The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#154262 - 11/04/08 03:33 PM Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney
dandruff Offline
Stranger

Loc: Singapore
"A CHINESE student who fell to her death while trying to escape a knife-wielding intruder had, with her boyfriend and two female flatmates, been subjected to an hour-long rape ordeal, police believe."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24569300-5013404,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24576868-661,00.htmla

http://news.theage.com.au/national/police-could-have-saved-balcony-victim-20081104-5h9q.html

This is probably the most disturbing piece of news i have read in a long time. probably because i am pretty much in the same situation as the victims, i.e. international student in Sydney Australia. The victim and her boyfriend fell 25meters (80ft?) naked.

multiple police calls were made before they fell. the police arrived quickly at the correct street, but could not find the correct apartment unit so gave up and left. i.e they COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED.

How does one prepare for something like this? Is it even possible? It was such a random, opportunistic and barbaric occurrence.

The perpetrator allegedly held on to his knife through the whole episode. the victims were around 18-20 years old. guns and mace are illegal here.

I know speculation is risky, but I wonder how I would have acted if i was in the victim's shoes. could anything have been done?

#154264 - 11/04/08 03:54 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: ]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
Gave up and left?
Well, even in the US there's no expectation of protection, but that is a sorry person who would do that.
Are axes and machetes illegal down under? Maybe a class on unarmed protection that focuses on dirty techniques instead of traditional martial arts.
When the states conspires to leave you defenseless it's a bit harder, but there are things you can do. Not every problem is solved with a gun.

#154269 - 11/04/08 05:17 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Nishnabotna]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
Deeply disturbing. I'm not thinking particularly good thoughts toward the perp right now.

#154289 - 11/04/08 08:00 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Hikin_Jim]
horizonseeker Offline
Journeyman

kitchen knives, sport equipment (baseball bat, hockey stick, cricket bat, golf club), pan, wok, many things in normal household can be improvised as weapons.

probably not so good against a gun-wielding intruder, but if you have advantage in numbers, the only thing you also need is the will to fight.

Edited by horizonseeker (11/04/08 08:04 PM)

#154294 - 11/04/08 09:42 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: horizonseeker]
duckear Offline
Addict

4 victims and only one perp armed with a knife?

Something doesn't smell right.

#154299 - 11/04/08 10:23 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: duckear]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Three of the victims were asian females. Add element of surprise to that mix.

#154348 - 11/05/08 06:44 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
He probably held the knife to the throat of one, and the others didn't want to be the cause of her death.

But the guy who made the phone call didn't exactly use the time he had very well. "You need to help me" doesn't give a dispatcher or the police much information. "Man with a knife" or "He's going to kill us" would have been more appropriate. People need to learn to get the important information out first, elaborate later, if there's time.

But the perp had to have a lot of nerve to jump the four of them, not really knowing how they would react. Or he's crazy.

But "divide and conquer" can have another meaning, also.

Sue

#154349 - 11/05/08 07:01 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Hikin_Jim]
dandruff Offline
Stranger

yes. the thing to bear in mind is that these were really young kids, away from home/family for the first time.

and i did read something about a 'mexican standoff' that happened at one point. 4v1 sounds clear cut, but i guess it isnt always.

#154353 - 11/05/08 08:30 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
LED Offline
Veteran

Terrible, terrible story. Horizonseeker is right. I think what matters here is intent. If those being victimized were intent on fighting thier attacker, they could've used almost anything as a weapon. A good (yet tragic) reminder that in a survival situation, state of mind is at least 50% of the battle.

#154359 - 11/05/08 01:17 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
with her boyfriend and two female flatmates, been subjected to an hour-long rape ordeal

Even the BOYfriend was raped ?
Something is not right here.

and still there is something else not right with the story
Lets say you pay three girls and they are there for you to do whatver you like to do , how can you .. I mean how ? Unless you are a superman.

Anyways, I just came to add another prep type comment

If he doesnt have a firearm like in this story, you could use the fire extinguihser against him.

Blind him first and then KABBBOOOOOM !!!!

Fire extinguishders are legally available in all countries, I think.

