr. Ritter can't be contacted from any link on this site..."

I have had direct contact with Mr. Ritter right here, many times...

#161138 - 01/03/09 08:31 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Have you ever considered that Doug is the designer, ETS is an advertiser, Aeromedix is the distributor, and Benchmade is the manufacturer???

(why am I wasting my time here???)

#161154 - 01/03/09 09:28 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
OBG, pure amusement? laugh

Well, there is your answer, username. I, too, am checking out of this thread. It was amusing though, broke up my day!

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.