Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#158136 - 12/12/08 11:11 PM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: wildman800]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: wildman800

Yes, I am smart enough NOT to get her any gifts that I would love but she wouldn't!!!

You hope. grin
I'm sending some excess gear to friends on the forums I visit. Will try to send a few $$ to Doug for the ETS foundation.
Me I want nothing

#158141 - 12/12/08 11:45 PM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: Stu]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
No haul for Christmas this year. It's been a bad one.

I did manage to put a little aside so that I could get something for my oldest niece. Luckily the younger two (another niece and a nephew) are too young to know anything other than a bunch of presents appeared in their home or where they came from so I won't look like some kind of complete joke/humbug.

The big bummer is that I won't be able to go visit the family because my car is in need of some major repairs.

I've still got a roof over my head though, so things could easily be worse. I'm not going to let it all be a downer though. I may take a little trip into the woods and go cold weather camping for a few days. Nobody likes to do that with me anyway. LOL

You have to look for the good stuff too. laugh

#158144 - 12/13/08 12:27 AM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: ]
Yuccahead Offline

Loc: W. Texas
Izzy,
Does the Cheaper-Than-Dirt M2 clone need separate tac-ties or Malice clips to attach it to Molle gear like the Maxpedition versions?

#158149 - 12/13/08 02:25 AM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: ]
Paul810 Offline
Veteran

Loc: NJ, USA
I personally didn't ask for anything this year. However, I'm planning on buying/building a new computer for myself after Christmas (when hopefully the price of the new Core i7 stuff will go down a bit and become more available). My current computer is five years old and starting to really feel the pain of my photo editing, presentations, documents, gaming, ect.

As far as everyone else, I figure they're getting either gift certificates or some cash. I'm not going crazy this year shopping before Christmas and neither is the rest of my family.

With that said, everyone is getting a nice gift from my near 90 year old grandmother, as she is paying for everyone in the family to spend a week in Aruba this upcoming January. She figures she doesn't have too much time left, and wants to spend the time she does have left with the family while she is still in good shape and can still travel. To make things even better I just found out I have enough airline miles racked up over the years to convert my seats to first class. I'm hoping that's a good sign of things to come and we wind up having a great trip. cool

#158156 - 12/13/08 03:08 AM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: ironraven]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
Northface Crestone 75

My buddy ClarkTX has that pack. It's SWEET! Plus he got it on a clearance sale for like 50% off. I was with him at the time and I'm still kicking myself for not buying one also. But us both having the same pack would have looked too...friendly.

Quote:
y mother is into explorer and medical biographies, so she's getting bios from antarctic and an everest doc.

You should get her "River of Doubt". It's about Teddy Roosevelt's expedition down an uncharted portion of the Amazon river. I couldn't put it down!

-Blast

Edited by Blast (12/13/08 03:10 AM)
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#158171 - 12/13/08 05:33 AM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: Blast]
sotto Offline
Addict

My wife and I also do not buy Christmas gifts for each other. Haven't for several years. Yeah, we're fighting raging consumerism.

Actually, each of us just goes out and buys whatever we want and then says to the other one, "You bought me a __________ this year for Christmas, Honey."

#158183 - 12/13/08 12:06 PM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: ]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
I'm getting my brother a copy of When All Hell Breaks Loose. His wife is getting a copy of Just In Case.
I asked for socks.

#158783 - 12/17/08 06:55 PM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: Nishnabotna]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Munchkin is definitely a great little game. I have Space Munchin. I actually got my wife playing Fluxx, which is an addictive card game as well.

It is a tighter Christmas for us this year. My little guy is just 9 months old. Pretty much any extra money I've had has gone to keeping him healthy and fed. We got the family to agree to keep things simpler this year. He's going to be spoiled pretty well tho.

That isn't to say that I didn't take care of getting things for my wife. I'll be getting a bonus after the end of the year, so I'll use a portion of that for myself. Maybe that Garmin handheld GPS that I've had my eye on for over a year.

#158800 - 12/17/08 08:05 PM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: ]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
Everyone should own Munchkin. That game is the best. If we ever get a ETS get together, I'll bring my copy. I'll let my nerd flag fly proudly.

Man, we need to get together sometime. You bring yours, I'll bring mine and we can have Double Munchkin!

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#158829 - 12/17/08 11:43 PM Re: The Christmas Haul [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
*laguhs* If we can ever pull off the ETS-con, I have reason to think that there will be a lot of gaming. Almost as much as there is range time. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 341 Guests and 64 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.