#154367 - 11/05/08 04:20 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Chisel]
dandruff Offline
Stranger

its evident that he is really twisted. as for being superman, we don't know all the details do we?

i like the fire extinguisher idea. what type is the most effective for blinding? dry chemical?

about the will to fight: i think perhaps the toughest question is trying to weigh up the potentially worse consequences of between fighting and just giving in. i have heard the 'just give them what they want' advice probably a hundred times vis-a-vis muggings and robberies. being stabbed is not worth a few hundred dollars. i think this must have been in their minds, but then things then escalated...

#154379 - 11/05/08 07:18 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Susan]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Susan
But the guy who made the phone call didn't exactly use the time he had very well. "You need to help me" doesn't give a dispatcher or the police much information. "Man with a knife" or "He's going to kill us" would have been more appropriate. People need to learn to get the important information out first, elaborate later, if there's time.
Absolutely true. However, given that English isn't their first language, I have a little grace for them.

I like the fire extinguisher.

#154387 - 11/05/08 08:37 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim
Deeply disturbing. I'm not thinking particularly good thoughts toward the perp right now.

this is why banning self-defence is so fucking stupid and even criminal in itself.
i'm also thinking some fairly twisted things regarding the cops that just left because they couldn't find the house.
you can bet they wouldn't have just given up and left if they were looking for drugs or illegal weapons.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#154388 - 11/05/08 08:38 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Chisel]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Originally Posted By: Chisel
Quote:
with her boyfriend and two female flatmates, been subjected to an hour-long rape ordeal

Even the BOYfriend was raped ?
Something is not right here.

and still there is something else not right with the story
Lets say you pay three girls and they are there for you to do whatver you like to do , how can you .. I mean how ? Unless you are a superman.

he might have used an inanimate object part of the time. adn the boyfriend might not have been raped himself per se, but being forced to watch someone you know go through that for an hour would be torture in its own rite.

Edited by Erik_B (11/05/08 08:40 PM)

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#154405 - 11/05/08 10:45 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

I was once told by a man who frequented Australia to think of their police force as the local rugby team. That fact coupled with the anti-gun laws is very very unfortunate.

#154426 - 11/06/08 01:39 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: ]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

N'Kinda...Not really. When it comes to jokes I'm usually a little slow. Let me think.

#154445 - 11/06/08 03:50 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: ]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

I get it now.
So, in other words, we as a people will never give up our right to rise up armed and angry against a tyrannical government.
The day might soon come when we will have to choose to keep our backbones or surrender to being subjects.
As far as the joke, I for one am with the former, and will never be laughed at in that latter way. I'd rather fight to the death than concede that I should not be considered good enough to defend myself, my family, and my neighbors. The rugby team can go kiss a fish, and they've proved it time and time again!

Edited by Troglodyte007 (11/06/08 03:53 AM)

#154448 - 11/06/08 04:57 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Intersting, and sad, story.

Four people sexually assaulted by one guy with a knife.

Phone call for help "You need to help me."

"... traced to the apartment block but police officers could not find the exact unit..." How big was that apartment block? How many apartments?

As far as jumping to almost certain death, I would do it to avoid burning to death. But to avoid one person with a knife, I believe I would fight. Falling that distance will probably kill you, a knife might not. Or you at least might be able to get in a few good whacks on the badguy before he guts you...

#154449 - 11/06/08 05:44 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: OldBaldGuy]
dandruff Offline
Stranger

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy

"... traced to the apartment block but police officers could not find the exact unit..." How big was that apartment block? How many apartments?

I believe it was a relatively large complex. anyone have any thoughts on:

1) what of fire extinguisher makes the best weapon? dry chem? others?

2) how does one weigh up the fight vs passive strategies? sometimes fighting can make things much worse. unfortunately wasnt the case here i think

#154451 - 11/06/08 07:46 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Erik_B]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
the boyfriend might not have been raped himself per se, but being forced to watch someone you know go through that for an hour would be torture in its own rite.

Eric, I don't care for his psychology.
The girl in this story has to start looking for a real MAN to love. This boy was a wrong choice.

If my wife or SO was going to be raped, and even if the bad guys were more than one, they are going to see the reality of the golden rule ( over my DEAD body). Giving in for a $100 is understandable, OTOH, my SO is NOT negotiable. Period.

Dandruff asking about fire extinguishder type. Well, dry chemical is best for fire and for bad guys. But if all you got was a CO2 (carbon dioxide) type, use it anyway.

