Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#144155 - 08/14/08 01:29 PM Re: Does anyone have? [Re: Shadow_oo00]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Got rained out today so here early today.

Originally Posted By: benjammin
Better to use a deterrant, such as T-Rex urine.

I can see it now. <standing on boulder waving a coffee cup> 'Yooo Hooo ... Mr Rex ... Yes ... down here.

<clears throat> ... I say there Mr. Rex ... well this is a bit of a delicate matter. ... You see if I could just get you to pee into this cup it would be ever so nice of you ... My what large teeth you ha...

I guess the alternative approach would be to skulk around with a mop and bucket. Staying in the shadows and out of eyesight. Moving in to collect your prize when Mr Rex relieves himself.

Originally Posted By: Shadow_oo00
I'm thinking this Weddig fella created this post just to see how everyone would respond, and is now sitting back laughing his raptor off grin

Quite. It is a funny subject. But, at the same time, it points out that planning ahead, thinking things through, improvising and working with what you have works no matter the situation.

Be it surviving in a city, in the deep woods, after a natural disaster or man made catastrophe the basics are always the same. While protection against velociraptors is, barring the sudden development of time travel, unlikely to be on anyones short list of real and immediate dangers there are commonalities between holding off velociraptors and dealing with other swarming and aggressive animals.

The ladies stampeding into the mall on half-off days comes to mind. I think I would rather face down the velociraptors. At least they don't insult and humiliate you before finishing you off. And velociraptors don't silently hamstring you and leave you to find out about it only when the credit card bill comes due.

In fact ... If I could find a velociraptor that could cook ...

Also make a very impressive watchdogs. If I come home and find my house has been broken into. Smears of blood and a half-eaten Air Jordan with toes still inside. My pet velociraptors are looking bloated, hiding under the bed, and acting guilty. They stare at me with those sad 'We numm numm but couldn't help it', puppy dog eyes.

The question is this: Do I call the police? Or do I just clean up and get a case of Pepto-Bismol for the stomach ache and bloating that always follows a large meal of scofflaw. Better get some Ducolax. Air Jordans, even after being ripped to shreds, can cause constipation. I can't have my pets suffer.

#144324 - 08/15/08 11:27 PM Re: Does anyone have? [Re: Art_in_FL]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Oh, that's just GREAT!

Not only do I need an Anti-Zombie Kit, I need an Anti-Raptor Kit, too. And probably one for each type of raptor.

So, is a Mossberg 590A1, at 10 lbs (incl. extra ammo), possibly useful for all the zombies and all the raptors? And does it weigh more or less than the collection of other kits? I would really prefer multi-functional.

Sue

#144332 - 08/16/08 12:49 AM Re: Does anyone have? [Re: Susan]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
I think a 12ga is a pretty good bet against most things.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 257 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.