Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#159944 - 12/26/08 12:42 AM Any Christmas Goodies??
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
I've got to ask ... What cool stuff did Santa bring you this year?

Even a lump of coal would be interesting from an ETS perspective!

For me:
--Fenix TK10 Flashlight - gift to myself mentioned earlier
--Princeton Tec Rebel EOS - the 4-mode one with the new Rebel LED, not the EOS II - even nicer than the original EOS!
--Midland HH50 Pocket Weather Alert Radio - the tiny black 3-AAA one - tiny, but so far not the best reception.

and best of all ...
--John Deere Wind Chimes - I see this as a weather monitoring device, plus it sounds real nice too - not the tiny irritating chimes, but has bigger tubes for nice sound.

My kids have now officially moved from Legos and Disney to video games (DS & Wii), books (Ripleys & that vampire series), and camping gear. They're growing up! Did I ever mention that they both earned their junior black belts in Taekwando this fall? A proud Dad couldn't have asked for a better gift.

Merry Christmas!!

Ken K.

#159949 - 12/26/08 01:04 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: KenK]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
Although I'm employed, and business for my company was really, really strong in 2008 and 2009 contracts are signed and look great, we are aggressively containing our expenses.

In a good year, we don't really "do" the gifting thing at Xmas, limiting total spending to $500 or less on all purchased gifts.

This year, we dropped that budget by half. The kids got a few handmade gifts, one or two store bought ones, and that's it. My wife and I didn't exchange gifts. Instead we had a really nice dinner of Goose today (MMM!) and it was good.

#159953 - 12/26/08 01:13 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: MartinFocazio]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
I was planning to apply money received toward M1A SOCCOM 16 to debt reduction, but it was a gift certificate instead. I know the owner, so I may try to get the cash back, but his policy is no cash refund. Don't know what to do if I don't get cash back. M1A or M4. I already have M1ANM and M21.

RIP OBG

#159955 - 12/26/08 01:27 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: Desperado]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
I'm currently in the mode or reducing my accumulated possessions, not adding more. My wife and I agreed not to exchange gifts this year, and focus on charity and frugality instead. She's currently off delivering gifts, but I stayed home since I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

Jeff

#159959 - 12/26/08 01:47 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: KenK]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Being very selective (picky) about my outdoor gear I ordered myself a few books online and my kids wrapped them up when they arrived.

Titles I received:

Wild,erness Survival 2nd Ed. by G. Davenport
Tom Brown's Field Guide, Wilderness Survival
Wilderness Survival by S. Swedo
One Man's Wilderness by S. Kieth/R.Proenneke
Survive! by L. Stroud

The trouble is that I am only 1/2 way through reading "When All Hell Breaks Loose" by Cody Lunden and am determined to finish it before I start on a new book.

I also received the DVD "Apocalpse Now - The Complete Dossier" I am looking forward to watching it on the new television I surprised my DW with.

In my Christmas stocking I got a "Speedy Sharp" tungsten sharpener, it looks interesting and really bites into steel.

Lastly I got a little cash to spend, I am thinking; a Cold Steel shovel, Silva "Clipper" watch compass, Petzl e+lite headlamp, stainless steel flask with bottom cup and Mors Kochanski's 17 Instruction Booklets.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's everyone.

Mike

#159960 - 12/26/08 02:00 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: Jeff_M]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
Originally Posted By: Jeff_McCann
I'm currently in the mode or reducing my accumulated possessions, not adding more. My wife and I agreed not to exchange gifts this year, and focus on charity and frugality instead. She's currently off delivering gifts, but I stayed home since I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

I got some flack from family on this same decision. How about you?

#159961 - 12/26/08 02:08 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: MartinFocazio]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

No. Even most of my nieces and nephews are adults now, and my family is always been pretty big on charitable work and giving, anyway.

In any case, neither my wife nor I could think of anything we actually wanted and didn't already have.

Jeff

#159962 - 12/26/08 02:20 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: Desperado]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Desperado
I was planning to apply money received toward M1A . . .

<Drool> I'm still trying to come up with a reason why I NEED to buy one. No luck so far.

Jeff

#159964 - 12/26/08 02:30 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: Jeff_M]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
One of Cabela's $30 cammo Camelbak MULEs ! and a sweet little Remington 700ADL in 30-06. No knives or survival equip this year! Oh wait, my daughter managed to find some Rocky (made in USA) merino wool socks for me laugh

Merry Christmas!

#159969 - 12/26/08 03:40 AM Re: Any Christmas Goodies?? [Re: KenK]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Rain gutters, beef jerky and the movie "House of Flying Daggers". DD1 got her first wristwatch and two night gowns, DD2 got "Moon Sand" and a nightgown. DW got a package of Pringles, and candybar and a nice headlamp.

-Blast

Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 390 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.