And since those girls were students, dont understimate a blow on the head using one of them reference books. Some of those weigh a few pounds, but be careful WHEN you do it. He may be very vulnerable when he is "doing" the crime, but with a knife in his hand close to the victim, both persons maybe harmed.

I guesss best time is when he is pulling down his pants. I amnot joking here, he will need both hands for the task and holding knife.

Mace maybe illegal but perfume is not.
Spray it in his eyes and see what happens

How about window cleaners or any other spray cleaner.
Just aim to the eyes and then good luck with the law.

#154528 - 11/07/08 04:53 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

The guy with the knife MUST have had it held to someone's throat. Otherwise, the boyfriend should get some professional psychological help in understanding why he didn't defeat the rapist.

#154573 - 11/07/08 07:30 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: ]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

You know, you're right, to some degree, but in an existential sense only. The fact is, I have often bragged about what I would do if faced with such and such, only to realize later that I wasn't able to, just like everybody else has at one time or another; and I will again, because I am human, and so will everybody else, including you, like it or not. That is probably enough said, but I like ripping it to shreds, so...

But then again... a knife. Now, please let it be known that I don't know with 100%, absolute, all-knowing, third-eye including, crystal ball certainty, but unless he had that knife to someone's throat or other vital, I can't think of any reason not to attack him.
Maybe you can give me another situational example that might change my mind, as you are very right that it is wrong for a person to not think things through before feeling superior to another individual. Maybe I didn't think it through long enough. Maybe the boyfriend is a weak little cripple who couldn't help but jump even if all he faced was a toothpick, in which case he deserves our empathy, but also, in which case the girlfriend, if she had survived the jump, might seek psychological help in understanding why she didn't choose a boyfriend who could protect her against a very real scumbag possibility such as, let's say...a rapist with a knife. If you aren't willing to fight and even die for your girlfriend, then you aren't willing to fight for your children either, and you shouldn't even have a girlfriend.
Maybe he did fight, but decided in the end to jump out of a three story window instead of continuing the fight to victory. I don't know exactly what happened, but I do have an idea, even if you don't think so. The important point is that my words here aren't any kind of judgement. It's just my opinion, even if based on what must be a partially hypothetical situation because it is a given that I don't have all the facts. Neither does anybody else. But that doesn't mean that we must feel inhibited concerning sharing our opinions on a public forum. We have safegaurds called administrators who can quickly deal with any inappropriate entries; so not to worry.
I don't blame the victims, even though you said I did, I just think I would have chosen differently than they did.
Also, "terrible" is the wrong word. Things like rape are terrible, and equally so, to allow rape to happen without giving a fight. JMO, regardless!
The real question here, for me, now, is why is it that every now and then I'll get some total stranger who tries to tell me that I'm not his or her hero anymore. Because my opinion differs? If my response has let you down in some way, or does not reflect your understanding of things, then develop some self-esteem already.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Troglodyte007 (11/07/08 07:41 PM)

#154583 - 11/07/08 08:08 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: ]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Oof-da!

#154595 - 11/07/08 10:07 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: ]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

I had a thought earlier since reading what you said. I thought that maybe the rapist had one of the girls by the throat with the knife, and he told the boyfriend that unless he jumped he would not spare her.
So, he could be a real hero for jumping. It is impossible to tell either way.

#154641 - 11/08/08 08:37 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: ]
Tom_L Offline
Addict

Not everyone is built like Arnold and I don't know that many Bruce Lees in real life. It seems the bad guy managed to take the victims by surprise here. And though the victims did have a little time to react (calling 911) it seems pretty clear that they were overpowered quickly and failed to put themselves together to fight back for whatever reason.

At close range, a strong, motivated (high on drugs, psyched up or whatever) guy with a knife intent on cutting you apart is a lethal proposition. Bare hands vs. knife is a really bad idea. I've only done a little training in that direction but at least it was enough to dispell many common illusions. Especially when you realize that 95% of traditional blocks and disarms do not work under stress. Simply put, if you find yourself unarmed at close quarters against a motivated knife fighter you will most likely die. Unless you get very lucky or the bad guy makes a dumb move.

Without knowing the details of the incident, the bad guy may not even have needed to put a knife on one of the victims' throat to force the others into submission. Looks like they panicked and they certainly didn't believe they could defeat the bad guy, which is probably why they rather jumped through the window (basically commited suicide).

