Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#151245 - 10/08/08 01:29 PM Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fndtn?
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
I sometimes have an opportunity to encourage others to buy Doug Ritter Gear, and I was wondering if any particular source returned a higher percentage to the foundation than others.

Jeff

#151249 - 10/08/08 02:21 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fndtn? [Re: Jeff_M]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Jeff,

Somewhat complicated.

For DR products exclusively sold by Aeromedix.com, the RSK Knives and the LED Lights, a portion of all the retail sales goes to the Foundation.

For the AMK PSPs, ETS recieves a royalty from AMK on the wholesale sales of the PSPs by AMK. So the retailer you purchase from makes no difference.

Lifeview Outdoors provides a contribution to ETS based on sales of their Prepared to Survive DVD ordered directly from them.

Some retailers use the Marketplace Forum here to advertise and ETS recieves a small amount for that.

At times, some retailers have run promotions or sponsorships with a percentage going to ETS, Red Flare being an example. No such promotions or sponsorships are currently running.

Finally, at times, some have made their own cash contributions to ETS, independent of any sales or promotion.

Im sure I left someone out, for which i apologize in advance.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#151257 - 10/08/08 03:34 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fnd [Re: ]
ki4buc Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Augusta, GA
Don't forget the rich kids further south at Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, FL.

#151259 - 10/08/08 04:04 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fnd [Re: ]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
I happen to know a few and they're constantly making the 90-120 mile trip back to Abbaco without any sort of survival equipment. I keep forwarding them to the Aeromedix site, but they never listen.

Perhaps you can get them to read some of the ditching survival stories on the main ETS site. Check out the last six links on this page.

Then read Doug's life raft reviews.

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

#151284 - 10/08/08 07:32 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fnd [Re: ]
Grouch Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Meh. I've tried. They're just spoiled brat types in their 20's that don't think any harm can be done to them in any way.

We'll probably read about them one day and most will wonder what went wrong.

#151286 - 10/08/08 07:47 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fnd [Re: Grouch]
clarktx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Houston, Texas
Originally Posted By: Grouch
Meh. I've tried. They're just spoiled brat types in their 20's that don't think any harm can be done to them in any way.

We'll probably read about them one day and most will wonder what went wrong.

Worse, it will be a tragedy and result in legistlation that we all get to pay for. Their lawsuit results and insurance needs will be covered by the general populace.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

#151289 - 10/08/08 08:05 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fndtn? [Re: Jeff_M]
clarktx Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Houston, Texas
So Doug, now that the thread has been completely hijacked...

Who do you want us to buy from? Aeromedix?

#151290 - 10/08/08 08:10 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fndtn? [Re: clarktx]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: clarktx
So Doug, now that the thread has been completely hijacked...

Who do you want us to buy from? Aeromedix?

D.R. Knives and Lights are only available from Aeromedix. Beyond that, I don't think I should be endorsing any particular retailer. Certainly some are more participatory here than others, some have been historically supportive, which might provide you a basis for making a buying decision.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#151298 - 10/08/08 09:22 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fndtn? [Re: Jeff_M]
CityBoyGoneCountry Offline
Enthusiast

I might get banned for saying this, but I have to say it.

Survival is too important for marketing BS. My concern, first and foremost, is my life. If a company not associated with this website has what I need, at a good price, then that's who I'm going to buy from. By the same token, I'm not going to buy something based solely on its endorsement by this website.

This is SURVIVAL we're talking about. If you want to make a buck off it, fine. But if making a buck is your primary concern, then your advice is about as useless as an infomercial.

#151301 - 10/08/08 10:03 PM Re: Which Ritter Gear vender pays most to ETS Fnd [Re: CityBoyGoneCountry]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
I buy DR products, other products from the people who advertise here and even make donations to the ETS Foundation to support this site and the work Mr. Ritter does, which is done for free.

If you don't feel you are being served by these forums or the information on Equipped to Survive and don't feel like chipping in to lessen Mr. Ritter's expenses for providing this site and all its services that's fine, but I really don't need to hear about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.