Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#156538 - 11/28/08 05:32 PM What item(s) from your BoB would you.......
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
What item(s) from your BoB would you try to take into a "Crisis Relocation Camp" if you were rounded up??

This is a rhetorical question since we all know that such doesn't exist and there are no plans for any such animals!

I would try to keep my blankets/bedroll/sleeping bag, messkit/knife, fork, & spoon, and my
Bic/matches/firestarter(s).

The blankets/bedroll/sleeping bag helps to fulfill my shelter requirements.

The messkit, besides the obvious dining purpose, could be used as digging tools (for gardening), a minor defensive tool if you still have the knife.

The Bic/matches/firestarter(s) provide the means to have warmth, cooking, and would be a morale booster.

This supposes that unlike the Nazi's, you would be allowed to keep anything.

#156546 - 11/28/08 06:44 PM Re: What item(s) from your BoB would you....... [Re: wildman800]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
Um, all of it?

Strange question. If it's gotten that bad we need a refugee camp, who's to say the camp won't be disbanded the next day? I'd want as much of my gear as possible.

If you're asking what is the most important, it's a rather simple choice: knife and sleeping bag.

www.kravmagafederation.com

#156551 - 11/28/08 07:28 PM Re: What item(s) from your BoB would you....... [Re: wildman800]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
I'd take nothing, because I wouldn't need anything after they tried to relocate me to camp. I'd not be going, period.

#156553 - 11/28/08 07:39 PM Re: What item(s) from your BoB would you....... [Re: Stu]
Lono Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pacific NW, USA
I don't know about a 'Crisis Relocation Camp' as I don't know who runs those, but I now have some first hand experience running a Red Cross shelter, and wouldn't hesitate to enter with any of my kit. We had three homeless guys during a recent flood, and I read the shelter rules for them - no weapons, no smoking, etc - I arranged for one guy to surrender the weapon he had on him to a local sheriff so he could stay the night. He got it back in the morning. Everything else was okay to have with you in the shelter.

#156587 - 11/29/08 05:59 AM Re: What item(s) from your BoB would you....... [Re: wildman800]
LED Offline
Veteran

Depending on the number of people, type of crises, etc, I imagine the restrictions could be similar to those required for flying. No sharps, no flammables, no pets, and maybe a backpack and one small/med sized bag, if that. Yeah, I'll pass, thanks.

#156646 - 11/30/08 12:15 AM Re: What item(s) from your BoB would you....... [Re: LED]
HESS Offline
Stranger

It would depend if it were a camp set up resulting from a natural disaster or if it were a marshal law thing. In a natural disaster probably everything but firearms would be allowed from my B.O.B. IN a marshal law situation I could not comply and would have to escape, evade, or end it with some civil disobedience.

#156649 - 11/30/08 12:28 AM Re: What item(s) from your BoB would you....... [Re: wildman800]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
One thing I did right in SERE training was not get caught. I would strive to not take anything into a government managed camp.

As for the rhetorical aspect of the question -- I would stash the entire kit so that it would be available after I found a way out of the camp. As you indicate, who's to say what they'd confiscate for the greater good. Once the crisis is over, I'll reclaim my stuff and do what needs doing.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.