If they thought they couldn't defeat the bad guy, they were right. You can't win a fight if you don't believe in yourself. So the victims may well have lost the fight before it even started.

#154642 - 11/08/08 09:07 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Tom_L]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

BigDaddyTX, please remember that we do not know these victims and do not have anything against them in person. We are discussing a SITUATION.

Tom-L, you are right about a Hi guy with a knife. But this guy wasnt in a strong inviciple position all the time. He wasn't , for example, holding one victim and ordering others to collect money and jewelry in his bag. In this story he was himself doing the raping which means very simply : there was MANY moments and chances when he could have been attacked.

Off course we all agree that we dont know what happened exactly.
And so our opinions are limited to whatever info is available.

#154647 - 11/08/08 02:50 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Tom_L]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

I wonder if our society today has anything to do with that. When I was in grammar school, schoolyard fights were pretty common. Nowdays one will get you suspended. We had boxing and wrestling in high school PE, many don't anymore. Many many people, of both sexes, have never been in a physical confrontation of any kind, and therefore have no idea what to do, where to start, how to take a punch and ignore it (unless of course it is a real good punch), etc.

In a knife fight, even if you have a knife of your own, you have to expect to get cut. That is totally foreign to most people. But, at least in my opinion, far superior to trying to learn how to fly...

#154658 - 11/08/08 04:38 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: OldBaldGuy]
dandruff Offline
Stranger

I wonder if our society today has anything to do with that. When I was in grammar school, schoolyard fights were pretty common. Nowdays one will get you suspended. We had boxing and wrestling in high school PE, many don't anymore. Many many people, of both sexes, have never been in a physical confrontation of any kind, and therefore have no idea what to do, where to start, how to take a punch and ignore it (unless of course it is a real good punch), etc.

I am pretty sure that might have contributed in some way or another.

lessons I take from this incident.

1) Buy a big fire extinguisher

2) Buy a nice big machete. basically equip myself to stack the odds in my favor

3) Getting more acquainted with the idea of actually fighting. I hear the 'give in' mantra all the time. Time for visualization (and physical of course) exercises

I honestly think other human beings present the largest threat by far (in my situation at least). *shifts focus away from gadgets and gear*

#154667 - 11/08/08 06:21 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
Tom_L Offline
Addict

The only thing that really matters is mentality. Suppose you wake up in the middle of the night at the sound of a burglar breaking into your house. Most folks would panic and freeze. But there are folks who would grab the nearest solid object at hand and proceed without hesitation to smash the bad guy's skull into a pulp. Everything depends on the attitude. That's why you can have a house full of machetes and fire extinguishers but it won't help diddly squat unless you are genuinely prepared to fight.

Those kids did not necessarily need a machete. They needed a lot of guts, some physical skills and attributes and a dose of common sense. Looks like they were out of luck. Had the bad guy picked the wrong apartment and pissed off the wrong people he would've ended up in a world of hurt himself.

I don't know if there are any quick ways to developing a proper self-defense mindset. I'm not confident I could handle myself in such a situation myself regardless of my previous training. Unless you are consciously developing that fighting attitude (and can back it up with hand-to-hand skills) it might not be there when you need it.

#154723 - 11/09/08 08:31 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: OldBaldGuy]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Uh, I know it is against the first three rules, but what about fight club?

To compensate for our communities obvious lack of interest in preparing us for such physical confrontations, in high school some of us used to spar with each other, sometimes bare knuckle, sometimes with various blunt weapons. We'd get beat up on occasion. I got my nose broke, and a couple guys got knocked out, but we had rules, and we were pretty mature about it all things considered. Some of the guys were martial arts trained, but no one was what you'd call highly degreed.

We learned some interesting things about fighting. One was that, regardless of how opponents are armed, at a certain level of proficiency he who strikes first almost always wins. Another observation was that hands, arms, and feet are poor defensive tools against just about any weapon. Another was that when you are fighting for survival, attacks must be fully committed; there is no such thing as a limited fight. Your best chance is to gain the upper hand and you fight until the opponent is unquestionably incapable of continuing the fight. When in doubt, keep fighting.

I am sure this sounds boastful to some. The facts are that the sparring probably saved me a lot of trouble in more than a couple confrontations later on (I can think of two events in the Navy while on liberty abroad), possibly conditioning me to a certain latent guarded level in public. Not that I'm anything special, but as with OBG's notion, a little training early on makes for a good dose of reality about how some things in life can go.

