Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#155989 - 11/22/08 02:04 PM Re: An Historical Escape Scenario Worth Discussing [Re: Johno]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
Originally Posted By: Johno
There were only two successful breakouts from death camps, one from Sobibor and the other at Treblinka.

Both I believe were not let by the Jewish inmates, but by Russian prisoners.

The tv film 'Escape From Sorbibor' is good if you get a chance to see it. When rutger hauer goose steps his russian troops into the camp you think 'the nazis have slipped up letting this bunch in. Tough, organised, disciplined. They aren't going to to as easy to cow as frightened civilians'
The Sock

#156015 - 11/22/08 05:31 PM Re: An Historical Escape Scenario Worth Discussing [Re: Susan]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Susan
Oh..... my.....!

I had never heard of The 14 Defining Characteristics Of PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER.. I just looked them up. http://www.rense.com/general37/PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER..htm

Is it just me, or do an awful lot of those look awfully familiar?

Sue

with the possible exception of number 1. The opposite of those 14 points is happening in the USA. If my answers seem a bit unfocused, please see the original article which I haven't quoted in full because Mr Ritter will rap my knuckles..

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - non americans are surprised to see flags everywhere. But patriotism isn’t necessarily nationalism or a bad thing. This one could be true in some peoples views.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. is closing down Guantanamo bay.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. hasn’t used this technique.
4. Supremacy of the Military - the US military is struggling to fight two wars. What it gets isn’t ‘disproportionate’.
5. Rampant Sexism - a woman is third in line to the presidency. If PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. had won a woman would be second.
Divorce, abortion and homosexuality are not suppressed.
6. Controlled Mass Media - the US has a free media and a right to free speech.
7. Obsession with National Security - PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. didn’t campaign on this.
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - the US has separation of church and state.
9. Corporate Power is Protected - it isn’t.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed - the US has strong unions
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. was a professor and is chosing academic stars for his
staff as someone quipped; 'if the country is attacked during a Harvard Yale game you are in trouble' :-)
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - the police are governed by very strict rules
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - exists but not condoned by the state, businessmen and politicans go to
prison for it.
14. Fraudulent Elections - The USA just had an honest election.

The Sock

#156020 - 11/22/08 05:49 PM Re: An Historical Escape Scenario Worth Discussing [Re: TheSock]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
Don't want my knuckles rapped either but your simplistic answers are just that. Simplistic. Perhaps living in London gives you a different view of things but each and every one of the 14 characteristics can be found here in the U.S. We've had 8 years of a slippery slope and Mr. PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. doesn't take office until January, even now the current administration is putting rules and executive orders into place that continue the slide.

It is my hope that with the election of Mr. PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. we will see a lessening of the slide towards PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. that is without doubt taking place here in the U.S.

John E.

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#156026 - 11/22/08 06:08 PM Re: An Historical Escape Scenario Worth Discussing [Re: JohnE]
TheSock Offline
Addict

I didn't want to get into politics by judging whether the present administration was in favour of those things. And refuse to discuss it.
but it's irrelevant.
The direction of your country now; is certainly away from them.
Please provide the evidence that O'bama is going to do any of these things John.
Mr O'bama stands for the opposite of all those things.
The Sock

#156071 - 11/23/08 01:23 AM Re: An Historical Escape Scenario Worth Discussing [Re: TheSock]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
Well let's see, in one sentence you claim that you'll refuse to discuss it and in another sentence, you ask me to provide evidence for something I never claimed. Given that I'm trying desperately to avoid making this even more political than it has already become, I'll simply say that in my opinion, your earlier comments/responses were overly simplistic in response to the ongoing threat of the rise of PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. in the U.S. and leave it at that.

John E.

P.S. I don't know if it's your computer or what but there is no apostrophe in the name PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER.. His detractors claim he's not American but no one to my knowledge is claiming that he is of Irish descent.

P.P.S. Lest you be mistaken, I am a fervent supporter of Mr. PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. and have great hopes for his administration.

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.