Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#154367 - 11/05/08 04:20 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Chisel]
dandruff Offline
Stranger

Loc: Singapore
its evident that he is really twisted. as for being superman, we don't know all the details do we?

i like the fire extinguisher idea. what type is the most effective for blinding? dry chemical?

about the will to fight: i think perhaps the toughest question is trying to weigh up the potentially worse consequences of between fighting and just giving in. i have heard the 'just give them what they want' advice probably a hundred times vis-a-vis muggings and robberies. being stabbed is not worth a few hundred dollars. i think this must have been in their minds, but then things then escalated...

#154379 - 11/05/08 07:18 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Susan]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: Susan
But the guy who made the phone call didn't exactly use the time he had very well. "You need to help me" doesn't give a dispatcher or the police much information. "Man with a knife" or "He's going to kill us" would have been more appropriate. People need to learn to get the important information out first, elaborate later, if there's time.
Absolutely true. However, given that English isn't their first language, I have a little grace for them.

I like the fire extinguisher.

#154387 - 11/05/08 08:37 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim
Deeply disturbing. I'm not thinking particularly good thoughts toward the perp right now.

this is why banning self-defence is so fucking stupid and even criminal in itself.
i'm also thinking some fairly twisted things regarding the cops that just left because they couldn't find the house.
you can bet they wouldn't have just given up and left if they were looking for drugs or illegal weapons.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#154388 - 11/05/08 08:38 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Chisel]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Originally Posted By: Chisel
Quote:
with her boyfriend and two female flatmates, been subjected to an hour-long rape ordeal

Even the BOYfriend was raped ?
Something is not right here.

and still there is something else not right with the story
Lets say you pay three girls and they are there for you to do whatver you like to do , how can you .. I mean how ? Unless you are a superman.

he might have used an inanimate object part of the time. adn the boyfriend might not have been raped himself per se, but being forced to watch someone you know go through that for an hour would be torture in its own rite.

Edited by Erik_B (11/05/08 08:40 PM)

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#154405 - 11/05/08 10:45 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

I was once told by a man who frequented Australia to think of their police force as the local rugby team. That fact coupled with the anti-gun laws is very very unfortunate.

#154426 - 11/06/08 01:39 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: ]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

N'Kinda...Not really. When it comes to jokes I'm usually a little slow. Let me think.

#154445 - 11/06/08 03:50 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: ]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

I get it now.
So, in other words, we as a people will never give up our right to rise up armed and angry against a tyrannical government.
The day might soon come when we will have to choose to keep our backbones or surrender to being subjects.
As far as the joke, I for one am with the former, and will never be laughed at in that latter way. I'd rather fight to the death than concede that I should not be considered good enough to defend myself, my family, and my neighbors. The rugby team can go kiss a fish, and they've proved it time and time again!

Edited by Troglodyte007 (11/06/08 03:53 AM)

#154448 - 11/06/08 04:57 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Intersting, and sad, story.

Four people sexually assaulted by one guy with a knife.

Phone call for help "You need to help me."

"... traced to the apartment block but police officers could not find the exact unit..." How big was that apartment block? How many apartments?

As far as jumping to almost certain death, I would do it to avoid burning to death. But to avoid one person with a knife, I believe I would fight. Falling that distance will probably kill you, a knife might not. Or you at least might be able to get in a few good whacks on the badguy before he guts you...

#154449 - 11/06/08 05:44 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: OldBaldGuy]
dandruff Offline
Stranger

Loc: Singapore
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy

"... traced to the apartment block but police officers could not find the exact unit..." How big was that apartment block? How many apartments?

I believe it was a relatively large complex. anyone have any thoughts on:

1) what of fire extinguisher makes the best weapon? dry chem? others?

2) how does one weigh up the fight vs passive strategies? sometimes fighting can make things much worse. unfortunately wasnt the case here i think

#154451 - 11/06/08 07:46 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Erik_B]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
the boyfriend might not have been raped himself per se, but being forced to watch someone you know go through that for an hour would be torture in its own rite.

Eric, I don't care for his psychology.
The girl in this story has to start looking for a real MAN to love. This boy was a wrong choice.

If my wife or SO was going to be raped, and even if the bad guys were more than one, they are going to see the reality of the golden rule ( over my DEAD body). Giving in for a $100 is understandable, OTOH, my SO is NOT negotiable. Period.

Dandruff asking about fire extinguishder type. Well, dry chemical is best for fire and for bad guys. But if all you got was a CO2 (carbon dioxide) type, use it anyway.

And since those girls were students, dont understimate a blow on the head using one of them reference books. Some of those weigh a few pounds, but be careful WHEN you do it. He may be very vulnerable when he is "doing" the crime, but with a knife in his hand close to the victim, both persons maybe harmed.

I guesss best time is when he is pulling down his pants. I amnot joking here, he will need both hands for the task and holding knife.

Mace maybe illegal but perfume is not.
Spray it in his eyes and see what happens

How about window cleaners or any other spray cleaner.
Just aim to the eyes and then good luck with the law.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 238 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.