#154769 - 11/10/08 08:53 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: dandruff]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
1) Buy a big fire extinguisher

Yes, but how BIG ?
That depends on how big you are

Don't buy something that is hard for you to carry around and control while you are running from corner to corner. It may be better to buy smaller (medium) sized ones than a big one.

Fighting small fires with it means standing in place ( almost ) but fighting a live ( 2-legged or 4-legged ) creature with it could mean jumping here and there while holding it with ONE hand. A really big fire extinuisher may be too much to carry in a confrontation (unless you carry it on one of those foldable luggage carriers, but even them you will have maneuverability problems).

Besides, when you have two medium sized fire extiunguishers instead of a BIG one, that gives you several options like you and your roommate each carries one of them, or you use one and then may lose one battle, retreat to the next room, pull the other one and start another battle.

#154770 - 11/10/08 12:56 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydney [Re: Chisel]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Our friends and relatives still laugh today about me using a fire extinguisher for self defense back in 1995 when some drugg addict ran into our house through the open garage door where I was working.

#155033 - 11/12/08 04:33 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Eugene]
dandruff Offline
Stranger

Originally Posted By: Eugene
Our friends and relatives still laugh today about me using a fire extinguisher for self defense back in 1995 when some drugg addict ran into our house through the open garage door where I was working.

Details please!

#155036 - 11/12/08 05:17 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: dandruff]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

wasn't much more than that, had just gotten married and bought a house and was in the driveway with the garage door up replacing the rear shock/strut on my wife's old car when one guy came running through our yard being chansed by another and ran in our garage and into the house. I went in after him pulling the garage door down and ran into the houe then grabbed the phone and picked it up and heard my wife talking to someone and told her to hang up and call 911 as this guy started going through our kitchen drawers looking for knife. The closest think to me was the fire extinguisher so I grabbed it and pulled the pin and kept it pointed at his face the while he explained that some guy claimed he stole his drugs or drug money and tried to beat him up and he ran. Eventaully the police came and the guy chasing him was long gone so the police just pulled up and sat in their car so I had to walk they guy out to them.

#155041 - 11/12/08 05:58 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Eugene]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

"...the police just pulled up and sat in their car..."

Amazing, simply amazing...

#155053 - 11/12/08 08:26 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: OldBaldGuy]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

God, how I hate domestics...

#155057 - 11/12/08 08:37 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: benjammin]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Maybe they didn't have a fire extinguisher.

Sue

#155082 - 11/13/08 12:06 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Susan]
snoman Offline

YOU are responsible for you and yours...

The police just do the paperwork after the fact.

#155089 - 11/13/08 01:52 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: snoman]
capsu78 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chicagoland IL
LOE also has the coroner on speed dial, and I'd have to look up the number.

#155107 - 11/13/08 11:26 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Amazing, simply amazing...

They did the same years later when two kids on drugs drove into the side of our house after bouncing off my truck. The kid lied and claimed he was teaching his GF how to drive and she hit the gas instead of the brake when they turned into our driveway to turn around but there were skid marks in the road from where they turned in so fast. They then provided false proof of insurance and the girl driving got cited for failure to maintian control and over two years later my insurance company is still suing them for the damages. It took the police so long to get there they were able to walk down to the boyfriends house and flush their drugs and change their clothes to get rid of the smell. It took two more years to get our house sold and get out of there.

#155138 - 11/13/08 05:40 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Eugene]
Mark_G Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Stafford, VA
It things like this that remind me why the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution is "2nd" right after free speech. If you don't have the right to protect your life you are a victim. It is a matter of survival!
Doug, Feel free to delete this like normal.

Edited by Mark_G (11/14/08 08:39 PM)

#155157 - 11/13/08 09:28 PM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Mark_G]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The current mayor of columbus (where I lived)n is pretty anti self defense, hes a let the police handle it type.

#155189 - 11/14/08 04:29 AM Re: Student dies trying to flee sex ordeal in Sydn [Re: Eugene]
Susan Offline
Geezer

"The current mayor of columbus ... is pretty anti self defense, hes a let the police handle it type."

I suspect that a call for help from the mayor might be answered just a tad faster than a call from Joe Citizen. Pity.

Sue

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.