Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#148271 - 09/10/08 04:44 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: benjammin]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
Never thought I'd make it to 20. Had a passive death wish of sorts.

I would like to take a bullet for someone, thanks. Preferably someone I like, but anyone will do really.

I would not like to end up as a Darwin Award nominee.

www.kravmagafederation.com

#148280 - 09/10/08 05:20 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: Rodion]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
I'd like to go just like my grandpa did - drunk and asleep ...

Anyway, certainly not like those poor screaming passengers on his bus at the time.

Jeff

#148284 - 09/10/08 05:30 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: NightHiker]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
This I have to comment on: I think I know where you're thinking is.

I used to call Miami my "Homeport Away from Homeport". I'd walk into town in the morning and I'd observe this very elderly gentleman being wheeled out onto the porch. I'd be going by again, around lunch and he'd still be there. I'd be sloshing by there, 3 sheets to the wind, that evening, and then I'd watch as the nurse came got him, and wheeled him off to bed, after a changing/freshening up. That old man had been sitting in that chair, in his body waste via a diaper, for the entire day, and everyday that I'd pass by there in good weather.

I hope I'll be able to exercise the .45ACP option before I'd get to that point of an existence.

BTW, I plan to live until my 200th birthday, just to do my part in driving Uncle Sammy broke by paying my retirement and medical expenses, aka: out of pure spite!!!!

#148288 - 09/10/08 05:43 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: NightHiker]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
Originally Posted By: NightHiker
I have a pretty strong feeling that I'll check myself out.

Heck of an attitude for somebody interested in survival aint it?

Well, you don't get into disaster preparedness by being well adjusted...

www.kravmagafederation.com

#148293 - 09/10/08 06:35 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: wildman800]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: wildman800
This I have to comment on: I think I know where you're thinking is.

I used to call Miami my "Homeport Away from Homeport". I'd walk into town in the morning and I'd observe this very elderly gentleman being wheeled out onto the porch. I'd be going by again, around lunch and he'd still be there. I'd be sloshing by there, 3 sheets to the wind, that evening, and then I'd watch as the nurse came got him, and wheeled him off to bed, after a changing/freshening up. That old man had been sitting in that chair, in his body waste via a diaper, for the entire day, and everyday that I'd pass by there in good weather.

I hope I'll be able to exercise the .45ACP option before I'd get to that point of an existence.

BTW, I plan to live until my 200th birthday, just to do my part in driving Uncle Sammy broke by paying my retirement and medical expenses, aka: out of pure spite!!!!

Miami Beach used to be a place where people went to die.

"I hope I'll be able to exercise the .45ACP option before I'd get to that point of an existence."

I hope I have that option before I get to that point also.

Edited by SBRaider (09/10/08 07:02 PM)

#148295 - 09/10/08 06:48 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: Stu]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
I believe that God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things, and right now I am so far behind I will never die. - Calvin

I'm with St. Augustine: "Lord, make me a saint... but not just yet."

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

#148301 - 09/10/08 07:20 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: NightHiker]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
I hope to die at a time of my own choosing.

#148309 - 09/10/08 07:54 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: Brangdon]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The failure of most theologies is the pondering of post mortality. I am still trying to understand how the world got by BEFORE I was born, and where I was before 1953.ROFLOL

#148320 - 09/10/08 08:36 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: wildman800]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
I think I've seen every form of death imaginable. There are ways I know I don't want to die:

1. Burning to death, which is a bit odd as a number one pick for a professional firefighter. But I was burned once as a child, spent time with my mother in the burn ward when she had very life threatening burns, and have witnessed people trapped, alive, and burning to death.

2. Osteocarcinoma and certain other forms of cancer, which can be unimaginably painful.

3. In a hospital ICU, slowly.

4. Beaten, stabbed or otherwise tortured to death.

5. Suffocation, strangulation or drowning.

6. While doing something stupid. I don't suppose I'll be in a position to care then, but the thought of a humiliating death bothers me.

7. From an otherwise reversible or treatable condition due to lack of access to medical care, poor medical care, or medical error. It would just be so frustrating to me.

8. By legal execution for a crime I did not commit. (one of my secret paranoid fears is wrongful conviction)

Ways I wouldn't mind (too much) dying:

1. While successfully rescuing or saving another, especially a friend, family member or colleague.

2. On fairly short notice after a diagnosis of a fatal, but not too painful or debilitating disease, like some forms of brain cancer. I could say my good-bys and make my arrangements, without lingering on.

3. Unexpectedly, at home, in bed, asleep. But that would be tough on my wife. I've seen it many times.

4. Sudden, unexpected accident, provided I was rendered immediately dead or at least unconscious. Especially if it wasn't my fault, or at least where I've not harmed anyone else. One minute everything's fine, the next - poof, you're gone.

5. TMB Syndrome. (non-specific cause in advanced old age, just "Too Many Birthdays")

6. Anything after my wife goes, so the burden of widowhood falls on me, not her.

7. While out having fun, doing something I love, preferably in the wilderness, alone.

8. Shot by a jealous husband, at age 90.

Jeff

#148323 - 09/10/08 08:46 PM Re: How Will You Prefer To Check Out??? [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
The failure of most theologies is the pondering of post mortality.
It's one of things which made me realise I wasn't Christian: I discovered I didn't believe their life-after-death story.

(I'm guessing for me to write much more about this would be off-topic and liable to get the thread locked.)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, Ren), 394 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
1 second ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.