Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#151457 - 10/09/08 07:42 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: harstad]
Henry_Porter Offline

Originally Posted By: harstad
Originally Posted By: wildman800
It looks to me like there is a plan in place for that possibility. I and my family would do the prudent thing and stay home until things settled down.

FEMA sources confirm coming martial law
Wayne Madsen
WMR
October 8, 2008

WMR has learned from knowledgeable Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) sources that the Bush administration .... "Revolution" is the document’s "R word.

That is not a legitimate news source.

I have never heard of this source (Wayne Madsen Report). Do you have any insights into why it is not legitimate? I assume you mean it is not reliable.

I find it a challenge to efficiently suss out fact from error from propaganda in the various sources I see, and part of my being equipped includes trying to get the straight dope as well as I can. Thanks.

#151463 - 10/09/08 07:58 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: wildman800]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England

Not one single named source. This is the kind of stuff that gives survival sites a bad name.
The Sock

Originally Posted By: wildman800
It looks to me like there is a plan in place for that possibility. I and my family would do the prudent thing and stay home until things settled down.

FEMA sources confirm coming martial law
Wayne Madsen
WMR
October 8, 2008

WMR has learned from knowledgeable Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) sources that the Bush administration is putting the final touches on a plan that would see martial law declared in the United States with various scenarios anticipated as triggers. The triggers include a continuing economic collapse with massive social unrest, bank closures resulting in violence against financial institutions, and another fraudulent presidential election that would result in rioting in major cities and campuses around the country.

In addition, Army Corps of Engineer sources report that the assignment of the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team (BCT) to the Northern Command’s U.S. Army North is to augment FEMA and federal law enforcement in the imposition of traffic controls, crowd control, curfews, enhanced border and port security, and neighborhood patrols in the event a national emergency being declared. The BCT was assigned to duties in Iraq before being assigned to the Northern Command.

On April 3, 2008, WMR reported on a highly-classified document regarding the martial law scenario: WMR has learned from knowledgeable sources within the US financial community that an alarming confidential and limited distribution document is circulating among senior members of Congress and their senior staff members that is warning of a bleak future for the United States if it does not quickly get its financial house in order. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is among those who have reportedly read the document. The document is being called the "C & R" document because it reportedly states that if the United States defaults on loans and debt underwriting from China, Japan, and Russia, all of which are propping up the United States government financially, and the United States unilaterally cancels the debts, America can expect a war that will have disastrous results for the United States and the world. "Conflict" is the "C word" in the document. The other scenario is that the federal government will be forced to drastically raise taxes in order to pay off debts to foreign countries to the point that the American people will react with a popular revolution against the government. "Revolution" is the document’s "R word.

#151464 - 10/09/08 08:02 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: Henry_Porter]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I am not familiar with this source either so the reliability factor is: unknown.

I have seen good info come from unknown sources more than once. This makes sense considering the reports of Representatives being threatened with national martial law if they failed to vote for the bail out plan.

Yes, it is very difficult to sort the propaganda from actual news reporting.

#151467 - 10/09/08 08:21 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: wildman800]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
This makes sense considering the reports of Representatives being threatened with national martial law if they failed to vote for the bail out plan.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HaG9d_4zij8

Rep Brad Sherman appeared to have a hard time believing this as well.

The US government would be highly incompetent to say the least if they did not have contingency plans for a complete financial banking collapse and all that entailed. There is bound to be something like this floating about. I wouldn't dismiss this report so quickly.

#151468 - 10/09/08 08:23 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: CityBoyGoneCountry]
gizmojumpjet Offline
Opposed to Bears

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Originally Posted By: CityBoyGoneCountry
Racist much?

Basically you're saying black people are such sore losers that we should expect them to riot.

This is a really unfair slur. He's referencing what others have said and trying to discuss hypotheticals.

#151469 - 10/09/08 08:34 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: paramedicpete]
BobS Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Toledo Ohio
Originally Posted By: paramedicpete
Funny, OJ received a guilty verdict and the world went on as usual, no riots.

I think some are trying to stir the pot of discontent to see what will rise; as for me, life is tough enough right now dealing with reality, without trying to worry about hypothetical situations.

Pete

Isn’t survival and planning for a potential problem down the road the what people do here?

Reality right now is that we all can buy anything we want, it’s nice weather, all your tires on your car are fine and inflated with air. No truck with hazardous chemicals crashed ¼ mile from your home, and no one is trying to kill you.

But the reality of right now may not be the reality of any given point in the future. So we think about, plan for and talk about a time when reality as we now know it may be different. An interruption of all we have now could come at any time. At some point bad weather could come along, you can get a flat tire and people can riot, and a tanker truck could crash down the street.

How is looking at riots any different then looking at other potential events?

As far as OJ one time a big riot, one time (so far) no riots.

That’s = a 50% result in a riot, not what I would call good odds.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

#151470 - 10/09/08 08:44 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: BobS]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Puts colt SAA to my chin and yells to mob " Everybody back off, or the moderator gets it." Backs away from forum crying 'Hep me! hep me!"

I need a beer.

#151471 - 10/09/08 08:47 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: gizmojumpjet]
CityBoyGoneCountry Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: gizmojumpjet
Originally Posted By: CityBoyGoneCountry
Racist much?

Basically you're saying black people are such sore losers that we should expect them to riot.

This is a really unfair slur. He's referencing what others have said and trying to discuss hypotheticals.

I don't think it's unfair at all.

"Hypothetically, what if black people really are such sore losers that they'll riot if PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. loses?"

Let's try it with another group and see how it sounds.

"Hypothetically, what if the Jews are behind our economic problems?"

Sounds kinda shady, doesn't it?

Look, the whole Rodney King episode was about police getting away with a crime. It was an injustice, and when the justice system fails the common man, his only recourse is to seek his own justice.

This is not the same as losing an election. It's not a crime to get more votes than the other guy. It's democracy. And although we may not be happy with how every election turns out, we accept it, because that's the system of government we've all agreed to live under.

#151472 - 10/09/08 08:48 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: BobS]
bsmith Offline
day hiker
Addict

Loc: ventura county, ca
Originally Posted By: BobS
As far as OJ one time a big riot, one time (so far) no riots.

That’s = a 50% result in a riot, not what I would call good odds.

boy, will you be happy to know that it's better than you think!

there were NO RIOTS after oj was found NOT guilty.

and there were NO RIOTS after oj WAS found guilty.

so we're 0 for 2 in the oj riot department!

#151473 - 10/09/08 08:55 PM Re: Hypothetical Post Election Situation [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
BobS Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Toledo Ohio
Beer is proof God loves us- Ben Franklin

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Herman30), 639 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.