Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#159861 - 12/25/08 03:51 AM Re: Fenix TK10 Light - Chrstmas Gift to Myself [Re: Doug_Ritter]
urbansurvivalist Offline

Loc: Asheville, NC
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter
Originally Posted By: urbansurvivalist

FYI, you can get CR123 batteries for $1 each at batteryjunction.com . Plus you can order them in pairs(or triples) shrink wraped as a stack, to make organization and reloading quicker.

I have no experience with these batteries, but do note that they are made in China. See: www.equipped.org/blog/?p=42

Are these better? Maybe, but given the potential issues, I'll stick with U.S. or Japanese brand name lithiums myself.

From the batteryjunction.com website:

"Every Titanium CR123A battery incorporates PTC protection and the PTC threshold is set at 5AMPS. The protected Titanium CR123A batteries prevent excessive discharge that can damage lithium cells and may lead to catastrophic incidents."

"The double and triple sets of CR123A batteries are produced in the same production lot and the internal resistance of the batteries is matched. The double and triple Titanium CR123A battery sets will prevent new and old batteries from being mixed up and used in the same device"

"The Titanium CR123A 3V non-rechargeable lithium battery is one the most popular, widely used and tested, CR123A lithium batteries on the market."

"Independent tests have shown Titanium CR123A batteries excel in higher drain devices and often outperform the 'big name' cells in those types of devices."

I suppose they could be lying, but otherwise these batteries seem like they've been pretty well tested, and the matched sets seem to add a measure of safety. The website has runtime charts and detailed specs on the batteries also. These batteries were also reccomended at flashlightreviews.com.
In any case I personally would not spend significantly more money on brand name batteries because of an extremely unlikely scenario, which may be just as likely with the more expensive ones. However it is good to know about this potential issue, and I'll be on the lookout for unusual flashlight behavior.

#160041 - 12/26/08 09:56 PM Re: Fenix TK10 Light - Chrstmas Gift to Myself [Re: Desperado]
uw89 Offline
Stranger

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Originally Posted By: Desperado
Does anyone have experience with the SureFire G2 Nitrolon in LED? We have 6 that are incandescent, and I would like to change them to SureFire's new LED replacement lamp to improve battery life.

I have the G2 and bought this drop in deal extreme which is simple amazing. I figured I couldn't go wrong for $11, and highly recommend it. Happy post Christmas shopping...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.