Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#156481 - 11/27/08 04:01 PM Fancy Para-Cord Fob Sources?
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

For a project I am working on, I am looking for persons with talent for creating interesting and non-standard para-cord (and other cord) fobs for knives. These individuals can be either professional or hobbyists. Anyone interested can also email me directly: fob at dougritter dot com. Please include images or links to your work. I will select up to 6 persons to help with this unique project. Involvement will require signing a non-disclosure agreement.

(NOTE: Yes, this has been posted on Blade Forums and Knife Forums)
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#156484 - 11/27/08 04:07 PM Re: Fancy Para-Cord Fob Sources? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Since there is a non-disclosure, does that require a person to be at least 18? I know of a minor (my daughter) that is VERY good at this kind of thing and might be willing to participate. Only thing is she is 13. Maybe just give her some kind of a credit line (like a photo credit) and I think she would be pleased as punch.

PM me if that is easier, and I will forward my mobile email as I am going to be away from MacBook later.

Edited by Desperado (11/27/08 04:11 PM)

RIP OBG

#156486 - 11/27/08 04:12 PM Re: Fancy Para-Cord Fob Sources? [Re: Desperado]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Regarding a minor, hadn't even thought of that. I suspect I'll need a parent permission agreement or something, need to check with the my legal adviser, might not have an answer until Monday, will get back on that. Email me and I'll forward that to him.

Edited by Doug_Ritter (11/27/08 04:14 PM)
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#156487 - 11/27/08 04:16 PM Re: Fancy Para-Cord Fob Sources? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Still have to talk to her about it. She already has a very full load. We are in home on wheels this weekend seeing all the family. To her credit she is being a trooper about it. A trooper that got sick last night and has 102 deg fever right now. When she wakes, I will visit the subject. Between A's in school, traveling dance company and as she calls it "a life" there may not be much time. I will email.

Edited by Desperado (11/27/08 04:19 PM)

RIP OBG

#156572 - 11/29/08 01:47 AM Re: Fancy Para-Cord Fob Sources? [Re: Desperado]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

The few times I have felt a need for one I have either tied a monkey's fist or toggle.

A monkey's fist can be made anywhere from half and inch in diameter to well over 6" by using different cordage and varying the number of wraps. Any but the smallest will accept a ball of some description as a filler and form. I have used a light plastic ball for flotation and a four ounce lead ball for light throwing line intended for moderate distances.

Toggles are best hardwood but I have used bamboo as well. Small toggles allow a button hole to be used as a reliable attachment point. If a tight loop and toggle are tied at the end of a lanyard it makes attachment to a belt or strap easy.

A small pouch of thin leather or nylon also makes an effective fob. Left empty it weighs very little and takes up little room. Stuff in a couple of rocks and you have a throwing bag. Good for getting that light line over a branch so you can hang your food.

A tiny pouch, like a medicine bag, can carry a button compass, a waxed cotton ball and few flints for the Zippo. Storage and fob in one.

#156881 - 12/02/08 08:51 PM Re: Fancy Para-Cord Fob Sources? [Re: Art_in_FL]
DaveT Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NE Ohio
Hi Doug - may I suggest you add a couple more forums? EDCforums and candlepowerforums.com both have a handful of people who semi-regularly sell various paracord fobs - you might find a couple candidates there, too.

Dave

#156981 - 12/03/08 07:23 PM Re: Fancy Para-Cord Fob Sources? [Re: Doug_Ritter]
boatman Offline
Addict

Loc: Michigan
Mr.Ritter
I was a boatswain's mate in the U.S.Navy.I have made lanyards for every thing from bos'n pipes and pocket knives too duck calls and regular pipes.Let me know what you are looking for in a PM and I'll get it to you.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 325 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.