Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#150411 - 09/29/08 10:13 PM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: wildman800]
CJK Offline
Addict

Loc: FL, USA
Yeah...ponit made...rule broken.....

He's earned the right.

#150415 - 09/29/08 10:33 PM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: CJK]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
It's just a god damned piece of paper!

#150423 - 09/30/08 12:15 AM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: MartinFocazio]
BobS Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Toledo Ohio
Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
Yeah, I broke the rules. Fire me or cut my salary in half. A little tired of keeping the gloves on.

LOL I know the feeling, several BBSs I’m on I would like to make one point or another. But, you know how it goes…..

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

#150520 - 09/30/08 07:54 PM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: James_Van_Artsdalen]
James_Van_Artsdalen Offline
Addict

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: James_Van_Artsdalen

The hazards of staying are greatly overstated by those unfamiliar with the problem...

I did not say that well.

The *hazards* of riding out a hurricane are overstated, though it's a case-by-case thing based on trees and flooding potential.

The *difficulties* of riding out a hurricane are greatly underestimated. It's basically camping out for three weeks, the ancient, long forgotten form of camping without TV, cell phones or air-conditioned motor-homes.

When the politicians told most Houstonians to stay and not evacuate and I thought there would be a huge outcry when people found out how difficult life would be afterward. But apparently most realize it's just a hard problem.

#150612 - 10/01/08 06:34 PM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: MartinFocazio]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
"I'm not a Christian by any means, but there are some great lines written in the bible on the subject of helping the poor and downtrodden, and also on the matter of pride. "No casting of stones etc." is one of those concepts that is damn near impossible to live, especially when you want to smack the person you're helping in the face for being such and idiot. But you don't. You go above that. You suck it up, take the cost, and you work to educate them to help them not get into the situation again. That's what a civilized man does. "

The point is, forced charity is an oxymoron. You can't claim any magnanimity when you have no say in the matter. Redistribution of wealth is and has always been larceny. As I watch more and more of my earnings going toward things I would not otherwise support, I have less and less capacity for charity, that is to say the volume is diminished, but not the spirit. It is this contradiction that angers me about those who put themselves or remain in harm's way when they know better, and I am burdened with their salvage and recovery. Charity cannot ever be a burden, they are diametrically opposing aspects. Charity cannot be taken, it can only be given freely. What is being done now in our country, and has been done for quite some time, is not charity. It is robbery and fraud, and it will end only when the supply is exhausted, which is happening quickly.

To say that government bailout in one instance is okay and another is not is a red herring. None of it is ever any good.

#150653 - 10/01/08 11:28 PM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: benjammin]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
Originally Posted By: benjammin

Redistribution of wealth is and has always been larceny. As I watch more and more of my earnings going toward things I would not otherwise support...

So, name a single government body - anywhere, at any time - where taxes were taken and the allocation of said taxes was 100% at the discretion of the taxpayer.

I'll wait here while you look it up.

#150660 - 10/02/08 12:11 AM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: MartinFocazio]
BobS Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Toledo Ohio
Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
Originally Posted By: benjammin

Redistribution of wealth is and has always been larceny. As I watch more and more of my earnings going toward things I would not otherwise support...

So, name a single government body - anywhere, at any time - where taxes were taken and the allocation of said taxes was 100% at the discretion of the taxpayer.

I'll wait here while you look it up.

It seems you are trying to condone the bailout and unchecked spending by saying a government be it state or federal is going to spend money in some way any given tax payer doesn’t agree with, so we should just let it go spend crazy and unchecked.

To give in and decide that we have no control at all over government and to say “the heck with it” and let them spend like a drunken sailor is a bad way to let our government do things. In a perfect world you can blindly trust the government.

In a perfect world I would have a billion dollars, a long life and wake up every morning with a hot super model that loved sex.

But on both accounts, reality is somewhat different…

The people in the ongoing flooding areas expect the government to rescue them every time, again & again. And it’s going to do it every time. This comes at a cost of an ever increasing taxes on the people.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

#150678 - 10/02/08 02:36 AM Re: News Reporter - Cooking w/o Electric [Re: BobS]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
wake up every morning with a hot super model that loved...

It's even better to fall asleep next to one...or two.

-Blast, missing his youth more and more
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#153936 - 11/01/08 07:55 PM SPAM [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
georges Offline
Stranger

Loc:
SPAM

Edited by Doug_Ritter (11/01/08 09:38 PM)

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 253 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.