Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#147660 - 09/06/08 05:17 PM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: CJK]
Angel Offline

Congrats on the babies, you'll know what true happiness is when they arrive.
I'm in the process of putting together a baby emergency kit. I'm using a sterilite tub from walmart. The first layer will be 2 of the thicker blankets then 3 recieving blankets. Then I plan to put 3 bags in and fill one with 1 pkg. disposable diapers, 1 doz cloth diapers, safety pins, plastic pants, diaper rash cream, some baby wipes, a few wash cloths and 4 changes of clothes. In another bag i'll put 2 cans of powdered formula, a few boxes of dry cereal and several jars of baby food. In the other bag i'll put things like bottles a bottle brush, extra nipples,small stainless steel bowl, medical supplies and anything else I can think of that may be needed. In a pinch, the tub can be used as a bassinet. Any other ideas?

Edited by Angel (09/06/08 05:19 PM)

#147663 - 09/06/08 06:22 PM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: Angel]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
Angel,

Not a bad idea.

Right now i'm still in shock over twins! But i'm starting to think what we need and what will work, etc.

Looking for daddy's new diaper bag! Which Maxpedition did something. Their MPB bag isn't too bad.

Kris

#147871 - 09/08/08 02:52 AM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: BlueSky]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Congratulations Kris,

Welcome to a whole new world!

Mike

#147922 - 09/08/08 02:26 PM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: SwampDonkey]
Kris Offline
Addict

Thanks SwampDonkey...

Looking forward to it, but now trying to get the wife through morning sickness. The twins are really taking it out on her. Shes on medication to keep it down to minimum but still gets sick.

I guess kids start to beat up on ya before they are even here, eh!!!!

#147938 - 09/08/08 03:59 PM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: Kris]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Yup. Then come the oh dark thirty feedings and diaper changes...

#147961 - 09/08/08 06:42 PM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: Kris]
GameOver Offline
Journeyman

Loc: VA, USA
Kris,

I'm father of a set of twins myself, we've all survived 5 years so far together. They're great, they always like having a ready made playmate whenever they need one. I look back and it is already hard to remember all the infant care stuff that seemed so major when they were born (diapers, feeding, etc.).

My dad still calls them "Baby A" and "Baby B", just to mess with them.

Best of luck to you both. Cope with the hard times, enjoy the fun times, and look forward to the future.

#147976 - 09/08/08 08:35 PM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: GameOver]
Kris Offline
Addict

Thanks Mike!

#148002 - 09/09/08 12:19 AM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: Kris]
GameOver Offline
Journeyman

Loc: VA, USA
Oh, and check manufacturers (pampers, similac, graco, etc) for special offers for parents of twins. Often you can get special offers, coupons, etc. Now, this may be at the expense of getting on their mailing list, but some of the offers can be pretty decent. Not sure how well this will work for you in your neck of the woods, but worth checking.

#148003 - 09/09/08 12:19 AM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: Kris]
thseng Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NW NJ
Oh, I almost forgot an important piece of advice. Don't be afraid to stand up to the nipple-nazis. These are the nurses who think breastfeeding is a precise, regimented science and will have a new mother in tears because the baby isn't "on right" or she forgot to switch sides or the baby fell asleep while eating or is "just snacking". Relax and do what comes naturally. Mother and baby(s) know what to do.

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."

#148012 - 09/09/08 12:53 AM Re: Soon to be new daddy here... [Re: thseng]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
Originally Posted By: thseng
These are the nurses who think breastfeeding is a precise, regimented science...

Absolutely true. As a student nurse, I got assigned to the rooming-in suite. It was me (at age 24), mom and the baby, and the plan was for me to teach breast-feeding. Mom's first baby, so she hadn't a clue. I had read the book, but had no experience that I could recall. Disaster loomed, but the baby knew just what to do. In later years, terrified moms would bring babies to teh ER cuz it was midnight and the baby kept dozing off instead of nursing. Usually solved with a bottle of glucose water or pedialyte. And however bad it gets, in those first few months, take comfort in knowing that, when they reach 13 years of age...it will be worse...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.