Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#142651 - 08/03/08 05:49 PM Re: Everybody's Knife Bible by Don Paul [Re: Hikin_Jim]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma City
No problem, HV can send it to you when he's done. Just put yer john hancock in it smile

#142809 - 08/04/08 07:01 PM Re: Everybody's Knife Bible by Don Paul [Re: NeighborBill]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: billy.guttery
No problem, HV can send it to you when he's done.

HV, can you let me know when you're done? No hurry.
Just put yer john hancock in it smile
Can do!

#142921 - 08/05/08 04:06 PM Re: Everybody's Knife Bible by Don Paul [Re: Hikin_Jim]
Hghvlocity Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma
About halfway through...alot of information. I'll let you know Hikin_Jim when I am close and you can PM me your address.

Billy - You indicated that you would like us to sign in the book, but there isn't a blank page anywhere...your call as to how to procede.

How about I add an envelope and we can include a business card or small piece of paper with name and address on it?

Let me know.

#142928 - 08/05/08 05:04 PM Re: Everybody's Knife Bible by Don Paul [Re: Hghvlocity]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Hghvlocity
About halfway through...alot of information. I'll let you know Hikin_Jim when I am close and you can PM me your address.

OK, that sounds good.

#142959 - 08/05/08 09:48 PM Signin' the book [Re: Hghvlocity]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Inside cover, title page, wherever there isn't "knife" info smile

#143245 - 08/08/08 01:42 PM Re: Signin' the book [Re: NeighborBill]
Hghvlocity Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma
10-4. Halfway through...lots of information. Funny how the writer assumes you are going to have wood screws with you. One section shows you how to build furniture with your knife and then shows to insert screws. I chuckled at that part.

Obviously, the book is not for survival alone...but just around the house to. It's good information, thanks for making it available.

#143398 - 08/09/08 10:44 AM Re: Signin' the book [Re: Hghvlocity]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Not a problem, I found it useful. Actually, I can understand why he assumes you have wood screws with you...after your first field exercise with the Army, I think everyone carries them smile. I know I did (still do, when camping).

#143947 - 08/12/08 11:53 PM Re: Signin' the book [Re: NeighborBill]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

I guess I must have missed that habit when I was in. What did you use them for?

Our little shelter halves had wooden pegs, later replaced by steel which were 1,000 times better and wooden poles (pretty high tech, lol), but I don't remember a lot of things where I would use wood screws. Nice improvisational item though.

#144020 - 08/13/08 08:52 AM Re: Signin' the book [Re: Hikin_Jim]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Shelter halves...LOL. Never saw one after Basic. We spent our time living out of tracks/trucks or hootches in third world playgrounds. Screws always come in handy when building hootches...made a solar charger for a cheap 9.6v cordless drill, no use in breaking your wrist trying to drive a 3" deck screw into plywood.

Plywood? Oh, yeah...combat engineers would always drop a pile of cr*@ in front of us to use for overhead cover and the like. Depending on where we were at, the first thing we'd usually make was a bar....

#144079 - 08/13/08 06:41 PM Re: Signin' the book [Re: NeighborBill]
Hikin_Jim Offline
Sheriff
Pooh-Bah

Shelter halves...LOL. Never saw one after Basic. We spent our time living out of tracks/trucks or hootches in third world playgrounds. Screws always come in handy when building hootches...made a solar charger for a cheap 9.6v cordless drill, no use in breaking your wrist trying to drive a 3" deck screw into plywood.
Come to think of it, I don't think I ever saw them again either. It was so dumb how the SGT's would make us take them down and put them back up because they were "not properly aligned" with the rest of the tents in the row. It looked like a seen out of an old movie -- of course we were using 30's or 40's technology. I do remember sleeping in or under tracks. That freaked me out a bit the first time I was told "go sleep under the track." (155mm self propelled howitzer)

Plywood? Oh, yeah...combat engineers would always drop a pile of cr*@ in front of us to use for overhead cover and the like. Depending on where we were at, the first thing we'd usually make was a bar....
lol

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Blast 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.