MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Hey, maybe Desperado can borrow that? smile

#158841 - 12/18/08 12:50 AM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: MDinana]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
I have that all wrapped up. 17 and 18 year old sons handle low level threats. For long distance I have an M21 Optics. Intermediate distance M1A NM Iron Sights. Closer "Urban" distances SOCOM 16 (supposedly Christmas). Remington 870. In your face distances any number of .45ACP's. Mostly one of John Browning's finest creations.

If the young man is lucky it will be very quick. I really don't like getting my hands sore.
Did I mention I am rather fond of the M14 series of rifles? Looks like the M21 may be sold to a deserving LEO in Oklahoma though.

Edited by Desperado (12/18/08 01:00 AM)

RIP OBG

#158844 - 12/18/08 01:25 AM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: MDinana]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
It's all the damn hormones in the chicken. I kid you not, I have had to step back to someone in a local mall and advise them of her age and relationship to me. I promise that perv was at least 25-30. It is kinda sad for her really. One day your a normal 11-12 year old girl and in an amazing "no-time-at-all" change latter none of her clothes fit and all of her friends are jealous. I do not remember it being like this when I was in school, but it is assumed due to her appearance, she is automatically a slut. She is really paying the price now for what she will appreciate in the future.

Her one comment to me once was prophetic: "At least I won't have to buy my boobs like these other girls will dad".

All this from a 13 y/o.

RIP OBG

#158845 - 12/18/08 01:35 AM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: Desperado]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Originally Posted By: Desperado
I have that all wrapped up. 17 and 18 year old sons handle low level threats. For long distance I have an M21 Optics. Intermediate distance M1A NM Iron Sights. Closer "Urban" distances SOCOM 16 (supposedly Christmas). Remington 870. In your face distances any number of .45ACP's. Mostly one of John Browning's finest creations.

If the young man is lucky it will be very quick. I really don't like getting my hands sore.
Did I mention I am rather fond of the M14 series of rifles? Looks like the M21 may be sold to a deserving LEO in Oklahoma though.

Wish you well in getting your Christmas Present.

BTW I'm a Mossberg fan

#158847 - 12/18/08 01:46 AM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: ]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
Hmm. Well, to each his own. I worry more about other stuff.

#158858 - 12/18/08 03:44 AM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: Blitz]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
me drooling (in a total whiteout on the grapevine)...

#158860 - 12/18/08 04:04 AM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
me drooling (in a total whiteout on the grapevine)...

Ready for you to shoot anytime Sir.

#158893 - 12/18/08 02:03 PM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: Blast]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Originally Posted By: Blast
If I may add one very important detail:

I'm not middle-aged!!!

I'm only 40...oh crap, that is middle-aged. When the hell did that happen?
cry
-Blast

Damn it! I turn 40 next year...

I still think my mind is in the 20s tho...

#158938 - 12/18/08 06:14 PM Re: Faces of ETS [Re: ]
clarktx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Houston, Texas
Originally Posted By: Smash
Dosen't it ever worry you to put pictures of yourself on an open forum like this?

Hey Smash

I am in the picture and I didn't think twice about your post. I am a recovering Xenophobe so I see both sides of the story.

And besides... as Voltaire evidently did not say "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." We should all remember that maxim when we're perusing the forum.

I think Martin's response was nice for healthy debate. If you look at his history he has a way of extrapolating from what people say and commenting on it. (like he did in response to wildman800). The subsequent information is generally useful, if not entertaining. He's a good resource, and don't take it personally if he sees fit to educate you on the details.

Personally, I am a recovering Xenophobe. Partly due to the fact that I have worked from home for 6 years and I don't have any co-workers on this continent. I have, in the past, even asked for people to blur out details in photos that they posted online of me.

However, I have come to accept the same conclusions that others have posted and am trying to adopt a healthier perspective on humanity.

And in a breakaway behavior when I was in California this week, I made friends with my Sikh cab driver, visited his temple, and went to his house where his wife made some awesome Indian food for us. So I won't be attending my Xenophobes Anonymous meeting this week.

Interestingly, in the 5 months I've been hanging out here I have noticed that I find the posts of people who use their own picture as their avatar to be more "on target" for me than those of people who use other graphics (~kaoticklown is the poster child here). This is not an absolute thing of course, just noticing a trend. Please don't be personally offended by my point of view. There are many exceptions to this (I've already mentioned Martin) and its only a trend for me personally. (insert long dull flame reduction disclaimer here)

Edited by clarktx (12/18/08 06:29 PM)
Edit Reason: because I could

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.