Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#161065 - 01/03/09 01:38 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: scafool]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

yup, see ETS site, buy product. Product is crap. contact site for refund and get told go to this site, no go to this one, they guy who designed the product and promotes it on the site I order it from (the product is on the front page, how can one miss it) has no responsibility and can't be contacted.

Yikes, if I put my name on a product and found out the QC was crap I would want to know.

But I am not simply an unhappy customer with a legitimate gripe, I am just a troll. Sigh. So many sheepole, so little time.

#161067 - 01/03/09 01:43 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: username_5
yup, see ETS site, buy product. Product is crap. contact site for refund and get told go to this site, no go to this one, they guy who designed the product and promotes it on the site I order it from (the product is on the front page, how can one miss it) has no responsibility and can't be contacted.

Yikes, if I put my name on a product and found out the QC was crap I would want to know.

But I am not simply an unhappy customer with a legitimate gripe, I am just a troll. Sigh. So many sheepole, so little time.

I gave you the proper URL for the customer service and you called me a moron. So look in the mirror before you judge others.

#161068 - 01/03/09 01:50 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Again, you did NOT buy it from this site. You were LINKED to aeromedix's site. Seriously. We know you are unhappy with it, and have given you the tools to fix it. Go do it, stop crying about it. We are ALL aware you are unhappy. You are acting like a spoiled brat. Please, return it, and go on with your life. As amusing it is to see you get all riled up about this, it isalso tedious. We have pointed yo in the right direction; we have told you doug doesnt make them, he endorses them. We have linked you to both aeromedix & benchmade. The ball is in YOUR court, not ours. Stop whining about it, and return it. We have ALL had issues similar to yours with products at some point; and, I am sure, most of us have been frustrated. But, anger blinds a person, as it is doing to you here. You are upset, we understand that. How many times do you have to tell us that Doug isnt responding to you? I am sure your email to him was quite similar to how you have addressed members here; do YOU think you would reply to that? Seriously...put yourself in other people's shoes. Treat them as you'd expect to be treated.
Now, stop posing that doug doesnt get back to you, that you are SURE you bought it directly from ETS, and all that diatribe, contact aeromedix (which, once again, if purchased through this site, is the dealer you bought it from), and get your refund. Then move on.
The steps are right there, in black & white for you. At this point, you ARE acting like a troll..you are simply making inflammatory remarks. Not really a good way to start, dont you think?

#161071 - 01/03/09 01:56 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
You have some problems with your story. You did not buy the knife from ETS because ETS is not a retailer. Aeromedix is the only retailer of knives in the RSK family. So by making a blatantly false claim your credibility takes a dump. Second, you threaten continued libel if you don't get a refund based on your false claim from a person you didn't pay for the knife. It sounds to me like you are asking Doug to pay you to stop making your false claims. Blackmail may have been too strong, extortion is probably more appropriate. Regardless, your ethics are severely lacking.

#161072 - 01/03/09 01:56 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sector 16
I bought the knife from ETS.

As has been explained to you more than once, no you did not.

Let me ask you this, if during a discussion here on wilderness survival books, I linked to my favorite book at Amazon.com.

You click on that link, and buy the book from Amazon. When it arrives, you find the cover torn.

Who would you ask for a replacement/refund, ETS, me, or Amazon.com?

#161073 - 01/03/09 02:27 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
UncleGoo Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: CT
This guy doesn't want a solution to a problem, he only wants to see how much he can wind up the rest of us. I'm done with this thread.

#161074 - 01/03/09 02:55 PM Don't feed the Troll [Re: UncleGoo]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
Don't feed the Troll!!!
Please.

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

#161076 - 01/03/09 03:04 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Tom_L Offline
Addict

Oh boy, what a lousy way to start 2009.

I have no experience with Mr. Ritter's merchandise nor do I own an RSK. I can well understand the frustration with an unsatisfactory online transaction or receiving faulty goods, though. Just a few weeks ago I bought a Garmin GPS from an online vendor and got an older model instead of the one I ordered. Needless to say, I was mighty upset. Having to send back the goods and waiting for a replacement is never nice. Yet the matter was resolved quickly and I got what I wanted in the end. So regardless of my secret fears, it turned out I was not a victim of a conspiracy nor was anyone trying to rip me off. Stuff happens and I suppose the incident was as painful for the seller as it was to me.

The moral of the story is, do give honest people the benefit of doubt. At this time of year I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Ritter is enjoying his vacation or, like most of us, spending time with people he cares about. So he simply may not be in a position to reply right away, especially seeing that this matter does not involve him directly.

If you have genuinely received a bad product I am sure either the retailer or the manufacturer will address the problem with all due consideration. After all, they have been in business for a long while and value their reputation highly. However, I seem to sense either a lot of unnecessary anger or a hidden agenda here. Slander is a serious matter. For your own sake, do not push it too far. It will be bad for your inner peace and might hurt your wallet as well if it escalates to a legal dispute where you will need to present your argument in a much less heated manner than you have done on these boards.

As a matter of fact, I hope this thread doesn't get locked nor our friend username_5 banned until the parties involved resolve the matter properly. I don't think either Mr. Ritter or anyone else on these boards has anything to hide. I will keep my fingers crossed that the dispute is settled to everyone's satisfaction. Peace and a happy New Year!

#161077 - 01/03/09 03:11 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Tom_L]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
Why are you guys keeping this thread alive?

#161082 - 01/03/09 03:40 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
I can only think it an inherent design flaw. I look at the hollow portion of the handle and it is way oversized for the blade. As such the blade has no choice but to pivot loosely.
I had a look at mine and I can see what you mean. There is a visible gap between the metal of the blade and the stuff of the handle; about a millimetre each side. However, tightening the screw that goes through the pivot does affect the movement. I think there's a washer out of sight deep inside, or something.

I live in the UK, and my blade was very tight when it arrived so it wouldn't be mistaken for a gravity-assisted knife by Customs. I had to loosen it. It sounds like your knife is too loose and needs to be tightened.

I'm sorry that you're upset about it. You should know that many of us own these knives and know that they are not as bad as you imply. They have a good reputation; in fact so many credible people praising them that you will have an uphill struggle changing anyone's mind. I have to say that your tone is not helping your case.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.