Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#142827 - 08/04/08 07:57 PM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: MrDrysdale]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
It sounded like Blast was worrying! Not sure why since he basically lives in a suburb of Dallas; up in Spring!

I'm just looking for a reason to not do the pushups. grin

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#142831 - 08/04/08 08:27 PM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: Blast]
falcon5000 Offline
Addict

This is true about Fla, being in central Fla, we don't pay much attention to the hurricanes unless the wind threat exceeds 100mph. The rain storm you will be getting will help refill your rain collection system and water the plants and cars. You may be able to take the canoe for a trip in the neighbor hood on any low areas in the road. If you'll lucky, you'll get a day off work. Man I miss those days... Good luck Blast and party on....

Last big hurricane time we were up to 110mph in the backyard and a couple of our 4x4 fence post snapped and I was getting a little worried about the garage door. Since then I have a new hurricane rated garage door with 4x4 reinforcement, now I just hope the roof will remain strong and not pop off, it made it to 110 mph, but it won't do that forever with the stresses. Once we lost power, we fired up the 12.5 KW Generac generator and everything was ok. Now with the fuel prices and my 80 gallon fuel tank (that is empty), we will definitely have to conserve energy by running it to charge the fridge and freezer for 1 hour and then only turn it back on to sleep at night. It would be nice to be off the grid........

#142833 - 08/04/08 08:39 PM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: Blast]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
Thanks for the link, Blast!!

It makes it easier to watch as it goes by us. By the way, if worse scenario were to occur, you know where we are.

#142845 - 08/04/08 09:49 PM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: Blast]
James_Van_Artsdalen Offline
Addict

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Blast

It's supposed to be a fast moving storm so the area shouldn't have the flooding issues like TS Allison caused.

4-7 knots doesn't sound fast to me. But there appears to be nothing to the west or north (high pressure systems etc) to make it slow down or stall.

Tropical Storms often aren't a big deal, but something like Claudette, where rainfall can be measured in *yards* of rain per eight hours, will be a problem anywhere. And the flat terrain in Houston makes for more problems than other areas.

Almost all of the really destructive storms I remember growing up in Houston were tropical storms, not hurricanes. It was the tropical storms that either parked overhead for a while or kept coming back for more.

#142856 - 08/04/08 11:11 PM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: Blast]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Be a good time to break out the old skateboard and garbage can lid and go parasurfing down the street (ah memories of a foolish youth....)

Seriously, I thought about y'all when I was watching the weather report and little E's projected track.

I figure if anyone's locked and loaded to handle anything in that part of the neighborhood it's good ol'Blast.

Be safe (and remember, if you get scared Mini and Mambo will be there to protect you...)

#142859 - 08/04/08 11:19 PM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: Blast]
backwoodsman Offline
Stranger

Ok, I'm a little jealous cause you guys get to have all the fun. I guess us Okies will just have to keep enduring our usual summer fun (107 degree heat index) lol.

Watching the 11th hour rush on Walmart does sound like fun. All those people buying stuff they will end up selling at their next garage sale.

Have fun guys and if you get an opportunity send a little of that wet stuff our way.

Backwoodsman

#142860 - 08/04/08 11:21 PM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Head down, ears up. I can't imagine you aren't ready. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#142888 - 08/05/08 02:31 AM Re: Tropical Storm Edourd [Re: ironraven]
kmat Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spring, Texas
Blast,

8" of rain? How deep did you say you buried the kayak in the back yard? I hear Spring Creek calling!!!
kmat

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 447 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.