Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#145781 - 08/25/08 12:51 PM Re: Well, here comes Fay... [Re: ]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Yep, the St. Johns is flooding out nicely this week. We are expecting T'storms every afternoon (back to the usual grind), so not much chance things are going to dry out a whole lot.

The diving was a bust. All the springs are overflowing and full of debris. The lakes are out (parasite problems), and the ocean is not the place for beginners here I've been told. Will have to wait till next weekend at the soonest before we can attempt another dive. Alexander springs was at least 8 feet above normal level. The lifeguard stand was almost completely submerged. Saw a cool ball of fire ants floating around near shore. The ball was maybe 2" in diameter, nothing but ants. I dared one of the smart alek dive masters that was with us to pick it up. He wisely declined.

Fortunately, my neighborhood is nowhwere near flooding anytime soon. It is still a nuisance, thanks to the contractor doing the main arterial road that we are connected to having lifted the pavement off the week before. There are some holes in that road that would swallow a Kia.

I guess sticking around here to the end of this week was a smart notion. I saw they got some tornadoes in Denver last night, and are expecting more tonight. Between that and the travesty that is the DNC, my wife says she would rather deal with the tornadoes. LOL. She says they've got fighter jets flying CAP and enough helicopters and small fixed wings flying around downtown Denver already to choke King Kong. That's crazy. Nothing's even going on there for a couple days.

Now I see the two tropical lows slowing making their way west into the Caribbean. I surely hope they don't decide to head this way. If we got hit again that soon, it'd be really bad!!!

#145834 - 08/25/08 05:37 PM Re: Well, here comes Fay... [Re: ]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
As for those storms on their way. I swear they better not come or else God and I are gonna get into one nasty fight.

Can we take bets on the winner? cool

#145858 - 08/25/08 06:55 PM Re: Well, here comes Fay... [Re: Stu]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
DeLeon was a contender and might've been one of her other qualifying dives, until it too was shut down because of the storm. Now it is just a matter of taking whatever will be open.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (adam2), 444 Guests and 319 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.