Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#161049 - 01/03/09 12:46 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp
Originally Posted By: username_5
but it is the ETS site I ordered from.

You simply did not, Aeromedix is the only place you can buy them.

Look at your own sig. "RITTER RSKS" and yet you think it reasonable to defer me elsewhere for a refund for a product I bought from Doug Ritter's website?

Wow.

No worries, I am pursuing a refund from Doug, Aeromedix and Benchmade. I need my $100+ back that I spent on a wobbly knife that not even my cheap $5 Chinese swiss army knock off blade does.

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 12:49 PM)

#161051 - 01/03/09 12:48 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Problem is that the RSK is just one of many versions of Benchmade's Griptilian design. Blade play would be an issue with the pivot design which was not changed when Benchmade manufactured the RSK series of knives. A simple tightening of the pivot screw would probably fix the "problem". . . I wonder how it became too loose?

#161052 - 01/03/09 12:49 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Wow, anger blinded you. You were told no less than 20 times how to go about getting a refund, and you continued to attack doug personally. You, sir, need anger management. Doug doesnt sit in his house, making knives; he designed it, and authorized benchmade (the little butterfly symbol on the knife) to produce it. You need to go back to the manufacturer. ME, I have owned one for several years, and have VERY little lateral play...and I am NOT easy on my gear. You ever think that perhaps you got one that got through QC? Nothing, and no one, is perfect. Ge your refund, then take a hike. You are crying like a child, and calling names. Seriously, come back after you're through with puberty.

#161054 - 01/03/09 12:52 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sector 16
[quote=Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp]
Look at your own sig. "RITTER RSKS" and yet you think it reasonable to defer me elsewhere for a refund for a product I bought from Doug's website?

Wow.

I'm not, I'm trying to send you to the right place. You bought them from Aeromedix's site, not Doug's site, and warranty work is done by Benchmade, not Doug personally.

Nobody is trying to defer you anywhere, try to calm down and act like an adult and work towards a solution, not start flame wars all over the forums, which only makes you look like a fool.

#161055 - 01/03/09 12:52 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Russ]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Russ
Problem is that the RSK is just one of many versions of Benchmade's Griptilian design. Blade play would be an issue with the pivot design which was not changed when Benchmade manufactured the RSK series of knives. A simple tightening of the pivot screw would probably fix the "problem". . . I wonder how it became too loose?

I can only think it an inherent design flaw. I look at the hollow portion of the handle and it is way oversized for the blade. As such the blade has no choice but to pivot loosely. There is no screw tightening to be done. This problem is an 'out of the box' problem and the screws do not turn any more tightly than they are.

#161057 - 01/03/09 12:59 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Then contact Benchmade it's their name in big white letters on the gray box in which the knife was packaged. Aeromedix is another option since they are the only retailer for the RSK series of knives.

#161059 - 01/03/09 01:01 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sector 16
I can only think it an inherent design flaw.

And as the owner of at least 15 Griptilians (2 of which are Ritter RSK's), I promise you it's not.

Talk (don't yell) to Benchmade's warranty department on Monday, they have excellent customer service.

#161060 - 01/03/09 01:05 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
Russ Offline
Geezer

. . . I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

I'm not a lawyer, but that threat seems similar to blackmail. Benchmade has lawyers. . .

#161063 - 01/03/09 01:19 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: Russ]
username_5 Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: Russ
. . . I am not done yet. Until this piece of crap knife is fully refunded with no expense to me to ship the crap back I will just keep posting to knife enthusiast forums about how bad this knife is. Less than 12 hours until I post to the next site.

I'm not a lawyer, but that threat seems similar to blackmail. Benchmade has lawyers. . .

There is nothing illegal about posting impressions of products received on the net. The knife I received is a loose piece of crap and I spend over $100 on it. Pretty simple.

I suggest you quit dispensing legal 'wisdom'.

I bought the knife from ETS. That is the website I saw it on, ordered it from. Forgive me for not realizing that Doug Ritter who claims the knife as his (and owns this site) has absolutely nothing of significance to do with the knife.

I will make sure the folks on the knife forums know your opinions.

So it goes like this:

1. Go to ETS and buy knife.
2. Get knife and see it is a pile of junk.
3. Go to site knife purchase from and find no way to return it.
4. Post on the site's forum about how to return it and get insulted.
5. Find out that aeromedix is the real seller I need to deal with.
6. Find out that Benchmade is the real seller I need to deal with.

NEVER AGAIN.

#161064 - 01/03/09 01:22 PM Re: how does one get a refund? [Re: username_5]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
Troll.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.