Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#156724 - 12/01/08 03:56 AM Re: 100 Pushups [Re: Desperado]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
By going to see another doctor, you will be helping him/her retire student loan debt. That will help a like minded doctor equip themselves to survive.

I should clarify: I'm not a medical doctor, my doctorate is is in chemistry. However, I taught the pre-med organic chemistry lab throughout grad school. It's kind of like seeing sausage and laws being made. My impression of most of my students was "Oh my God, they are going to kill everyone they touch!!"
eek eek eek

It's kind of funny though. My current doctor graduated from med school in 2004. He's so young he doesn't even understand why I call him "Doogie". He's actually not bad, his main nurse is HOT and he has stitched me back together a number of times. Like I said though, I have a fear the pain is something bigger than a bit of a sprain...joint issues run in our family and from what I've seen my brother go through, the side effects of the medicines are worse than the arthritis itself.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#156729 - 12/01/08 05:05 AM Re: 100 Pushups [Re: Blast]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Two wraps of Prima-Cord, One "initiation device" and maybe a large bandage. Then go see how good "Doogie" is with that needle and thread. Maybe the cat gut will build an immunity to, well, cats?

Forgot, Jack Daniels before, during and after you begin the above treatment, and maybe safety glasses.

Seriously, good luck with the wing. I gritch about carpal tunnel until I hear things like your issue.

RIP OBG

#166651 - 02/07/09 02:09 PM Re: 100 Pushups [Re: learnmore]
nouseforaname Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: learnmore
Once you are feeling better try doing a pushup on your fists this takes the pressure off of your wrists. I broke down and bought the perfect pushup handles at Dick's sporting goods and I haven't had any wrist problems since. I was skeptical, but they really did make a big difference.

i have the Ultimate Gym (???) thing they've been advertising on TV as of late; handles for pushups as well as a pull-up bar that doesn't need any installation, just friction. i HIGHLY recommend it! the pushups ive been doing are a world of difference if only because the extra range of motion i get...you can go 'deeeep' with handles.

i keep telling myself i'm going to do the 100 pushups, but i keep doing the initial max-rep test every night instead of looking at my intervals.

oh, hand placement is key...make sure your arms are square with your shoulders, you'd be amazed at how easy it is to sprain a wrist when youre not square, fatigue sets in and you start cheating.

#166653 - 02/07/09 03:32 PM Re: 100 Pushups [Re: nouseforaname]
Tom_L Offline
Addict

Quote:
i have the Ultimate Gym (???) thing they've been advertising on TV as of late; handles for pushups as well as a pull-up bar that doesn't need any installation, just friction. i HIGHLY recommend it! the pushups ive been doing are a world of difference if only because the extra range of motion i get...you can go 'deeeep' with handles.

You get an even greater range of motion if you do chair pushups.

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 388 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.