The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#157575 - 12/07/08 10:24 PM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: KG2V]
Oni Offline
Stranger

Loc: North Carolina
Ok I think we've got painkillers covered now.

#157591 - 12/08/08 12:59 AM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: KG2V]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Originally Posted By: KG2V_was_kc2ixe
[quote=IzzyJG99...snip...
Personally Tylenol (Kills your liver. Bad to give to anyone who has had any kind of Hep.) ...snip...

I can't take Tylenol, because I'm also taking Hydocodone APAP, which has about the maximum safe daily dose of Acetominiphin anyway.

Back before the opiates, I found that Tylenol and Motrin and a synergistic effect (it's been documented too) - alternate them, each on it's own schedule

I keep saying my leg is messed up - if you look at what I take as pain killers, you'll get a hint HOW messed up - and adding MRSA on top of the wound is not fun. Other day, I had to wash my wound in the shower - by the time I walked from the tub to my room - say 25 ft, I had blood all the way down to the floor on my leg. People here talk about wound care - The Long Term phamacy ships me 50 4x4, 25 rolls Kerlix, plus my silver bandages, every 2 weeks, and I usually run out of 4x4s. One of the interesting things is the wound care MDs teach you how to change your own dressings (if they can) so I don't have to have a visiting nurse every other day, or go to the office 3x/week. I go 1-2x/week to have the wound washed out, and basic debridement done [/quote]

Fat guy with foot in mouth walks in and hijacks the thread . . .

What was the initial wound to your leg? Sounds like combat wound if I am reading between the proper lines. For all the issues, if it was, sounds like whatever did the damage was contaminated with something. Kinda like the Vietnam era Punji Stakes.

Am I close? There is a reason I ask.

Edited by Desperado (12/08/08 01:00 AM)

RIP OBG

#157622 - 12/08/08 05:28 AM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: Desperado]
Oni Offline
Stranger

Officially hijacked

#157631 - 12/08/08 06:00 AM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: Desperado]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
Originally Posted By: Desperado

What was the initial wound to your leg? Sounds like combat wound if I am reading between the proper lines. For all the issues, if it was, sounds like whatever did the damage was contaminated with something. Kinda like the Vietnam era Punji Stakes.

Venous Stasis ulcer, cause by bad blood flow due to vein dammage from an infection, oh 7 years ago
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#157648 - 12/08/08 03:20 PM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: KG2V]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: KG2V_was_kc2ixe
Originally Posted By: Desperado

Venous Stasis ulcer, cause by bad blood flow due to vein dammage from an infection, oh 7 years ago

Check PM

Hijacking over fat man was only a cardboard cut-out in the bank window.

RIP OBG

#157960 - 12/11/08 10:35 AM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: AROTC]
BOD Offline

Loc: paleotropics
The best kit is in your head and in your reactions.

The best story I heard was from a British Army instructor. The men were told by an officer that the exercise started now and they would be considered prisoners once captured.

One guy pushed passed him, leapt off the truck onto the hood of the next and dissappeared over tarp before anyone could react.

10 days later he turned up at the garrison. He'd spent the entire time in a hotel while the rest were in the bush, starving and later interrogated.

Some people wanted to court-martial him but wiser heads prevailed pointing out that what he did was exactly right. Escape as soon as possible. The more time that passes the options and environments avaible narrow

#157963 - 12/11/08 12:39 PM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: BOD]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
A friend once went thru a survival school at Altus AFB, OK, which was next door to some Army facility. In the E&E portion of the class, right after a few days of being "prisoners," they were told to take off. In a short time they would be chased by locals who were acting as the badguys. If they managed to stay free for 24 hours the class was over, if captured they got two more days of prison. Then they were told not to go beyond such and such ridgeline, such and such fenceline, etc. My buddy, a former Eagle Scout, figured that was BS, so he beatfeet to the fence, hopped it, and spent the next 24 hours enjoying some well stocked Army outpost. Then hopped the fence again and went home...

#157978 - 12/11/08 04:07 PM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Oni Offline
Stranger

I like that thinking, if you really had to escape a hostile force there are no rules. What exactly did he do when he got over the fence, did he go to the soldiers and tell the story or did he hide and use what resources he could find without their knowledge?

#157984 - 12/11/08 04:41 PM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
A friend once went thru a survival school at Altus AFB, OK, which was next door to some Army facility. . . My buddy, a former Eagle Scout, figured that was BS, so he beatfeet to the fence, hopped it, and spent the next 24 hours enjoying some well stocked Army outpost. Then hopped the fence again and went home...

Ahh, Altus AFB and Fort Sill Oklahoma, Home of the FIELD ARTILLERY! Sounds like your friend was extremely resourceful and VERY LUCKY that he didn't wind up in an artillery impact zone. That UXO can come back to haunt years after it didn't go bang.

Fort Sill is the Artillery training post for all of the branches of the DoD, and many foreign countries attend also. If you still have contact with him, send him a note that he was very lucky.

RIP OBG

#158053 - 12/12/08 03:02 AM Re: Escape & Evasion kits [Re: Oni]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
He said that he found an unoccupied tent camp, complete with generators and refers full of goodies. So he just goofed off, eating and drinking his fill...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 416 Guests and 60 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.